Pant:The Captain vs The player

Suhaan

With 20 people in your coaching staff these days if a player  still blames captaincy pressure for their failures it is their fault.

I don’t really think Samson or Pandya are any strategic geniuses either but their team is doing ok and so is their form which is like always.

Kohli just cruised by with 0 thinking but he had a decent coaching staff and team and had his personal form.People called him a revolutionary captain.

Pant just seems out of touch and he should also bat at 3.Nothing lower.

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

not at all impressed by his captaincy, shud be kept away from it so he can play freely 

India is already struggling to find player like his previous avatar and making him Captain curbs his natural instincts that reflects on his performance makes our struggle in LOI cricket ,a never ending quest

Just now, maniac said:

With 20 people in your coaching staff these days if a player  still blames captaincy pressure for their failures it is their fault.

I don’t really think Samson or Pandya are any strategic geniuses either but their team is doing ok and so is their form which is like always.

Kohli just cruised by with 0 thinking but he had a decent coaching staff and team and had his personal form.People called him a revolutionary captain.

Pant just seems out of touch and he should also bat at 3.Nothing lower.

Everyone is different

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Everyone is different

If Pant cannot captain in IPL where there is so much support and accountability than maybe he is not made up for that role.

as far as form goes he is struggling.

As a captain Pant doesn’t think quickly off his feet like MSD or Rohit. Neither does he seem like  approachable guy like Samson or Mayank. Seems a little overbearing. Obviously that’s just me judging him from TV which is wrong I know.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

If Pant cannot captain in IPL where there is so much support and accountability than maybe he is not made up for that role.

as far as form goes he is struggling.

As a captain Pant doesn’t think quickly off his feet like MSD or Rohit. Neither does he seem like  approachable guy like Samson or Mayank. Seems a little overbearing. Obviously that’s just me judging him from TV which is wrong I know.

don't think hes overbearing. Seems pretty chilled out.

Things look bad when they are losing.

Even Rahul looks a better captain this IPL but hes not

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I feel Shaw wud be better as captain for Dc as he himself wud be more focussed and someone who ll take responsbility head on . Let pant be pant, ill hate if he starts batting like dhoni 

A captain has to lead by example. For a veteran you can get by with poor fitness and fielding but Shaw would be a terrible visual.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

A captain has to lead by example. For a veteran you can get by with poor fitness and fielding but Shaw would be a terrible visual.

Kohli lead from front n so did KL every IPL season

Ill rather have a captain who makes other 10 perform. We all know How poor were last yr finalist captain- Morgan-Dhoni 

Shaw is young and will get better only, sometimes its best to make the naughtiest student of class as monitor . Already working with Hardik........

Rather look for guys who takes it head on then who gets burdned by it 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli lead from front n so did KL every IPL season

Ill rather have a captain who makes other 10 perform. We all know How poor were last yr finalist captain- Morgan-Dhoni 

Shaw is young and will get better only, sometimes its best to make the naughtiest student of class as monitor . Already working with Hardik........

Rather look for guys who takes it head on then who gets burdned by it 

Hardik is a fantastic athlete. Shaw is not. 

Kohli even if he has a bad game is a livewire in the field, MSD has safe keeping, Rohit at this point is a veteran and the leader in the locker room.

Rahul-Mayank are consistent bats and safe fielders.

What will Shaw do if he a teammate  midfields or drops a a catch? Kis mooh se kuch bolega ?

Doesn’t even have the senior excuse.

Edited by maniac

I feel his T20 game itself is mess. On true reflection of his IPL performance, he hasnt done well in any of the last three IPL seasons and his highest score is 58 in three seasons combined.

In T2Os, he needs to get tactically more stronger in terms of picking bowlers and picking shots. You can have 50 shots for one ball but you don't need to use 50 shots for a ball, you should rather have full grip on the shots that is your strength and will give you runs.

Ultimately, what matters to succeed is having decent enough shots and be able to use those shots to your full strength, that's what Kohli did at its peak and was successful at. Kohli doesn't have 50 shots for a ball but he has enough to know how he has to carry forward the inning from there and win the game for his team. Same with Babar too. 

So, Pant has to become tactically more smart in his shot selection and picking bowlers, otherwise few freak shots here and there, will create goosebumps but result might just not be optimum.