IPL 2022 Mega Auction

zen

IPL is expected to start from March 26th. That will allow for a double header on Sun, Mar 27th. 

Also Agarwal is likely to lead PK (unless a last minute decision to appoint Dhawan, who is new to the franchise). Various reports suggest that the franchise had already placed Agarwal as the front runner during the retentions but wanted to discuss all options post the auction.

IPL 2022 format and groups - Link

334904.1.png

"These five sides will comprise the four other teams from the same group and one team from the other group from the corresponding row as per the seedings. For example, Mumbai will play the other four teams in Group A - Knight Riders, Royals, Capitals and Super Giants - and Super Kings from Group B two times each." 

Edited by zen

On 2/25/2022 at 7:19 AM, Lord said:

Very confusing format and too many games

With home and away not relevant this year,could have just had one round robin phase. 45 + 4 games. Thats enough :dontknow:

Less games = Less revenue. They had to make sure teams play at least as many games as they did last time.

They could have made it in a way that every team plays the other teams within the group once and with the other group twice. Still 14 games per team, but more straightforward. This one seems a bit force fitted.

15 minutes ago, Lord said:

Good choice after the auction,but wonder why they didnt go for a captain? Warner got sold cheaply

Teams prefer Indian captains where possible as if he is not in form, they can afford to carry him in 7 (or more) Indian slots in an 11 ... IPL should be about giving players with good captaincy potential an opportunity as well rather than seeking to recycle captains!

10 hours ago, ipl is fun said:

May be he was expecting more money to be in the bubble.. I thought Gujarat had a steal on this one but not any more

Many English guys will back off. They can't be trusted.

15 hours ago, ipl is fun said:

May be he was expecting more money to be in the bubble.. I thought Gujarat had a steal on this one but not any more

I think it's really insensitive to bring monetary reasons in his exit. More money or less money, it's his life, he has made a decision to spend time with his family. 

These English players are really big on playing every league around the world, it's just that these unusual circumstances can lead to such decisions.

Players likely to miss initial games due to international commitments:

DC - Warner & Marsh 

GT - Wade and Joseph 

KKR - Cummins

LSG - Stoinis, Holder, Wood, Mayers

PK - Rabada, Ellis, Bairstow

RCB - Maxwell, Hazlewood, Beheendorff 

SRH - Abbott, Markham, Jenson

Injury or withdrawal

CSK - D Chahar 

GT - Roy (full tournament)

MI - Archer (known before the auction)

Correct me if I am wrong on some of them.  Am I missing anyone? :hmmm:

23 minutes ago, zen said:

Players likely to miss initial games due to international commitments:

DC - Warner & Marsh 

GT - Wade and Joseph 

KKR - Cummins

LSG - Stoinis, Holder, Wood, Mayers

PK - Rabada, Ellis, Bairstow

RCB - Maxwell, Hazlewood, Beheendorff 

SRH - Abbott, Markham, Jenson

Injury or withdrawal

CSK - D Chahar 

GT - Roy (full tournament)

MI - Archer (known before the auction)

Correct me if I am wrong on some of them.  Am I missing anyone? :hmmm:

DC - Ngidi and/or Nortje

KKR - Cummins (one match likely due to quarantine)

RR - RVD

This is assuming they are all picked and choose country over club.

Hazelwood is not in ODI squad in Pak but may miss 1st match due to quarantine as Cummins will.

Some teams won't have 4 overseas to fill :laugh:

Edited by Lord

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

DC - Ngidi and/or Nortje

KKR - Cummins (one match likely due to quarantine)

RR - RVD

This is assuming they are all picked and choose country over club.

Hazelwood is not in ODI squad in Pak but may miss 1st match due to quarantine as Cummins will.

Some teams won't have 4 overseas to fill :laugh:

Any updates on SKY and Kishan? Both were injured in series versus WI and SL respectively?