Should Rohit-Kohli have retired (or dropped) from international T20s post 2021 T20 WC?

zen

At least one of Rohit-Kohli has been playing WCs since 2007. Of late one pattern is showing strength - when conditions are tough for batting, these two get out, and when conditions are good for batting, these guys stats pads. 

To move to the next gen, the phasing out process needs to begin with T20s. India has built up a good bench strength.

India lacks that proactive innovative culture so it tends to wait for things to get from bad to worse (usually when there is no option but to change). I am not sure what the expectations are from these two in this format. Considering both T20s and ODIs, no one in the past has played so many world cups for India. 

What are the expectations from these two if they make it to the World Cup? … Will the selectors show vision to not pick them if they continue to struggle in the next few months or hope that they magically hit their stride (as if even their best form means anything anymore in 2022) in the World Cup? 

Discuss!

Edited by zen
51 minutes ago, zen said:

At least one of Rohit-Kohli has been playing WCs since 2007. Of late one pattern is showing strength - when conditions are tough for batting, these two get out, and when conditions are good for batting, these guys stats pads. 

To move to the next gen, the phasing out process needs to begin with T20s. India has built up a good bench strength.

India lacks that proactive innovative culture so it tends to wait for things to get from bad to worse (usually when there is no option but to change). I am not sure what the expectations are from these two in this format. Considering both T20s and ODIs, no one in the past has played so many world cups for India. 

What are the expectations from these two if they make it to the World Cup? … Will the selectors show vision to not pick them if they continue to struggle in the next few months or hope that they magically hit their stride (as if even their best form means anything anymore in 2022) in the World Cup? 

Discuss!

100% yes. Drop both. If only one then it has to be kohli who is a corpse. Totally right a out indias backward culture. Very reactive. Wait for a system to fail before attempting to fix it. There is no foresight. 

Not just these 2 clowns, we need to get rid of any non performers. 

Will they have the guts to stand up to these brats who control their pockets? I doubt it. 

KL, Rohit and Virat is a top order that are all too similar (read , slow) in the way they approach the start of their innings. Virat needs to go , for the good of himself and the team. He should have retired from t20is. Maybe the selectors have the cojones to drop him if poor form Persists.

For me, Rohit still has something to offer. Dropping both leaves the top order inexperienced

Shaw for all his technical flaws at least approaches opening in t20s the right way. He should helped to sort out any chinks and be told he can open don't worry about failing while going for it .

Really Rahul should be told that too, his batting is just selfish. 

All 3 (Kohli, Rohit, KL) are similar type of batsman....there is no harm in trying one pinch hitter who can give 25(12) kinda starts.
But question is who in India can provide us quick starts, Ruturaj is similar to them, Kishan's hitting arc is very limited. Only Shaw comes to my mind (unless they ask SKY to open).

16 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

All 3 (Kohli, Rohit, KL) are similar type of batsman....there is no harm in trying one pinch hitter who can give 25(12) kinda starts.
But question is who in India can provide us quick starts, Ruturaj is similar to them, Kishan's hitting arc is very limited. Only Shaw comes to my mind (unless they ask SKY to open).

shaw is the only option, but it is a very high risk approach with not much reward

On 6/4/2022 at 12:30 AM, Sooda said:

KL, Rohit and Virat is a top order that are all too similar (read , slow) in the way they approach the start of their innings. Virat needs to go , for the good of himself and the team. He should have retired from t20is. Maybe the selectors have the cojones to drop him if poor form Persists.

For me, Rohit still has something to offer. Dropping both leaves the top order inexperienced

Shaw for all his technical flaws at least approaches opening in t20s the right way. He should helped to sort out any chinks and be told he can open don't worry about failing while going for it .

Really Rahul should be told that too, his batting is just selfish. 

Said this back in April, sadly things came full circle in this WC