UK ‘will be seen as racist’ if Tories reject Rishi Sunak

goose

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/opinion/et-commentary/scots-all-over-the-world-are-celebrating-1st-bcci-president-of-scottish-origin/articleshow/95169681.cms

Scots all over the world have been jubilant since ‘one of them’ became the president of cricket’s most powerful governing body. In Scotland itself, the coronation of Roger Michael Humphrey Binny as Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) boss was greeted with understandable pride.

Read more at:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/opinion/et-commentary/scots-all-over-the-world-are-celebrating-1st-bcci-president-of-scottish-origin/articleshow/95169681.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

8 hours ago, mishra said:

Sonia Gandhi, was most powerful person in India for over a decade. She had right to make anyone, a head of State. She chose a Sikh intellectual.

She could have chosen a Muslim or a Sikh and a Muslim in two terms.  

That's what I was saying, even now Sunak has been chosen as someone elected by representatives of the party and not in a general election. I'm not saying UK = India or that we're not racist, far from it. This measure of racism is not appropriate. It doesn't matter whether he wins the general election or not either. 

India could very well appoint a PM from minority community if the stars align, and there's umpteen minorities besides one particular religious group. There's just too many variables that go into a PM position in a multi party democracy with India's breadth. We've had multiple PMs who got the hot seat without even contesting the election and then being appointed via Rajya Sabha.

Sonia Gandhi was chosen as leader of single largest party despite her catholic background, not sure of her current faith. If Arif Mohammed Khan stood up as BJP leader and 2024 PM candidate, he'd probably have the single largest party lead as well if not the majority.  Now if you're arguing that India won't allow some Owaisi as PM, good luck with that in any country. 

On 10/28/2022 at 8:57 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

Mate i don't know if you have ever seen my posts here and maybe others can vouch for me- I have never wanted Dalits to be separated from Hinduism because they are hindus as anyone- now thats my personal goal to see society change enough to see it happen. Im championing sanatan dharam to be ONE umbrella for everyone where everyone is equal and their religion defines them and not their caste. I made a separation purely for this argument as they are seen by the wider society as underrepresented and discriminated so a Dalit tribal woman achieving one of the highest political posts in the country can be seen as a positive- trust you to twist the argument to try frame me as a brahmanical racist who wants to eliminate dalits :facepalm:

This just shows that native Indians are very discriminatory to each other. Forget about even outsiders. Just a dalit reaching a high position is considered an amazing feat. How many Dalits have played for India? 

15 hours ago, Ranvir said:

This just shows that native Indians are very discriminatory to each other. Forget about even outsiders. Just a dalit reaching a high position is considered an amazing feat. How many Dalits have played for India? 

I think if you are trying to make your point on racism, you chose wrong example for this one. 

22 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I think if you are trying to make your point on racism, you chose wrong example for this one. 

No it was LordPrabhzy who said that a dalit becoming president (or some other high position)  was an example of India not being racist or discrinatory. And I am just saying that it's a joke that a native Indian reaching such a high position is seen as an example of India's inclusiveness. 

1 hour ago, Ranvir said:

No it was LordPrabhzy who said that a dalit becoming president (or some other high position)  was an example of India not being racist or discrinatory. And I am just saying that it's a joke that a native Indian reaching such a high position is seen as an example of India's inclusiveness. 

No clearly he said it's an indication of inclusiveness of Indians because we are majority Hindu. Yes, there is widespread casteism esp in rural areas and Dalits are under-represented both politically and in the mainstream society. There have been attempts to mainstream them in society by making untouchability a crime and also removing the taboo in inter-caste marriage. But in India, a large part of marriages are arranged and they don't seek out alliances from other castes in general. But a lot of inter-caste marriages do happen and also there is govt incentives for that to encourage people.   

And so, yes, a Dalit woman president is a big step for India in being progressive. It is not an indication of why it is racist. By the count, USA is most sexist nation where they have never elected a woman president. We've had female presidents and PMs. Soon, there will be a new woman PM as well in the name of Momta Bannerjee as well.

On 10/31/2022 at 5:55 AM, Clarke said:

India could very well appoint a PM from minority community if the stars align, and there's umpteen minorities besides one particular religious group. There's just too many variables that go into a PM position in a multi party democracy with India's breadth. We've had multiple PMs who got the hot seat without even contesting the election and then being appointed via Rajya Sabha.

Actually, there is possibility.Infact I am all in for Mulim leader. Most Hindus will not have any issue  with a moderate Muslim leader. They are immediately chased away by libtards and Muslim fundamentalist themselves, Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan was forgotten and Jinnah is Quad e Azam.  Because Fundoos themselves know that a muslim like  Arif Mohhammed Khan can reform Islam in INdia which means a  irreversible damage to Islamic traditions like Talaq, loudspeaker Azaan,Burqa, public Preying, barkarid , halal and so on.

Fact is, Muslim community(Not just India, but globally) is yet to find a single leader like Mahatma Gandhi, Nehru and so on

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

No clearly he said it's an indication of inclusiveness of Indians because we are majority Hindu. Yes, there is widespread casteism esp in rural areas and Dalits are under-represented both politically and in the mainstream society. There have been attempts to mainstream them in society by making untouchability a crime and also removing the taboo in inter-caste marriage. But in India, a large part of marriages are arranged and they don't seek out alliances from other castes in general. But a lot of inter-caste marriages do happen and also there is govt incentives for that to encourage people.   

And so, yes, a Dalit woman president is a big step for India in being progressive. It is not an indication of why it is racist. By the count, USA is most sexist nation where they have never elected a woman president. We've had female presidents and PMs. Soon, there will be a new woman PM as well in the name of Momta Bannerjee as well.

Look if Indians are this discriminatory to other Indians how can they ever accept a non Indian, like how Sunak has been made Prime Minister of the UK and Varadkar being president of Ireland. Indians are more 'racist' than westerners. It is what it is. 

35 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Look if Indians are this discriminatory to other Indians how can they ever accept a non Indian, like how Sunak has been made Prime Minister of the UK and Varadkar being president of Ireland. Indians are more 'racist' than westerners. It is what it is. 

Again, there have been many Dalit and OBC leaders who are accepted in posts of power. Sunak is not a non-Brit for having been accepted as PM. He is a UK born and bred citizen. He is not an air-dropped leader like Sonia is. Caste discrimination has nothing to do with accepting leaders who are not in mainstream. Jag jivan Ram served as a Deputy PM in Morarji Desai Govt, was the Defense Minister as well. 

Edited by coffee_rules