Kashmir Files movie called "vulgar" and Propaganda in IFFI film festival

Lone Wolf

22 hours ago, Vilander said:

It’s an opinion. The other jurors should have challenged it as a personal opinion. No point being timid then and speak now. 

but still it’s just an opinion, even if coming from the jury. Also the minister in charge should be accountable for this. 

Who are the other jurors? Where aree their soundbytes? After all this guy presented his opinion as the unanimous opinion of the jurors. 

4 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Who are the other jurors? Where aree their soundbytes? After all this guy presented his opinion as the unanimous opinion of the jurors. 

One of the guys a bengali sounding name made some noise after the fact to the press that it's an individual opinion. If I was one of the jurors I would have got up stage and said to the punks face it's his opinion and we don't have information to confirm either or that's it propaganda. And it's malicious to pass on individual opinion as jury's decision. *s either they were scarred shitless or born clue less. *s.

7 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Hopefully he works on his screenplay & pacing...  It will be a hit so his budget should be a bit more...  Stream it on Prime video or Netflix to spread it to Foreign audience as well.  IB ministry can helo out with that. 

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hopefully he works on his screenplay & pacing...  It will be a hit so his budget should be a bit more...  Stream it on Prime video or Netflix to spread it to Foreign audience as well.  IB ministry can helo out with that. 

Netflix and Amazon wont buy it

and for the Israeli Lavda...:finger:

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Netflix and Amazon wont buy it

and for the Israeli Lavda...:finger:

They are media outlets in the end...  If Netflix can stream Fauda this won't be a issue...  Especially if Hype is there. 

RRR has to credit lot of its success due to Netflix...  Imagine KF reaching even half of that audience in the west...  It will be huge. 

That's Where IB ministry needs to do its hob for once. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

They are media outlets in the end...  If Netflix can stream Fauda this won't be a issue...  Especially if Hype is there. 

RRR has to credit lot of its success due to Netflix...  Imagine KF reaching even half of that audience in the west...  It will be huge. 

That's Where IB ministry needs to do its hob for once. 

There's the sizeable support for Israel in the US & some western nations, Netflix's primary market. Kashmir just doesn't ring a bell in comparison. 

Although it is worth a try, no harm in that. Sure, worst case netflix will come out with a public statement calling it propaganda like this guy did and the battle lines will be clearer.

I think the reason I became more and more disinterested in films is because I realized that most artists are insecure bhaands with low IQ. The exception is exceptional. Most pare just third grade idiots. And it’s funny because once you know this about the artists you can’t take their work seriously anymore. 

10 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I think the reason I became more and more disinterested in films is because I realized that most artists are insecure bhaands with low IQ. The exception is exceptional. Most pare just third grade idiots. And it’s funny because once you know this about the artists you can’t take their work seriously anymore. 

"We all thought that the movie used a series of manipulation, vulgar, violence because it was supposed to transmit a message that can cause hostility, violence and hate in the environment," he added.

"But at the same time, whatever I said and I said clearly that for me and my fellow jury members, it was and it is a vulgar propaganda movie that didn't have a place and was inappropriate for such a prestigious competitive section. I can repeat it again and again," he added.

Quite an apology. Nice.

No amount of criticism hides the fact that Kashmiri Pundits living over there for centuries were a victim of genocide. I wish Modi was the PM at that time and none of this nonsense would have ever happened to the Pandits.