Avesh Khan

Will he succeed and ensure to play for India for long or will he be a failure.

I feel he is a Sure Shot Success.

He will beat Prasidh Siraj and become our no 2 bowler after bunrah soon.

Shammi has started declining now so his no 2 position is up for grabs soon. 

Bhuvi , ishant are Out.

Prasidh and Siraj are his competition. I think he can beat both of them.

What do you guys say.

Umran Malik also has to be expedited soon.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Avesh needs to get stronger, fitter, improve stamina. Only recently he has started working in the gym. Strength training does help improve pace too. 

Strength training does wonders for lot of things. Power. Speed. Strength obviously. Add in some gymnastics routine and conditioning. Then finish off with agility/flexibility exercises. 

Even with flexibility, lot of split stretches requires strength btw. You need to strengthen your hip flexors glutes etc to be able to do splits. You need to target these smaller muscle groups.

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Strength training does wonders for lot of things. Power. Speed. Strength obviously. Add in some gymnastics routine and conditioning. Then finish off with agility/flexibility exercises. 

Even with flexibility, lot of split stretches requires strength btw. You need to strengthen your hip flexors glutes etc to be able to do splits. You need to target these smaller muscle groups.

Speed training for fast bowlers is completely different. It's not body building. More isometric and eccentric workouts.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Speed training for fast bowlers is completely different. It's not body building. More isometric and eccentric workouts.

I know that dude. I have played for club crickrt. Grade cricket. Pretty high level. 

All athletes should stay away from body building completely. 

When I saw speed training, it was more to do with sport specific movements for cricket which will be more or less your shoulders back and core plus quads/hammy. Cable training for your shoulders for speed is perfect. Callisthenics and training using bodyweights is beneficial too for functional strength. 

Train like an athlete not a body builder. 

Body building is more useful for aesthetics, general ligament strength and muscle development. It has some benefits for general health like injury prevention. However the overall composition of bodybuilding does not translate well for sports in general. Definitely not for cricket. You need functional strength and power for cricket. 

Also never ever forget to stretch for agility and flexibility. You need to be flexible to avoid injuries.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Siraj is better,  far far better 

Siraj is a stud. Had he been fit for test 2 (he hurt his hamstring) and test 3 vs saffers we win the series tbh. 

Avesh has potential too. His bounce alone can be useful. Prasidh as well. Tyagi too. Don't forget tyagj. 

11 hours ago, Jay said:

Siraj is a stud. Had he been fit for test 2 (he hurt his hamstring) and test 3 vs saffers we win the series tbh. 

Avesh has potential too. His bounce alone can be useful. Prasidh as well. Tyagi too. Don't forget tyagj. 

no long-term fitness for either siraj or avesh. latter in particular runs out of steam faster than some of the vintage/antique trains I rode in some places.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

no long-term fitness for either siraj or avesh. latter in particular runs out of steam faster than some of the vintage/antique trains I rode in some places.

Don't need him to play every game. Every alternate game and just rotate. Modern era is different. Too many games with too many formats. Got to rotate. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Don't need him to play every game. Every alternate game and just rotate. Modern era is different. Too many games with too many formats. Got to rotate. 

no gas even for occasional tests. 3rd/4th spells are poor - down on pace, intensity, zip, etc. Has not yet mastered 50-over bowling. however, he should be playing T20s immediately

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

no gas even for occasional tests. 3rd/4th spells are poor - down on pace, intensity, zip, etc. Has not yet mastered 50-over bowling. however, he should be playing T20s immediately

Then he should quit imo. There is plenty of talent. If you can't maintain intensity in tests then just quit. I don't want half fit players. We need a ruthless selection committee that is willing that doesn't tolerate unfit players.

17 minutes ago, Vijy said:

needs to gain a bigger stomach and a much, much bigger mustache. merv was not fast, but he could at least maintain his intensity and pace over multiple spells.

Yes it always shocked me how unfit Merv looked yet he could maintain intensity for the whole test match without getting tired.

Aussie generally eat a nice clean diet but they do drink VB beer alot. 

Post 90s Aussies became really strict with regards to fitness and the results reflected it albeit in a non drs, no no ball umpiring plus no unbiased umpiring era. 

I do see a few guys like that here actually. Some eat like crap yet they can run all day without getting tired. Do bear in mind, these guys have been running since childhood. I guess once it's ingrained in your brain and you have good muscle memory of your past, it's hard to lose your talents. 

Edited by Jay