Imran Khan: When will the torture end?

Autonomous

15 hours ago, putrevus said:

Correct me if I am wrong it looks like Bajwa does not have same ambitions as Gen Zia , Ayub Khan and Musharraf. This was golden chance for him to declare Martial law.

Martial law is a messy business and gets sanctions if USA doesn't need your help. Remote control is much simpler to manage: let the govt do day to day stuff, act as indirect gatekeeper for proposed legislation when necessary and enforce desired changes via remote. That's how very large corporates also affect our lives in most countries.

6 minutes ago, First class said:

You guys are in your own imaginary world regarding Pakistan and I don,t want to disturb that . Guys like you wake up every morning and check whether Pakistan has broken into pieces or not yet and then get disappointed and wait for another day. You are already an expert on Pakistan , don't need any discussion , good luck.  Lets talk cricket.

Just before you were admonishing @Autonomous for his language. PTI fans have lost their balance due to the love for their messiah. They can see no faults in him. 

27 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Martial law is a messy business and gets sanctions if USA doesn't need your help. Remote control is much simpler to manage: let the govt do day to day stuff, act as indirect gatekeeper for proposed legislation when necessary and enforce desired changes via remote. That's how very large corporates also affect our lives in most countries.

Correct me if I am wrong then, what Imran Khan is did  is better for Pakistan in longer run as a democracy. Having fresh elections than letting Army dictate the terms. Imran may be useless as PM but shouldn't public decide his future. 

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Correct me if I am wrong then, what Imran Khan is did  is better for Pakistan in longer run as a democracy. Having fresh elections than letting Army dictate the terms. Imran may be useless as PM but shouldn't public decide his future. 

Free and fair elections are always great. However, kicking the constitution to suit one's agenda is a bad way to achieve whatever goals one wants to pursue. Even if he has potential to achieve 51% vote today, it shouldn't be at the expense of 50+ % that voted against him last time.

3 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Free and fair elections are always great. However, kicking the constitution to suit one's agenda is a bad way to achieve whatever goals one wants to pursue. Even if he has potential to achieve 51% vote today, it shouldn't be at the expense of 50+ % that voted against him last time.

Pakistan Army did not get this power overnight, what they have been doing is detrimental for democracy for last 70 plus years and I am sure what they have been doing in last 70 years is against their consistution.

Yes what Imran has done is unconstitutional but did he have any other choice? If fresh elections are not held and another Army's pet becomes PM their power will never diminish. It is not good for any democracy.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Imran Khan is doing this all wrong way.He has to bite the bullet and hope he can make a comeback in new elections.He is now coming across as guy who doesn't want to relinquish the power.

Ya long term his army will never allow him to be the PM again.

Edited by gattaca

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Just before you were admonishing @Autonomous for his language. PTI fans have lost their balance due to the love for their messiah. They can see no faults in him. 

Everyone is free to express his/her own onion , who is corrupt and who is a saint but let me tell you my personal experience . Before I do that , I would also like to tell you I grew up 3 miles away from Sharif's old house in Model Town Lahore and one of my uncle who was their neighbor used to play cricket with Sharif brother and our family including myself has been big time Sharif supporters for long time.

I have been with a US Based organization of professionals of Pakistani descent and have been involved in many charitable projects in Pakistan for almost 2 decades now . For this very reason I have worked with representatives of Pakistan government many times . I have met Nawaz once in DC when he was PM and Shahaz at Lahore when he was CM of Punjab . I never met Zardari but have met his ministers during his tenure. The level pf corruption I had noticed during Sharif and Zardari era was unbelievable . Every time you go to them for any charitable project for people of Pakistan , they would ask us to deliver the money to them and they will "take care of it ". It was hard to work with them as they would not have any idea or regard for transparency as we were answerable for every single penny we spent from donated money to keep our organization's status clean in USA and for tax  purpose also. Resulting most of the work done by us during that time was with private organizations without much help from the government. Then came IK's era. I don't say everyone  of IK's people is clean but we did not face any ussie working with them and no one asked us for any bribe and personal benefit from US. Particularly during covid epidemic, lot of good work was done through government and they did a great job, nice and clean . Pakistani people are lucky for having IK's government during the epidemic as they handled it better than any other government , with limited resources. 

I have seen it myself over many years the corruption-laden era of Zardari and Sharif and relatively corruption free IK era. Hence I hate Sharif and Zardari and a big supporter of IK, but not for ever and not unconditional . 

1 hour ago, First class said:

Everyone is free to express his/her own onion , who is corrupt and who is a saint but let me tell you my personal experience . Before I do that , I would also like to tell you I grew up 3 miles away from Sharif's old house in Model Town Lahore and one of my uncle who was their neighbor used to play cricket with Sharif brother and our family including myself has been big time Sharif supporters for long time.

I have been with a US Based organization of professionals of Pakistani descent and have been involved in many charitable projects in Pakistan for almost 2 decades now . For this very reason I have worked with representatives of Pakistan government many times . I have met Nawaz once in DC when he was PM and Shahaz at Lahore when he was CM of Punjab . I never met Zardari but have met his ministers during his tenure. The level pf corruption I had noticed during Sharif and Zardari era was unbelievable . Every time you go to them for any charitable project for people of Pakistan , they would ask us to deliver the money to them and they will "take care of it ". It was hard to work with them as they would not have any idea or regard for transparency as we were answerable for every single penny we spent from donated money to keep our organization's status clean in USA and for tax  purpose also. Resulting most of the work done by us during that time was with private organizations without much help from the government. Then came IK's era. I don't say everyone  of IK's people is clean but we did not face any ussie working with them and no one asked us for any bribe and personal benefit from US. Particularly during covid epidemic, lot of good work was done through government and they did a great job, nice and clean . Pakistani people are lucky for having IK's government during the epidemic as they handled it better than any other government , with limited resources. 

I have seen it myself over many years the corruption-laden era of Zardari and Sharif and relatively corruption free IK era. Hence I hate Sharif and Zardari and a big supporter of IK, but not for ever and not unconditional . 

look I understand but honesty <> competence.

IK has been praising India but at the same time some of our best governments have been the most corrupt with a scam every other week.

if you are complaining about Zardari and Sharif family but we still have 50 such families in India even now.

IK is a good face to have as people believe in him and I can see why. He is charismatic and has a clean record compared to other politicians but that alone is not a qualification  to run a country.

Look at the guys around him, IK can only use his judgement and make a decision but the facts, research, planning all would be done by his team. Do you think he has a competent team? I don’t know much about Pakistani politics but clearly his political followers look like uneducated clowns. Am I too far off saying that ?

Ik looks like an egoistic and a narcissistic guy who won’t listen to anyone   

Edited by maniac

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Imran Khan is doing this all wrong way.He has to bite the bullet and hope he can make a comeback in new elections.He is now coming across as guy who doesn't want to relinquish the power.

That's how it works in Pakistan. Make hay while the sun shines. Once you lose power your enemies will come after you like vultures. Has been happening since their inception. 

2 hours ago, maniac said:

look I understand but honesty <> competence.

IK has been praising India but at the same time some of our best governments have been the most corrupt with a scam every other week.

if you are complaining about Zardari and Sharif family but we still have 50 such families in India even now.

IK is a good face to have as people believe in him and I can see why. He is charismatic and has a clean record compared to other politicians but that alone is not a qualification  to run a country.

Look at the guys around him, IK can only use his judgement and make a decision but the facts, research, planning all would be done by his team. Do you think he has a competent team? I don’t know much about Pakistani politics but clearly his political followers look like uneducated clowns. Am I too far off saying that ?

Ik looks like an egoistic and a narcissistic guy who won’t listen to anyone   

Again , I will talk about my own personal experience .  IK people , our organization has worked with have been really professional , educated , competent and easy to work with , not the kind of people you are talking about . In contrast , the pervious governments elected representatives were really  embarrassment and not competent and were uneducated and they always relied upon the departmental secretaries (  government servants ) to guide them for even minor decisions . I think IK team was much better and professional than the previous ones.  Our team had a meeting with IK in December but I did not go to Pakistan this time , so never had a chance to meet IK personally since he became PM. 

9 hours ago, First class said:

Only thing this tells me is you are 100 yr old :phehe:

43 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Imran has not even attended the parliament. He is a bigger chicken than I expected. I thought kaptaan is a fighter and fights till last ball. Yeh to ghar me chup ke baitha hai :cantstop:

Is he even in the country ?