15 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Looking at their economy rates in all formats, I can completely understand why selectors have not selected either Kuldeep or Umran. If Kuldeep is not a finished product by now, he will never be a finished a product.

No domestic cricket creates finished product. They will only become finished product once they a lot of high competitive cricket. Bumrah wasn't a finished product when he made his India debut nor Shami.  These guys need good experience international mentors who can guide them. For these two guys, it's all about being patient and not try too much. Kuldeep is an aggressive bowler and at times tries too much and loses his radar but he bowls menacing stuff when he hits the right areas.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Looking at their economy rates in all formats, I can completely understand why selectors have not selected either Kuldeep or Umran. If Kuldeep is not a finished product by now, he will never be a finished a product.

Make sense, hence keep selecting finished products like harshal, bhuvi Kumar, Mukesh Kumar or any other Kumar we may have bowling 75mph.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

I understand what you are trying to say..but I dont trust our pitches..I dont trust fileding and batting quality at our domestic level..also dont trust field placements and strategies..these young pacers..so stats are not a good parameter for me..

The selectors who are actually sitting there..watching them perform..should see how much potential a candidate has..and estimate how much he can improve once he comes in the mix..

I saw in highlights Kuldeep bowling to leg sides some times and getting scored..but what he brings to the table is pace and bounce..even movement..that is.venom..you will find some good stuff with Umran too..even Tyagi..Mohsin and co..

At international level our so called finished products like Bhuvi Harshal etc go for plenty anyways..now they are going to Australia and I dont consider them bankable..even with whatever experience skill they have..this is their peak and that i snot enough for me..

However,if TM grooms Sens,Umrans and develop them further..they will be even more lethal and and economy rate should improve too..

From highlights..

I noticed Umran has bowled some maiden overs too..with good bouncers and yorkers..as mentioned by other ICFers

I also noticed..the pace bowlers were trying extra to get wkts and in the result could ball some hittable bowl when trying extra hard..

I also noticed..Mukesh Kumar was also hit for 3 fours in 1 over by Saurashtra lower order batsmen...

may be Mukesh Kumar is good..but when he is under international level agression..his economy rate wont remain the same..he also doesnt bring any batting too in the table..what more he adds extraa to Bhuvi,Harshal,Chahar or even Arshdeep..

I will be happy if Mukesh Kumar proves  me wrong but but that seems less likely..

whereas the Sens and Umrans are great potential..

and I am talking about opportunity in this dead ODI series and not any crucial match..

Edited by Need4Speed
5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No domestic cricket creates finished product. They will only become finished product once they a lot of high competitive cricket. Bumrah wasn't a finished product when he made his India debut nor Shami.  These guys need good experience international mentors who can guide them. For these two guys, it's all about being patient and not try too much. Kuldeep is an aggressive bowler and at times tries too much and loses his radar but he bowls menacing stuff when he hits the right areas.

India has IPL too  which is played annually and that should polish some of the rough edges. If guy like Kuldeep cannot consistently find place in IPL team by 26 then how will he find place in Indian team. Umran is WIP everyone including himself knows it.

The biggest mistake made by the selectors and TM is not playing atleast one or two WIPs every match since last world t20.Bumrah had nearly 100 FC wickets too before he made his test debut.

Would you take either of them as replacement for Bumrah and play them in playing XI against Pakistan. 

3 hours ago, speed_thrills said:

Make sense, hence keep selecting finished products like harshal, bhuvi Kumar, Mukesh Kumar or any other Kumar we may have bowling 75mph.

Where did I say, you have to select Harshal  and other trundlers. Just because Kuldeep and Umran are not ready , it does not mean they should not select other fast bowlers.

12 minutes ago, putrevus said:

India has IPL too  which is played annually and that should polish some of the rough edges. If guy like Kuldeep cannot consistently find place in IPL team by 26 then how will he find place in Indian team. Umran is WIP everyone including himself knows it.

The biggest mistake made by the selectors and TM is not playing atleast one or two WIPs every match since last world t20.Bumrah had nearly 100 FC wickets too before he made his test debut.

Would you take either of them as replacement for Bumrah and play them in playing XI against Pakistan. 

Kuldeep Sen is a late bloomer.  Did not hear about him at U19 level.

Happens sometimes. I would have been happier if he were 22 instead of 25.

But he has a few great qualities

90 mph pace

Steep bounce

6'2" height

Moves the ball at pace

Good yorker

He dismissed in form Pujara twice with 2 snorters 

Nowadays, pacers often bowl quick till 34 or 35, especially the late bloomers,  and even if he matures by 26 or 27, he will have a good 8 or 9 years at good pace.

I will take it.

Edited by express bowling
9 hours ago, express bowling said:

90 mph pace

Steep bounce

6'2" height

Moves the ball at pace

Good yorker

Nowadays, pacers often bowl quick till 34 or 35, especially the late bloomers,  and even if he matures by 26 or 27, he will have a good 8 or 9 years at good pace.

I will take it.

Additionally even if he plays for India for only 5 years..but does very well..then he will inspire more such bowlers..that in itself will be great service to the nation..to inspire more of pacy and bouncy bowlers..

btw Mukesh Kumar is 29 yrs old too

Edited by Need4Speed

90 mph pace

Steep bounce

6'2" height

Moves the ball at pace

Good yorker

I will take it.

Sen is a fit guy too. Works a lot on his fitness and wants to ball even faster. Right attitude for a fast bowler. 

90 mph pace

Steep bounce

6'2" height

Moves the ball at pace

Good yorker

I will take it.

I first caught him when he was 21 playing u23 for MP and I immediately knew that this guy needed more attention but because he didn't play u19 for India he did not get that kinda limelight likes of Akash Singh got despite being inferior. Took him a few years to get into IPL.