Jump to content
Chakdephatte

ODI squad for Zimbabwe

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

Man please! When did I say we should look past him? Don't exaggerate. Time is not ripe for him, let him develop first.

 

See the post I was replying to. If he thinks Umran is better than Avesh, he is either blind or just a fanboy.

How would he develop?Bowlers playing in A tours,domestics doesn't always help infact lesser sides like Zim,WI also serve the same purpose

Don't exaggerate the term "develop".

Let me tell you ,he will always go for runs but in the meantime he will pick wickets that will result in an Indian win

Link to comment

1. Gill

2. Dhawan

3. Samson

4. Washington 

5. Hooda

6. Kishan 

7. Axar

8. Chahar / Avesh 

9. Kuldeep

10. Siraj

11. Prasidh 

 

.... Washington should not be made to bat below 5 as he isn't a slogger yet

.... They are grooming Hooda as Hardik's backup at 6 or 5 in ODIs and he should bat in that role.

 

Edited by express bowling
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

Man please! When did I say we should look past him? Don't exaggerate. Time is not ripe for him, let him develop first.

 

See the post I was replying to. If he thinks Umran is better than Avesh, he is either blind or just a fanboy.

Avesh is shite....a 135 trundling Giant . As if Umran was compared with Bumrah, Bhuvi or shami. He has been compared with a pathetic Avesh. Arshdeep is the best among younger ones if your concern is line and length and variation bowler and not Avesh. Umran any day wipe the floor with grunting Giant Avesh.

Link to comment

Too much hype for Umran from the fans just for sake of pace. I know he has got good pace but that's not everything. Actually pace at international level without any skill or control is nothing. He needs to develop himself a bit. At the moment, if you bring him at international level, he will try to bowl mid-140s to ensure he bowls with some control as there will be pressure on him that he may get carted away pretty easily and for plenty. Give the guy some time, when right time comes we will use him.

Edited by Majestic
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

How would he develop?Bowlers playing in A tours,domestics doesn't always help infact lesser sides like Zim,WI also serve the same purpose

Don't exaggerate the term "develop".

Let me tell you ,he will always go for runs but in the meantime he will pick wickets that will result in an Indian win

Indeed these are developmental tours...  Someone like Umran would have used this asA tour game.  Zim recently beat BD & even Pak so they are not at all that worse in fact better among all associate sides. 

Indian selectors are clueless on how to handle someone like Umran & along with ourbfansbthey don't know what an Express bowler brings to the Table.  Avesh has failed in this IPl &b hasn't done anything noteworthy to keep getting selected over Mohsin or Umran. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Majestic said:

Too much hype for Umran from the fans just for sake of pace. I know he has got good pace but that's not everything. Actually pace at international level without any skill or control is nothing. He needs to develop himself a bit. At the moment, if you bring him at international level, he will try to bowl mid-140s to ensure he bowls with some control as there will be pressure on him that he may get carted away pretty easily and for plenty. Give the guy some time, when right time comes we will use him.

Point is if you don't play him even v Zim & selecting mediocre talents like Avesh again & again who failed massively in IPl...  Then u are not using your resources properly. 

Haris Rauf Ferguson all used to play against weaker sides before playing at a higher level. 

Even Mohsin Khan should feel disappointed. 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

How did Bumrah develop? By playing domestic and IPL. By the time he played for India, he was India ready. 

 

Unlike Umprotocois totally a potential pick.

You don't always folow a protocol,this pragamatism won't work all the time in shortwst of formats

Didn't say he must be given all the chances in tests and odis for India going forward

He can be an handy alternative in Australia,even if he's raw

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Indeed these are developmental tours...  Someone like Umran would have used this asA tour game.  Zim recently beat BD & even Pak so they are not at all that worse in fact better among all associate sides. 

Indian selectors are clueless on how to handle someone like Umran & along with ourbfansbthey don't know what an Express bowler brings to the Table. Avesh has failed in this IPl &b hasn't done anything noteworthy to keep getting selected over Mohsin or Umran. 

 

47 wickets at 24.8 and 18 wickets at 23.1 is fail?

Zimbabwe is associate nation?

Tells me enough about how seriously I should consider your posts. Atleast learn to use better excuses.

Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

You don't always folow a protocol,this pragamatism won't work all the time in shortwst of formats

Didn't say he must be given all the chances in tests and odis for India going forward

He can be an handy alternative in Australia,even if he's raw

No, he would be like Naseem Shah in his first tour to Australia.

 

Umran is not any sort of extraordinary talent. All he has is some extra pace which we don't know how long can be sustain that.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Majestic said:

No, he would be like Naseem Shah in his first tour to Australia.

 

Umran is not any sort of extraordinary talent. All he has is some extra pace which we don't know how long can be sustain that.

 

Both their situation was and wud be different

  • Naseem cud move the ball but test matches are a different beast, he lacked consistency with line , length or fitness . Noway he was going to find success in a test with those issues 
  • Umran cant move the ball but anyways old white ball doesn't move much, u need different tools for t20 as u need variation in line n length rather then consistency . Umran also lacks variation but his short ball attack ploy will work in australia . Umran will win u some games out rightly and loose u some as well . Do Dahari Talwar 

I think umran has enough to make tools to do well in Aus in t20 format but is he fitting in the combination with so many options avl for middle phase that is the end question

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

 

  • Umran cant move the ball but anyways old white ball doesn't move much, u need different tools for t20 as u need variation in line n length rather then consistency . Umran also lacks variation but his short ball attack ploy will work in australia . Umran will win u some games out rightly and loose u some as well . Do Dahari Talwar 

I think umran has enough to make tools to do well in Aus in t20 format but is he fitting in the combination with so many options avl for middle phase that is the end question.

 

Short ball ploy. I don't remember him doing it a lot except against hapless Rana. I know he can be useful, but there's an 'if'. His natural/stock length is little fuller than it should be. So naturally, he controls it better than Shortish/BOL bowls.

Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

No, he would be like Naseem Shah in his first tour to Australia.

 

Umran is not any sort of extraordinary talent. All he has is some extra pace which we don't know how long can be sustain that.

Umran can be uused int20s 

 

 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

Short ball ploy. I don't remember him doing it a lot except against hapless Rana. I know he can be useful, but there's an 'if'. His natural/stock length is little fuller than it should be. So naturally, he controls it better than Shortish/BOL bowls.

he did trouble Rohit also, the best against short ball . He had whole GT, KKR in problem......even MI . Kishen n pandya were in trouble n most batsman around the world are of that caliber in t20 

At that pace he ll trouble anyone if he gets it right with just that ploy. 

 

But yea with him its a big IF thats why no one is sure of him neither TM not Fans . He as a huge plus side but minus too . A batsman getting out on 0 doesnt harm team as much as a bowler giving 50+ runs in 4 overs . If we are getting good 5 bowlers his non selection shudnt be a debate but if we are making compromises in attack like taking prasidh, shami then dropping Umran is very debatable . As of now im very happy with this attack- Bhuvi, bumrah, harshal, arshdeep +1 jo bhi hoga

 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

47 wickets at 24.8 and 18 wickets at 23.1 is fail?

Zimbabwe is associate nation?

Tells me enough about how seriously I should consider your posts. Atleast learn to use better excuses.

Abe guru ghantal Zim is not on Test championship table... Played WT20 qualifier a week ago.. ..  You need to be up to date to make arguments.  How many wickets did Avesh pick in IPl compared to Umran this time? 

Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Abe guru ghantal Zim is not on Test championship table... Played WT20 qualifier a week ago.. ..  You need to be up to date to make arguments.  How many wickets did Avesh pick in IPl compared to Umran this time? 

 

3 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

 

47 wickets at 24.8 and 18 wickets at 23.1 is fail?

Zimbabwe is associate nation?

Tells me enough about how seriously I should consider your posts. Atleast learn to use better excuses.

 

Read carefully.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Majestic said:

Too much hype for Umran from the fans just for sake of pace. I know he has got good pace but that's not everything. Actually pace at international level without any skill or control is nothing. He needs to develop himself a bit. At the moment, if you bring him at international level, he will try to bowl mid-140s to ensure he bowls with some control as there will be pressure on him that he may get carted away pretty easily and for plenty. Give the guy some time, when right time comes we will use him.

I agree with this....but how come this trundling Giant Avesh keep getting chances. He has no pace , no line and length and complete shite at death.he is even preferred over Arshdeep.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...