The World T20 squad selection!

11 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

About batsman playing him well , he did cause trouble to Rohit who is one of the best players of genuine pace. 

That's a problem. I have seen Rohit mistiming a lot in this IPL, it's not just Umran who rushed him. Gleeson did that. His pull is not as powerful.

Edited by Chakdephatte
On 7/11/2022 at 8:02 AM, Chakdephatte said:

That's a problem. I have seen Rohit mistiming a lot in this IPL, it's not just Umran who rushed him. Gleeson did that. His pull is not as powerful.

he is compulsive attacker against short one , will happen a lot specially with different pace n bounce of pitches . 

Rohit did looked rushed and uncomfortable that day , i have only seen that with rohit in his 1st CB series which he even later admitted that he cudnt see the ball flying 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is compulsive attacker against short one , will happen a lot specially with different pace n bounce of pitches . 

Rohit did looked rushed and uncomfortable that day , i have only seen that with rohit in his 1st CB series which he even later admitted that he cudnt see the ball flying 

I wanted him to play DK role in ODIs after 2019 World Cup. With him having problems facing spin and throwing away starts, it made sense. Bu need to see more of his pace game now. Not sure it will work but he is capable.

17 hours ago, Vijy said:

Agree with all of the above, except that Soooondar is a porcelain princess. can't risk him until fitness has improved.

this would be my tentative pick, although I know it's never gonna happen:

Rohit [don't want him, but as captain he won't be booted out]

Pant/Shaw [since Shaw is not in the fold, Pant must be told to go hard, i.e., play role of aggressor]

KL [in reality, Kohli will occupy this spot, but I can dream]

SKY

Hooda --> 6th bowler

Hardik --> 5th bowler

DK/Jadeja/Sundar --> play Jaddu/Sundar if bowling cover is needed, else go with Karthik

Bumrah

Mohsin/Khaleel --> both are bounce-based bowlers with left-arm angle

Prasidh/Bhuvi --> if pitch has early swing, then Bobby; otherwise Prasidh

Kuldeep [Chahal will play in reality, but I prefer Kuldeep]

Given that KL will most likely play ahead of Hooda, it means India goes into the T20 with a bowler and batsmen short due to Kohli.

Its sad, that India's best chance of winning the WC depends on Kohli sustaining an injury.

4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Given that KL will most likely play ahead of Hooda, it means India goes into the T20 with a bowler and batsmen short due to Kohli.

Its sad, that India's best chance of winning the WC depends on Kohli sustaining an injury.

If Rahul plays then he has to keep. Hooda and Kohli can both be in. DK and Pant out

On 7/12/2022 at 1:08 AM, Nikhil_cric said:

I know this is me being overly optimistic and it's never going to happen but a lineup of 

Pant

KL

Ishan

SKY

Hooda

Pandya

Jadeja/alternative

Bowlers

would look pretty ideal. 

In future i have something similar in my mind

1. Pant
  2. Shaw
  3. Ishan kishn
  4. KL Rahul
  5. Hardik 

Next depending on several factors - Samson, SKY, Tripathi (only in subcontinent), Samad, Hooda wud be those contendors , Devdutt (if his s.r improves) 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I know this is me being overly optimistic and it's never going to happen but a lineup of 

Pant

KL

Ishan

SKY

Hooda

Pandya

Jadeja/alternative

Bowlers

would look pretty ideal. 

It is not necessary that new players need to come in with the new approach. Ishan types are not the only ones who can go after the bowling. The Rohit,  Kohli , Rahul types can also go after the bowling and they are much more likely to be successful given their technique.  They haven't done it till now, but that isnt because they could not do it. It was a conscious choice to play risk free at the top. Not any more. 

4 hours ago, SRT100 said:

ideally, both rohit and kohli need strategic "injuries" before WC

9 hours ago, HamHindustani said:

It is not necessary that new players need to come in with the new approach. Ishan types are not the only ones who can go after the bowling. The Rohit,  Kohli , Rahul types can also go after the bowling and they are much more likely to be successful given their technique.  They haven't done it till now, but that isnt because they could not do it. It was a conscious choice to play risk free at the top. Not any more. 

Exclude Kohli from that. Even if he wants he can't go after bowling now. Rohit/KL Rahul may. 

55 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

You saw the shots against Wiley? Kohli too can do it. He just needs some time in the middle and the confidence back.

Few frontfoot connections won't turn his fortunes around. His utterly lack of backfoot game caught up with him eventually. It is not the case with Rohit. His basic skills are good enough to produce an impact knock here and there. Not the same with Kohli. He keeps trying to come forward. At this rate he will be at non-strikers end facing the bowler in order to negate the swing.

On 7/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Few frontfoot connections won't turn his fortunes around. His utterly lack of backfoot game caught up with him eventually. It is not the case with Rohit. His basic skills are good enough to produce an impact knock here and there. Not the same with Kohli. He keeps trying to come forward. At this rate he will be at non-strikers end facing the bowler in order to negate the swing.

after 20k runs that doesnt matter, its just a bad phase and it will be over soon. The hard working guy he is ll work this out ..............in that warm up game he showed signs of working on that backfoot game

His work ethics and fitness are one of the best , if anyone its him who cud get out of this. Infact obser all his innings carefully from england test series he has been batting well, just getting out wrong time and even in IPL he was unlucky few times. During bad times luck is the 1st thing that someone runs out from. I have seen player in way way worse coming out of it................KL rahul was quite horrible his whole technique went for a toss. Ganguly was so bad that was struggling to even touch the ball 

In t20 their shud be no complain coz he was showing intent from ball 1 

His stats in last 2 yrs also decent in t20 avg of 42 and 136 s/r and thats in bad form. 

13 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

after 20k runs that doesnt matter, its just a bad phase and it will be over soon. The hard working guy he is ll work this out ..............in that warm up game he showed signs of working on that backfoot game

His work ethics and fitness are one of the best , if anyone its him who cud get out of this. Infact obser all his innings carefully from england test series he has been batting well, just getting out wrong time and even in IPL he was unlucky few times. During bad times luck is the 1st thing that someone runs out from. I have seen player in way way worse coming out of it................KL rahul was quite horrible his whole technique went for a toss. Ganguly was so bad that was struggling to even touch the ball 

His stats in last 2 yrs also decent in t20 avg of 42 and 136 s/r and thats in bad form. 

. His game is a struggle against all sorts of bowling. Off spin, leg spin, left arm spin, swing,  If he escapes from one type he will get out to something else. Either he won't score runs or struggle getting those runs. That is why luck is not on his side. Sure you are up against new ball get a good one, you edge keeper puts down you get away and make the most of it. With Kohli it is not the case. Having intent is not enough. Even at his very very best form, he was more an accumulator for the best part of an innings and go big in the end.  Except he was able to remain not out till the end. Now it is not happening.  Ganguly made a stance adjustment which helped him get through.  He wasn't a terrible backfoot player. KL Rahul has excellent backfoot game. Kohli doesn't cut, square cut,  or backfoot drive or late cut.  All he does is swings through cover or extra cover. He was able to meet the ball with precision. Not happening anymore. 

39 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He is in bad form for a while. Too long now. You can watch him play in ranjis soon. Fan boys can all join him there. 

Ankit ji, you keep saying we cant use these new players as the old guard need to be backed. 

But you refuse to even consider giving chances to young talents. 

Young talents need lots of game time. Atleast 6-9 games before judging their quality. You can't just throw them In the deepend.

It's like me expecting a newbie data analyst to perform the role of a scientist right away. He needs to be trained and nurtured. These things take time. Give them some game time first. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, vvvslaxman said:

. His game is a struggle against all sorts of bowling. Off spin, leg spin, left arm spin, swing,  If he escapes from one type he will get out to something else. Either he won't score runs or struggle getting those runs. That is why luck is not on his side. Sure you are up against new ball get a good one, you edge keeper puts down you get away and make the most of it. With Kohli it is not the case. Having intent is not enough. Even at his very very best form, he was more an accumulator for the best part of an innings and go big in the end.  Except he was able to remain not out till the end. Now it is not happening.  Ganguly made a stance adjustment which helped him get through.  He wasn't a terrible backfoot player. KL Rahul has excellent backfoot game. Kohli doesn't cut, square cut,  or backfoot drive or late cut.  All he does is swings through cover or extra cover. He was able to meet the ball with precision. Not happening anymore. 

what do u think bad form is ?? that is exactly what bad form is 

Yet KL whole technique went all over 

What kohli doesnt have doesnt matter post 20k runs, he has made that with a way and will do it again . 

No kohli wasnt an accumlator , at his best strike rate was almost 140k he just attacks in a particular phase thats not accumlator. 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:59 PM, Jay said:

Ankit ji, you keep saying we cant use these new players as the old guard need to be backed. 

But you refuse to even consider giving chances to young talents. 

Young talents need lots of game time. Atleast 6-9 games before judging their quality. You can't just throw them In the deepend.

It's like me expecting a newbie data analyst to perform the role of a scientist right away. He needs to be trained and nurtured. These things take time. Give them some game time first. 

young talent ko chance dena matalb kiski ko bhi dena nhin hota, charity nhin

half of them dont even score that much as he is scoring in he is in his worst form. I know what a youngster needs but u cant give everyone same backing unless ur a talent like pant, pandya , umran 

On 7/12/2022 at 3:34 PM, vvvslaxman said:

Ganguly made a stance adjustment which helped him get through.

everyone has to make certain adjustment when they face such phase and so wud kohli. Kohli work ethic and fitness is light years ahead of ganguly 

From that to this was far tougher for ganguly then it wud be for kohli. 

Even it was far tougher for KL rahul

Yet they both got out of it and both were lesser players then Kohli  

Edited by Ankit_sharma03