England's absence robs World Test Championship final of 'Bazball' buzz

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

even if it fails in 2 countries and works in 7-8 others, that is a good strategy. before bazball, eng was doing very poorly both home & away even with nearly same personnel - which is what people seem to ignore

Agreed. I still think 3 or 4 0 vs india away and possibly 3 or 4-1 vs Oz away.

At home it will be competitive 

Assuming india picks correct selections we can win 3-2 or draw. If we don't we lose 3-2. 

Same with Oz except I reckon they will beat bazzball this time. Just a feeling. They will be hurting from india series loss. They may possibly smash us in England though.

For all the talk of Test cricket being the pinnacle of sport and for all its virtues of being it played with Temperament, biding your time, showing patience etc, these English players are playing it as a form of extended T20 cricket for 5 days. Had it been any other team playing this brand of cricket the English press and crowd would have cried blasphemy.  Never seen a more intellectually dishonest bunch( English press and the English crowd). And these same people have the gall to look down on T20 cricket. Anything is fine as long as we are winning.

11 hours ago, Vijy said:

even if it fails in 2 countries and works in 7-8 others, that is a good strategy. before bazball, eng was doing very poorly both home & away even with nearly same personnel - which is what people seem to ignore

No no i agree its very effective they will probably dominate india in their home, but i am looking forward to good old style ass wooping in aus and india for the english would be lot of fun to see the melt down after in the english media :cantstop:

6 hours ago, speedracer said:

Agreed. I still think 3 or 4 0 vs india away and possibly 3 or 4-1 vs Oz away.

At home it will be competitive 

Assuming india picks correct selections we can win 3-2 or draw. If we don't we lose 3-2. 

Same with Oz except I reckon they will beat bazzball this time. Just a feeling. They will be hurting from india series loss. They may possibly smash us in England though.

I expect bazball to work better vs aus at home than vs ind at home.

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

No no i agree its very effective they will probably dominate india in their home, but i am looking forward to good old style ass wooping in aus and india for the english would be lot of fun to see the melt down after in the english media :cantstop:

Eng media is sickening, I agree

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

I want India to beat ENgland in England. If only we have team management with motive and drive and ofcourse fit Pant we have a chance

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

I want India to beat ENgland in England. If only we have team management with motive and drive and ofcourse fit Pant we have a chance

with Bazball, it is unlikely. We drew 2-2 against an Eng that still didn't get its act together except for the final test. and we had Pant in that team, now we will (at best) have a ~70% pant

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

with Bazball, it is unlikely. We drew 2-2 against an Eng that still didn't get its act together except for the final test. and we had Pant in that team, now we will (at best) have a ~70% pant

We actually scored faster than them. Bumrah's ineffective captaincy tanked us. Not to mention we had a load of non performers up the order. Probably Rohit's presence would have helped a bit.

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

We actually scored faster than them. Bumrah's ineffective captaincy tanked us. Not to mention we had a load of non performers up the order. Probably Rohit's presence would have helped a bit.

Eng is stronger than it was in the last test when they were just finding their feet in bazball - harry brook, for instance, has grown tremendously and Ben Duckett has reentered the scene. I would expect 3-1 defeat for india

People can interpret the implementation of "Bazball" differently.  

It is about having a positive mindset and being less reflective, while staying in the moment. It is about getting the best out of the pitch as a batting unit. So if a pitch has an average score of 400, get more than that by playing positive cricket. If the average score is 200, get more than 200 by playing positive cricket. 

If other teams go at 2 runs per over on a tough surface, Bazball Eng can go at 2.5 or 3. 

What many interpret Bazball as something where a batsman plays in one way no matter how the pitch behaves, aiming for run a ball cricket. 

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

Eng is stronger than it was in the last test when they were just finding their feet in bazball - harry brook, for instance, has grown tremendously and Ben Duckett has reentered the scene. I would expect 3-1 defeat for india

India has to reassemble the pace line up.. Load the side with inform players. England's main advantage is they have a couple of guys sharing 1000 wickets between them. Somebody has to take them on.

12 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Our bigger void is lack for 3 decent top order batsmen who are in form. 

Exactly. India is a severely handicapped side on that front.  It is a miracle that we are likely to make the TC final 2nd time in a row with this goddawful top order. Imagine having an inform batting line up to complement this bowling line up. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Exactly. India is a severely handicapped side on that front.  It is a miracle that we are likely to make the TC final 2nd time in a row with this goddawful top order. Imagine having an inform batting line up to complement this bowling line up. 

And therefore as much we relish this Aussie mauling at home, we are likely to get rolled over in the finals yet again - unless we miraculously find 3 inform top order batters. 

A one off test in a place like England - can be a bit of a lottery. You may be put into bat on a cloudy day and have to take the field when the sun is beating down heavily. 

55 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

And therefore as much we relish this Aussie mauling at home, we are likely to get rolled over in the finals yet again - unless we miraculously find 3 inform top order batters. 

A one off test in a place like England - can be a bit of a lottery. You may be put into bat on a cloudy day and have to take the field when the sun is beating down heavily. 

yes, getting rolled out on a greener-than-usual (oval is not green) pitch seems likely to me

2 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Team selection is extremely important.  Being it is Oval and the recent scars they received at the hands of 2 spinners  india might be tempted to play both of them. Let us see.  Also Australia would rather prefer facing seamers there