Syed Mushtaq Ali trophy 2022

Mosher

50 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Maza nhi aaya SMAT mei..does anyone see any promising players this time..very disappointed with Prithvi Shaw in last few important matches..should hv gone up one level to put trenendous oressure on selectors..

as expected, he went one level below instead. boy has not only technical issues but temperament ones too

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I hope Shaw does not turn into that Unmukt Chand 2.0. That fellow thought he arrived after winning under 19-world cup .

he himself will be blamed..if he is not able to up his game..earlier I was thinking about TM etc but the way he couldnt apply himself in the recent matches in SMAT..he disappointed me..

1 hour ago, Need4Speed said:

he himself will be blamed..if he is not able to up his game..earlier I was thinking about TM etc but the way he couldnt apply himself in the recent matches in SMAT..he disappointed me..

37@181

not bad

4 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Early stages he did well but we know tge quality of bowlers or teams..

he should hv made it count closer to tge finals..if he wants to play for India

34 off 21 in semis in a 160 chase.

Every game can't be successful.

14 hours ago, Lord said:

34 off 21 in semis in a 160 chase.

Every game can't be successful.

I saw last couple of matches..he didnt look convincing at all many times..easy fodder for international bowlers..

I was excited to watch those matches and rooting for him but even Sakariya was troubling him..I was expecting him to prove a point to the selectors but feltvdisappointed..

I was expecting more command from international quality batsman..

Edited by Need4Speed
3 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Looks like there is no communication between the domestic teams and India team selectors- No special talent, no Finisher, no Power hitter, no Keeper batter, no mystery bowler

Also batters lacks innovation(-no reverse or ramp shots ) and power. bowler lacks pace

You should have seen the finale between HP and Mumbai...specially the death overs, nothing but a pure comedy.
Batters were mis-hitting, fielders were dropping catches, bowlers were giving fulltoss and wide length deliveries. No innovation from batters, no yorkers from bowlers. 
Such was the standard of 2 teams playing in the final.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Need4Speed said:

Maza nhi aaya SMAT mei..does anyone see any promising players this time..very disappointed with Prithvi Shaw in last few important matches..should hv gone up one level to put trenendous oressure on selectors..

it could be a lack of motivation for not getting a look in into the Indian team. He shared some IG status update after the odi squad announcement before the wc i think. 

Guy has proved himself at this level, his issues are other things which are quite fixable. 

13 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

it could be a lack of motivation for not getting a look in into the Indian team. He shared some IG status update after the odi squad announcement before the wc i think. 

Guy has proved himself at this level, his issues are other things which are quite fixable. 

I agree but he has to keep scoring and put pressure on selectors..thats what in his hands..he has to perform extremely well in ipl and not get out after quick starts only

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bowls in late 120's to early 130's..short like Shardul Thakur minus batting ability. Looks a bit over weight as well.
Bowling wise nothing much to write, had a bit of success with Delhi Capitals bowling alongside Rabada and Nortje. But not good enough.

He was quick a few years back, genuine 140kph bowler, now average at best

21 minutes ago, Sharma_Senior_IT_Support said:

What good has this trophy done for our iCC world cup? We cant even take 1 wicket in SEMI FINAL

what did IPL do for T20s? our only World T20 title in 2007 came prior to IPL. instead, SMT at least contributed T20 stalwarts like yusuf pathan to the T20 WC in 2006.

On 11/8/2022 at 7:23 AM, putrevus said:

I hope Shaw does not turn into that Unmukt Chand 2.0.

They need to give that guy Manjot Kalra a chance - I thought he was much better than Shaw and a left hander as well.

Yeah I know he was accused of fudging age - but get over it. Enough punishment for the young chap. Like no one in cricket has fudged age before. Even Smith and Warner got just 1 year for what happened in SA. Kohli was there defending Smith but no one wants to give Manjot a second chance.

1 hour ago, AKane said:

They need to give that guy Manjot Kalra a chance - I thought he was much better than Shaw and a left hander as well.

Yeah I know he was accused of fudging age - but get over it. Enough punishment for the young chap. Like no one in cricket has fudged age before. Even Smith and Warner got just 1 year for what happened in SA. Kohli was there defending Smith but no one wants to give Manjot a second chance.

he hasn't even played domestics as far as I know, let alone making it to senior squad