“We want to live, but not with a begging bowl” Pakistan PM Shehbaz Sharif amid economic crisis

rangeelaraja

1 hour ago, Number said:

Does anyone notice that there isn't a squeak of protest despite such massive price hikes in last 6 months or so. 

Do most Pakistanis have some hidden sources of income or what ?

Protests are there in POK especially they were saying let us go we will be under india.  Pak punjab has lot of hidden sources of income. 

13 hours ago, Number said:

Do most Pakistanis have some hidden sources of income or what ?

There's a huge informal hawala means of wire transfers where pakistani's abroad send back remittences back home. This doesn't go through the Pakistani government and is largely untracked money. I imagine quite a lot of people would be sending $$$ through this way back home.

8 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

There's a huge informal hawala means of wire transfers where pakistani's abroad send back remittences back home. This doesn't go through the Pakistani government and is largely untracked money. I imagine quite a lot of people would be sending $$$ through this way back home.

Yeah, in fact I talked to a few people living there through youtube and other SM sites they all said malls, highways, markets the activities are like business as usual.

Edited by Number

2 hours ago, Number said:

Yeah, in fact I talked to a few people living there through youtube and other SM sites they all said malls, highways, markets the activities are like business as usual.

The rich in Pakistan live in their own bubble. They know they've got enough foreign money / relatives etc to let them tide over these crisis. They don't really give a **** about the poor in Pakistan. The gap between rich and poor in India is very concerning but no where close to the disaster level gap between the rich and poor in Pakistan.

You've had 1billion USD worth of foreign vehicles imported to Pakistan over the last year while Pakistan really doesn't have enough spending ability to make sure the vast majority of people get basics. I mean food , water , shelter. This is like the then queen of france , Marie Antoniette , expecting the poor to eat cake when she was told that they didn't have bread. 

Next you've got the politicians like Shahbaz Shariff and Billo Rani wanting to go to a trip to Earthquake hit Turkey to do some brownie points gathering. I mean kaha se aate hai ye log. Do they have functioning brain cells ? I'm not a fan of Indian politics and politicians but Pakistan really takes the cake. And then you've got the army pulling the strings over there. High time Pakistan is made to default. It's for the general populace's greater good. I've read articles stating that one of the reasons that more pakistani's aren't on the streets is that people need resources to protest which they don't really have at the moment. 

On 2/9/2023 at 1:08 PM, bsriharsha said:

The rich in Pakistan live in their own bubble. They know they've got enough foreign money / relatives etc to let them tide over these crisis. They don't really give a **** about the poor in Pakistan. The gap between rich and poor in India is very concerning but no where close to the disaster level gap between the rich and poor in Pakistan.

You've had 1billion USD worth of foreign vehicles imported to Pakistan over the last year while Pakistan really doesn't have enough spending ability to make sure the vast majority of people get basics. I mean food , water , shelter. This is like the then queen of france , Marie Antoniette , expecting the poor to eat cake when she was told that they didn't have bread. 

Next you've got the politicians like Shahbaz Shariff and Billo Rani wanting to go to a trip to Earthquake hit Turkey to do some brownie points gathering. I mean kaha se aate hai ye log. Do they have functioning brain cells ? I'm not a fan of Indian politics and politicians but Pakistan really takes the cake. And then you've got the army pulling the strings over there. High time Pakistan is made to default. It's for the general populace's greater good. I've read articles stating that one of the reasons that more pakistani's aren't on the streets is that people need resources to protest which they don't really have at the moment. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.firstpost.com/world/watch-bankrupt-pakistan-queue-at-tim-hortons-outlet-pays-record-high-for-coffee-12146142.html/amp

Just further reiterates my point. Who cares there's no atta , Hum to Tim Hortons mein sandwiches khayenge.