BCCI Fires the Selectors… Breaking News!

asterix

10 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Yes, I was hopeful and replacements were worse in the chances they got. We need to move on from them from now, they had 3 or 4 tournaments to prove  . If new players can bring in the change in attitude like English after 2015, it’s good for India.

You wasted your own time … Posting wrong stuff during the World Cup (and trying to argue with those saying the right things) … Fans like you are a part of the problem 

Edited by zen
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Jay Shah as BCCI head is a crime that nobody in India or even this forum dares to speak up against.  Wonder why that is.

Jay shah atleast worked with GCA for long time. If you see how a DD news reader was BCCI secretary for longtime is still laughable.

Edited by gattaca
16 minutes ago, sandeep said:

whats there to 'school'? how and why is he heading BCCI? That by definition is corrupt.

Hate?  Not the right word.  Disgust more like it.  Do you not share my desire to see India iterate and evolve towards a meritocracy? Or is it just dandy to have the laadla betaa lisp his way through an Indian team announcement? 

what exactly btw, do you think my views on "Shah-Modi" are?  

Secretary is not the head, Prez is, like Binny now and Ganguly earlier. Secs give out press statements and policy decisions. 

Ok corruption in thought and ethics, not in terms of monetary terms. Yes, Totally against any nepo kid, be it BCCI or Bollywood. 

You have mentioned earlier that Modi-Shah are bad not only for India , even for Gujarat. So his kid in a BCCI post irks you more. 

7 minutes ago, zen said:

You wasted your own time … Posting wrong stuff during the World Cup (and trying to fight those saying the right things) … Fans like you are a part of the problem 

What ? I am responsible for India’s problems? :cry1: You and other anti-India fans wanted change before a WC, which is unprecedented. Now, it’s time for change. 

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Secretary is not the head, Prez is, like Binny now and Ganguly earlier. Secs give out press statements and policy decisions. 

Ok corruption in thought and ethics, not in terms of monetary terms. Yes, Totally against any nepo kid, be it BCCI or Bollywood. 

You have mentioned earlier that Modi-Shah are bad not only for India , even for Gujarat. So his kid in a BCCI post irks you more. 

I am less bothered about who is in charge, more about execution and delivery. 

And yes, I have much higher expectations on execution and delivery in terms of national policy, infrastructure, economy, manufacturing etc for India.   To paraphrase Deng - I don't care if the cat is BJP, AAP, Kaangress, or wtf, want it to catch mice.  

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

What ? I am responsible for India’s problems? :cry1: You and other anti-India fans wanted change before a WC, which is unprecedented. Now, it’s time for change. 

You are wrong as you keep assuming things. Time for fake fans like you to retire from commenting on cricket as well!

15 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You can ignore me. Don’t tell me to back Pant, Iyer , Samson and Ishan two months before a WC when they have not shown any promise to replace top3. 

There is a difference b/w true fans and fanboys. If you want to talk about accountability, it should be applicable to fans too esp. if they are usually wrong. 

Today, you (By you I mean the fanboys) are only writing against the timid openers for e.g.  as you are forced to write as the tide has turned big time (was on the cards anyways). 

Since laggards (and India is full of it) usually only change after the situation becomes more than obvious … The problem does not end here as next you are more likely to stand up for a pattern or trend that is going to be bad for India, and would write against things that are likely to work for India.

Remember many of these so called fans were writing against England too and feeling happy when England failed because there favorite players did tuk tuk. 

Most Indian fans are equally corrupted. They are part of the same system and therefore the problem. 

44 minutes ago, zen said:

There is a difference b/w true fans and fanboys. If you want to talk about accountability, it should be applicable to fans too esp. if they are usually wrong. 

Today, you (By you I mean the fanboys) are only writing against the timid openers for e.g.  as you are forced to write as the tide has turned big time (was on the cards anyways). 

Since laggards (and India is full of it) usually only change after the situation becomes more than obvious … The problem does not end here as next you are more likely to stand up for a pattern or trend that is going to be bad for India, and would write against things that are likely to work for India.

You are reading too much into some game of lottery. I am an Indian team fan, I don’t support or get excited about English cricket as much as Indian team. Let’s see how the new crop does in this litter before you go hung-ho about them. 

Just now, coffee_rules said:

You are reading too much into some game of lottery. I am an Indian team fan, I don’t support or get excited about English cricket as much as Indian team. Let’s see how the new crop does in this litter before you go hung-ho about them. 

Another false assumption about it being a game of lottery. 

The next gen will be more competitive than the losers that many losers in India support! 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I don't see a change. They are still stuck with that gujara who is averaging 27 in the last 3 years. His test strike rate is 34 lol I mean this guy allowed bowlers to come to form with his ultra tuk tuk. He should have been kicked out right after Rahane was kicked out. Kohli should also be dropped. He is averaging like 30 in the last 3 years.