Pakistan or India?

sandeep

Pakistan or India?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which home T20I Series Victory is more impressive - Pak beating England, or Ind beating Aus? And why?

• Pakistan beating England at home
    • India beating Australia at home
    • Both are meaningless, these are just practice games ahead of the T20 WC

We just saw the 2 teams play home T20 series and come out 'winners'.   Which series win 'carries more weight'? Which one would you say is a more accurate indicator of current team's form and ability to execute in the T20 format? I'm not going to bring up quality because tbh I do not believe that T20 is a good indicator of a cricket team's quality.  

Edit:   Make sure your 'arguments' and 'banter' sticks to cricket and only cricket.  Keep your keyboard warrior silliness out of this thread.

Edited by sandeep

Only takeaway from the 2 series is how much of a lottery T20 is and you can’t judge a players quality or cricket quality based on lottery format.

it’s like watching a Masala film. Leave your brains at home and enjoy the ride. Sometimes you get a great Masala movie, many times  you get a substandard low quality product.

the gulf in quality between most teams good-mediocre is so thin that any team can beat any team on their day. Sounds like a cliche but it is more possible in T20.

Neither. Both England and Australia were in big time experiment mode Australia added more happy headaches to the selection. Cameron Green huge plus. What did India gain? Axar bowling in power play is probably the best gain we have had. This gives Rohit so many options in death overs.

What did we learn?  Bumrah bad needs more match practice, Bhuvi shouldn't be bowling death overs again, Harshal is predictable. Chahal is good on turning tracks.  These are already predictable stuff. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Neither. Both England and Australia were in big time experiment mode Australia added more happy headaches to the selection. Cameron Green huge plus. What did India gain? Axar bowling in power play is probably the best gain we have had. This gives Rohit so many options in death overs.

What did we learn?  Bumrah bad needs more match practice, Bhuvi shouldn't be bowling death overs again, Harshal is predictable. Chahal is good on turning tracks.  These are already predictable stuff. 

Needed to see Ashwin more.

Since Pak is playing 7 games, maybe the Ind v SA series can be thrown into the mix too (which would give Ind 6 games) 

Anyways, this comparison shows the build up of Ind v Pak game at the World Cup (as fans have found reasons to compare Ind v Pak even in these series) … Oct 23 should be exciting (let it also decide this) 

Edited by zen

I'd say this playing practice series ,winning series for confidence boost etc also doesn't matter much. You have to play better on that day with some luck of course.

We were winning all bilaterals, beat both Aus and Eng last year in warm up games easily and then in real matches we know what happened.

Edited by Number
1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Aus first T20 series defeat since WT20...  They were close to full strength. 

Poyzz are struggling vs England C...  I think both India Pak are even stevens as of now. 

India has a higher ceiling and should sort out some issues in bowling. 

India had a pretty much full strength team available while Pakistan are missing some key players too.

39 minutes ago, Number said:

I'd say this playing practice series ,winning series for confidence boost etc also doesn't matter much. You have to play better on that day with some luck of course.

We were winning all bilaterals, beat both Aus and Eng last year in warm up games easily and then in real matches we know what happened.

I think this is a lot better "preparation" for the T20 WC that the Indian team has had this time around as opposed to earlier editions.  The good part is that we've been able to confirm the improvements in batting tactics, and a bigger spotlight has been shining on the bowling problems.  Now its up to the team to respond.  Too often in the past Indian teams go into WC either overcooked or undercooked.  This time around, lack of preparation, or format switching etc, is not going to be an excuse that's available.  

Just now, coffee_rules said:

Self-ban kardo nalaayak :hmpf:

banjo ki farq pendaa hai, these t20 bilateral games and series can go for a 'toss' as far as I'm concerned.  

Tbh, the intent of this thread was to attempt a shift to discussing the cricket instead of the slide towards ****-slinging in the series thread....