Pakistan or India?

sandeep

Pakistan or India?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which home T20I Series Victory is more impressive - Pak beating England, or Ind beating Aus? And why?

• Pakistan beating England at home
    • India beating Australia at home
    • Both are meaningless, these are just practice games ahead of the T20 WC

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Many have pointed out that greenbro hasn't won the series yet - makes it all the more obvious that I don't follow T20 series that closely....

Like me you also assumed Pak won it. Cause that's expected. Ind Pak smashing Eng Aus Nz at home. 

Reverse is also true. And T20 is a fickle format. So yeah nothing to read from these series. And Ind ream does have many problems, makes me feel happy that I don't follow loi other than WC and fast bowling.

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

banjo ki farq pendaa hai, these t20 bilateral games and series can go for a 'toss' as far as I'm concerned.  

Tbh, the intent of this thread was to attempt a shift to discussing the cricket instead of the slide towards ****-slinging in the series thread....

Both are for WC preparations, I think toss is crucial in T20s especially in the sub-continent . First T20 is more or less our fate in Aus when we lose the toss. 

Pakistans getting a lot out of the series. They are putting their bench strength to the test here. They got a guage on Shan Masood as well if Babar and Rizwan are not to  make big scores in a couple games they have back up in the form of Shan Masood. 

Shaheen, shadab and Naseem which are their top bowlers aren't playing in the series.

19 minutes ago, sandeep said:

banjo ki farq pendaa hai, these t20 bilateral games and series can go for a 'toss' as far as I'm concerned.  

Tbh, the intent of this thread was to attempt a shift to discussing the cricket instead of the slide towards ****-slinging in the series thread....

Thats so honorable..how do I nominate you for the ICF Peace awards? 

11 minutes ago, sillypoint12 said:

Pakistans getting a lot out of the series. They are putting their bench strength to the test here. They got a guage on Shan Masood as well if Babar and Rizwan are not to  make big scores in a couple games they have back up in the form of Shan Masood. 

Shaheen, shadab and Naseem which are their top bowlers aren't playing in the series.

Naseem played in 1st match & bowled rubbish 0-41 in 4 over

6 hours ago, the don said:

India had a pretty much full strength team available while Pakistan are missing some key players too.

India:

Bumrah didnt play in first match..and coming after injury.and so is Harshal...Arshdeep is resting..who I favor more than Harshal\Bhuvi..Rahul not in full form yet after injury..

in short..with Bumrah\Arshdeep..Aus wudnt have chased the 1st match total..

Bumrah still went for 50 in the last match..but I wud still back him to do good job in death overs as compared to Bhuvi \ Harshal..

Rohit,Kohli,Sky,Pandya--showig good form..Axar in bowling too--lot of positives

Aus:

warner/starc/stoinis-- mising but Green did more than a good job for them in batting and bowling..so I feel they were still a complete side..Starc-- Indians cud hv hit more on him..Tim David..even though new..I was expecting him to do well against Ind bowling..Wade enjoyed batting against these guys too

To summarize Aus was more complete side on paper..but India did well..ofc toss helps..

Pak vs Eng

Iff Shaheen will be back there will be question marks on his fitness.and form.other players still played for Pakexcept Shadab..Fakar not in form anyways..

Shadab is good but english side only played wood once..no butler..livingstone..chris jordan not there too..he didnt bowl well here in pSL but was in good form recently..

better than Curran and olly stone in current form and experience

To summarize..Pak was more balanced\stronger side as compared to England on paper but Pak is still not able to get upper hand yet..toss is lesser factor here

Edited by Need4Speed
15 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Aus is the stronger T20 side, especially in Asia and was closer to full strength than Eng. 

Also, most of Aussies play IPL frequently and are a lot more familiar with Indian conditions than what English are with Pakistani. 

PS: Pak haven't won the series yet.

Aus missing their backbone for batting: Warner, Marsh, and Stoinis.

Bowling, missing Starc only. 

Eng missing Butler, Liam and Stokes (Bairstow is injured not in WC).
Bowling, missing Wood. 

Players missing from Pak first 11 due to injuries are Shaheen, Shadab, Fakhar, and Naseem. 

Pakistan is experimenting with a number of players and it will be crucial for young lads to get exposure against a solid Eegland team before world cup.

While India is playing their best Xl and will likely continue the same against SA and to world cup. Win against Australia will likely make things harder as India is not the same team as it is in bi-lateral the moment they are competing in major tournaments. Positive for India is Kohli getting his form back and someone reliable like Dinesh Kartik getting a chance over gully cricketer like Rushab Pant

13 hours ago, sillypoint12 said:

Yup, biggest test has been prep for scenario where Shaheen remains unfit. All fast bowlers rotating to determine whose ready. Dahani who is in WC reserves got 3 games. Hasnain is getting some time out but highly doubt he plays ahead of Naseem or Wasim Jr.

Naseem was best pacer from Pak in Asia cup based on perf and stats (15 SR, 7.7 Econ), and Wasim Jr has done very well lately. 
Usman Qadir has shown across 4 games he’s not ready. May do better in Qaddafi than NSK, which is a graveyard for spinners. 

Current pace pecking order based on perf/quality:

Shaheen

Haris Rauf

Wasim Jr / Naseem

Hasnain

Dahani 

Edited by Sharjah-Harjah
5 minutes ago, ImranKhanGreatest said:

Pakistan is experimenting with a number of players and it will be crucial for young lads to get exposure against a solid Eegland team before world cup.

While India is playing their best Xl and will likely continue the same against SA and to world cup. Win against Australia will likely make things harder as India is not the same team as it is in bi-lateral the moment they are competing in major tournaments. Positive for India is Kohli getting his form back and someone reliable like Dinesh Kartik getting a chance over gully cricketer like Rushab Pant

Axar, replacement for Jadeja doing well. Will India play both? 

14 minutes ago, Sharjah-Harjah said:

what about Axar batting 

Jadeja is better batsman, but Axar can use handle very well (an area where Jaddu struggles a bit).

Same dilemma we have with Deepak C and Bhuvi...Bhuvi is more experienced but Deepak C is a powerful striker with the bat.

Axar and Deepak Chahar at no 7/8 give us much needed depth in batting, but that means Bhuvi won't be in playing XI (assuming Bumrah, Arshdeep and Chahal are 9-11).

India still has no answers for Left Arm Fast bowlers.

Australia strategically brought Sams instead of Starc as they know Starc with his pace is useless in Indian conditions but lethal in AUS. 

Once they bring Mitch Marsh instead of Steve Smith and Starc they will be tough to beat with so many awesome hitters.

Shaheen will be dangerous first 2-3 overs against Rahul, Rohit, Kohli and SKY this is a fact. We have fast left arm bowling problem with no solution or practice.

Our bowling when Bumrah and Chahal both fail is atrocious. We all know it but chest thump for some reason.

Pak bowling is great and with Nawaz bowling and batting well and same with Shadab they can make way for another batsman or bowler like Shaheen. 

We have no one like this other than Pandya. If we had someone like Hasaranga who can bat and bowl spin well, we would have had a stronger setup. Chahal, Bhuvi, Bumrah, Arshdeep etc. Just cannot bat like Hasaranga or Shadab, Nawaz