Adani Group to acquire 29.18% stake in NDTV !!!

velu

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Adani has debt of 2 lac crore. His whole empire is standing on growth based on debt. He for sure will have to sell some equity. Adani Green is under serious debt.

It is not a question of absolute debt, it is a question of ratio.  % of total ownership. % of Sales. There is nothing wrong in being highly leveraged as long there is growth projection. Plus he has diversified to avoid any contagion.

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It is not a question of absolute debt, it is a question of ratio.  % of total ownership. % of Sales. There is nothing wrong in being highly leveraged as long there is growth projection. Plus he has diversified to avoid any contagion.

Adani green has a very high percentage of debt. 

https://energy.economictimes.indiatimes.com/amp/news/renewable/adani-greens-2021-per-cent-debt-equity-ratio-is-second-worst-in-asia/93764672#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16620277973645&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Edited by rkt.india

33 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Adani green yes. But thats a very small chunk of Adani enterprise. Renewable sector is by nature over leveraged and at risk. Tesla was on verge of default 5-6 years back.

4 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Laanat hai!! Pakoda face loan-king Billionaire :facepalm:

Mundra port.jpg

Are these all the same article from diff newspapers to make it look like it happened multiple times? If he was involved in smuggling why did it get caught? Is he like Baazigar? Haarke jeetne wala? 

8 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

It was probably mentioned in different news media.....it's not just one haul...the point is these are the ones that got caught.....lots of stuff escapes. 

Point is....off late it's been happening more at Adani owned port.....Do you thing Adani is a very clean businessman? It is a shame that poor & middle class pay so much tax, no relief for them & this leech Adani gets big waivers from Modi.

The difference between some of you Modi worshipers & me is...I will always support injustice to the poor class.....you guys will turn a blind eye & be in 'Awe' of how rich Adani has become....sigh 

I don't know anything about Adani - other than that he is a business man. I can't write a character certificate for him. But I don't understand the hate just because he is rich. If you know he has done something wrong - let's have it. I guess toads like Kejriwal should be corrupt as he is a politician then. His former mentor himself seems to think so.

Any point of entry into a country is bound to have issues with contraband. Don't know how it is because of him particularly. 

What does being a Modi worshipper have to do with any of this news? You remind of that footballer guy in Ace Ventura. You see Modi in everything! 

13 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

It was probably mentioned in different news media.....it's not just one haul...the point is these are the ones that got caught.....lots of stuff escapes. 

Point is....off late it's been happening more at Adani owned port.....Do you thing Adani is a very clean businessman? It is a shame that poor & middle class pay so much tax, no relief for them & this leech Adani gets big waivers from Modi.

The difference between some of you Modi worshipers & me is...I will always support injustice to the poor class.....you guys will turn a blind eye & be in 'Awe' of how rich Adani has become....sigh 

The articles all say either the weight of the cocaine caught or its value and they are the same :)

6 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

This is an interesting read up.....It is good to know the facts...which the Godi media will never discuss.

From the website post;

https://qr.ae/pvgPr4

Lets take Gautam Adani. It is a crystal clear fact based on RTIs that as on date he owes a total of US$ 61 Billion or Rs. 4.67 Trillion to various banks and bond holders.

Lets look at his assets - Right now Adanis assets minus his shareholdings is only Rs. 18300 Crores at the most which is around 3.3% of what he owes.

In Any other country - Adani would be forbidden from bidding for any project, acquiring any other company - until he got this 3.3% figure to the acceptable 8% (USA) or 12% (Switzerland).

For comparison - Jeff Bezos - 10.4%, Mark Zuckerberg - 7.7%, Bill Gates - 14.8%, Jack Ma- 9.3%, Tata Group - 15.7% - each of them have more than 2–5 times of what Gautam Adani has.

This means in any other developed country - Gautam Adani would have been required to reduce his debt by 55% or increase his assets minus shareholding by 220% to be able to compete, acquire or bid. Other Businessmen in India who are in Adanis shoes are under ED/CBI Investigation or forced to pay up the loans etc.

Kishore Biyani - 2.85%, Vijay Mallya - 3.15%, Naresh Goyal - 4.30% - are all broken completely.

Even if people say - Adani is in construction business - Average Construction Companies have the figure of Assets minus Shareholding to debt being around 10% (Sembawang Construction).

In China - to bid for a project of more than $ 100 million - you need a A-S/Debt ratio to be around 10% (Same in Singapore). So if Adani was in Singapore - he would not have received a single project whatsoever.

** Why Assets minus Shareholdings is used and not All Assets including shareholdings is because - Shareholdings are an uncertain figure depending on market speculations. Any Normal business should have at least 8% of their debt in the form of total assets minus shareholding.

Yes - Kanthaswamy B on quora - the well known Commie supporter who spouts statistics with no basis. Where are these stats published? 8% for US and 12% for Switzerland? And he quotes China as the model to follow for bidding on projects :D 

I guess he doesn't read the news lately on the defaults various builders are facing and the debt crisis there. 

41 minutes ago, bharathh said:

84% of statistics are made up. I bet you didn't know that. 

You are arguing with someone who doesn’t understand capitalism. Why are banks still lending to countries whose debts are bloating everyday? Sustainability of business/economy is key in raising capital.  

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You are arguing with someone who doesn’t understand capitalism. Why are banks still lending to countries whose debts are bloating everyday? Sustainability of business/economy is key in raising capital.  

To be fair I don't think he understands much - other than which bottle to open.

18 hours ago, Clarke said:

So Adani is the Indian Heisenberg now ? I really don't fancy hearing "say my name" from this guy :frown:

Adani's rise in the last 8 years has been extraordinary.  From 7 billion dollars of networth in 2014 to 140 billion dollars in 2022. 

Edited by rkt.india

3 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Bottle toh open karna banta hai bhai......there is a reason for that :wp3:

Almighty has been very kind on me.......Successful business, nice big primary residence fully paid off, income from rental investment properties, nice cars to drive, great neighborhood full of people from Punjab who are also doing well....most importantly a beautiful loving wife whom I am happily married to & we have two adorable kids. 

I like to celebrate to that :martini_shaken: 

Cheers and best wishes to you and your family. Long may it continue.

I'm glad you are good at your day job as you suck as a debater and political analyst. 

14 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Advani's rise in the last 8 years has been extraordinary.  From 7 billion dollars of networth in 2014 to 140 billion dollars in 2022. 

What would be a good metric to look at is the EPS growth in those 7 years ? If the trajectory is the same then the growth in net worth is understandable.