Roe v Wade overturned

coffee_rules

31 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Indian foreign relations in charge should release a statement that India is worried for the women in so called democracy. Hell we should offer package abortion trips to India. Sasta Sundar and Tikaav. 

Why would they travel to India?

The decision lies with the legislature in each of the US states. The conservative states are likely to bring back restrictive legislation prohibiting abortion. The other states are likely to continue with status quo.  That's where women would head.

Strange ruling, prima facie. Though I admit I have a lot to read up here. And on the preceding rulings.

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The decision lies with the legislature in each of the US states. The conservative states are likely to bring back restrictive legislation prohibiting abortion. The other states are likely to continue with status quo.  That's where women would head.

Strange ruling, prima facie. Though I admit I have a lot to read up here. And on the preceding rulings.

its just the beginning,we all know they will go after Gays and gay marriage next.frankly they disgust me and i live in Texas which makes it worse.

11 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Let's not let important details get in the way of a good story, now. 

Having said that, it is going to be a terrible environment for pregnant women in red states.  There are even some indications in red states like OK that women could be penalized for spontaneous miscarriages.  Now, that would be Taliban-esque

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

The woke lefties for whom it was Bernie or bust & Hillary was just as bad as Trump got a proper kick in the nuts.

Not saying they are to blame for this, but what is good shouldn't be the enemy of best. 

A step or two forward at a time is way better than a giant leap backward.

Edited by Clarke

4 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Let's not let important details get in the way of a good story, now. 

Having said that, it is going to be a terrible environment for pregnant women in red states.  There are even some indications in red states like OK that women could be penalized for spontaneous miscarriages.  Now, that would be Taliban-esque

They can still get aborted in red states within 90 days isn’t it? It used to be 5 months.

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I should have added sarcasm. But I am sure neighbouring countries will benefit. 

As far as judgement, actually I found it quite interesting. It's interesting how they write judgement in simple English unlike our judges who write for Shakespeare to read it. 

8 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I should have added sarcasm. But I am sure neighbouring countries will benefit. 

As far as judgement, actually I found it quite interesting. It's interesting how they write judgement in simple English unlike our judges who write for Shakespeare to read it. 

Forget Queens English, our SC doesn’t allow any other language other than English to even argue a case. That’s the amount of colonization in the elite judiciary 

24 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

There's a lot of gray area there.  Some people are interpreting this to mean that any given state can pass a law outlawing any post-conception abortion.  We'll see.

Just learnt that my state continues to protect abortions as always. Good for women. Remember the Indian woman in Ireland who died due to complications in pregnancy and they wouldn’t abort the child to save the woman. Catholics are crazy in this matter. 

11 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Forget Queens English, our SC doesn’t allow any other language other than English to even argue a case. That’s the amount of colonization in the elite judiciary 

Even in Govt offices you find this elitism in a different fashion.

This is not a colonial hangover. It's just that we are a low trust society where individuals find safety ONLY in abuse of power.  

Anyway enough of digression. 

7 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

@coffee_rules ..Can Us senate not just make a law superseding this judgment?  I think the outrage is harmon filled over-emotion.

That’s what this Roe v Wade case was about, after a lot of legal issues were challenged and fought in courts challenging the state laws. In US, states have their own constitutions (somewhat like it was in J&K) where it is now going to be fought. Each states’ constitution could allow or disallow and could be challenged in their states’ SC. 

21 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

That’s what this Roe v Wade case was about, after a lot of legal issues were challenged and fought in courts challenging the state laws. In US, states have their own constitutions (somewhat like it was in J&K) where it is now going to be fought. Each states’ constitution could allow or disallow and could be challenged in their states’ SC. 

This will be hard nut to swallow for Dems.

The immigrant votes it counts on (Mexicans, Muslims etc.,) are all against abortion. I think dems will remain weak and meow like cats in future days.

34 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

This will be hard nut to swallow for Dems.

The immigrant votes it counts on (Mexicans, Muslims etc.,) are all against abortion. I think dems will remain weak and meow like cats in future days.

Dont forget latinos. They dont like no abortion.