Supporters of Amritpal Singh take over a police station in Amritsar

randomGuy

15 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Weren't the Sikh gurus punished for chicanary by the authorities of their time .They also practiced child marriage ,they won't be treated any better if they were around today.

You are  one helluva delusional guy child marriage was a common practice back in the day...  In the North west People used to cut the hair of young girls due to fear of invaders.  Sh*t was very much real.  Until the formation of Sikh kingdom & final non Muslim dynasty  to control the Khyber.  Then whole north India took a sigh of relief. 

Can't compare eras that too medieval to modern this is hundreds of years ago too. 

Current babas would very much prefer to convert than go through with the ordeal. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

42 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Many survived that era.The gurus themselves were landowners and had a retinue of men around them .In any case I don't understand how child marriage would save them from trouble.

Child marriage ain't cool ,specially for gurus,got to maintain some standards.

Lol who survived...  Entire Kashmir mostly got converted into Islam during the Afghan era.  Take into account North West as well.  Child marriage is a different problem which is prevalent among many cultures Indian + Foreign for thousands of years.  

Also Marathas were kicked out flying by Abdali + Rohillas outta North India with their dreams crushed of controlling land up to Peshawar.  

It was all doom & gloom until Ranjit Singh came.  And surviving Kashmiri Pandits rushed to him to protect them & bring the region under Sikh rule.  Historical fact.  Not a single Afghan incursion as Khyber was reclaimed after probably a thousand years by a non Muslim ruler. 

Don't know why our Marxist History books keep the good parts out? :smash:

Edited by Lone Wolf

14 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

There are enough hindus even now in North india and gangetic plains which was the heartlands of islamic rule.

Sikh empire hardly lasted ,it was pumped up by the British to clean out the Islamic influence and once that was done they took them out .I have seen Sikhs who are still mad over it , screaming over their Kohinoorr lol.

Oh come on!!!   Hindus used to pay jiziya during the Mughal rule.  However barring aurangzeb reign mass scale conversions didn't happen we know that.  However Hindus were strict second class citizens in the empire and lived a miserable life.  Sultanate rule is thought to be much better.  Timur wrote that in his book too. 

British obviously the biggest fish...  They could take out strongest of Indian empires in any era. 

Entire North West,  Punjab, Himachal,  Kashmir under Dogras,  The Rajput Kingdoms Nepali Gurkhas allied with British against Mughal + Maratha confederacy in 1857.  Imagine the game being played by British. South India was anyways in their pocket.   You seriously can't hope to last against a clever foe than that. 

They used exact reverse team + Dogras against Sikhs in Anglo Sikh wars. 

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Since when does calling Bhakt a religious abuse...  People following likes of Asaram Bapu & Ram Rahim type frauds have been called Andh Bhakt by whole world & nobody finds it offensive lmao

In the same vein, I do accept there is no offense caused to anybody calling anyone a Khalistani, if they fit the bill. Why call out one and not the other ? The double standards of @Khota was being called out. I don’t get offended if anyone calls me anything. It should be a FoE or all or none.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

In the same vein, I do accept there is no offense caused to anybody calling anyone a Khalistani, if they fit the bill. Why call out one and not the other ? The double standards of @Khota was being called out. I don’t get offended if anyone calls me anything. It should be a FoE or all or none.

Nope Khalistan is a banned terror organization in India.  You can't just call someone who doesn't agrees with you a terrorist.  Khalisitan is not a religious group but a terror organization or activity.  Being a Indian I would naturally take offense when someone calls me a terrorist or a Terror sympathizer.  So @Khota has every right to get offended.  It's as similar as calling someone from Sangh a terrorist or Hindu terror or extremist which is uncalled for. 

Similarly one above poster said something very in appropriate about Gurus in thread even though I am not a Sikh but found it distasteful.  I didn't call him names or something bad coz we can't judge someone like that. 

1 hour ago, Under_Score said:

Appreciate your knowledge about history, the fact remains that since Guru Nanak who was born Hindu but founded Sikhism, his ideology was not accepted by a small community in Hindus since it directly contradicted with their belief & practices.....the maligning ill-will continues to this day, it is vice-versa. No entire community was/is/can be perfect. Since me being a non-religious person, I don't get involved in religious discussions. 

I am no expert in Sikh beliefs...  Never read Guru Granth Sahib...  Not interested either but yeah don't get they see some bad apples & attack entire community or place or heck entire state. 

Punjab still remains one of the safest places in India for minorities or Hindus or everyone & that says something.  

People comparing it with Paxtan need to touch some grass ideally. 

Bengal UP Bihar Delhi Rajasthan are burning with communal violence meanwhile.  

This Amritpal got caught & no protests happened.  Nobody cared enough in the end.  Overseas ISI paid extremists are not worth considering. 

31 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nope Khalistan is a banned terror organization in India.  You can't just call someone who doesn't agrees with you a terrorist.  Khalisitan is not a religious group but a terror organization or activity.  Being a Indian I would naturally take offense when someone calls me a terrorist or a Terror sympathizer.  So @Khota has every right to get offended.  It's as similar as calling someone from Sangh a terrorist or Hindu terror or extremist which is uncalled for. 

Similarly one above poster said something very in appropriate about Gurus in thread even though I am not a Sikh but found it distasteful.  I didn't call him names or something bad coz we can't judge someone like that. 

FoE is either absolute or not. You can’t be selective. Calling someone a bhakt derogatively should also be allowed. There are a lot here that Khalistani sympathizers and call IG and RAGA ;older one) as terrorists 

On 4/29/2023 at 6:29 PM, coffee_rules said:

Him calling or mocking anybody who doesn’t like his opinion or the inane videos he posts , as Andh Bhakts,  is ok for you? It is a religious rebuke. I don’t care but calling everyone a bhakt just because you don’t like your opinion is fine for you? 

If someone agrees with every position of any party then bot or bhakat is OK. I don't see him asking for Khalistan anywhere. Maybe 10 people asked for Khalistan and if you dig deep they all have visa problem and are trying to get an asylum.

There is a difference of opinion but there is no need or demand for khalistan.

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I have no double standard. I am more against people calling for Khalistan than you are.

Man, what will it take to clear Punjab of this mess. We are *ing losing a generation. I am lost for words. So so heartbreaking.

Twitter Link

The menace started in last 2000s when Akalis were ruling. There were several reports of many of their top leaders being part of rackets. Congress ruled for 5 years, nothing changed. AAP has been there for more than a year but don't think it is going to change soon. :((

Edited by Number

40 minutes ago, Number said:

Man, what will it take to clear Punjab of this mess. We are *ing losing a generation. I am lost for words. So so heartbreaking.

Twitter Link

The menace started in last 2000s when Akalis were ruling. There were several reports of many of their top leaders being part of rackets. Congress ruled for 5 years, nothing changed. AAP has been there for more than a year but don't think it is going to change soon. :((

i see India going in  deep shyte soon. India is getting relatively richer then Pakistan and Afghanistan.  They both will potentially become Asian Mexico and Columbia in next 10 years. Refer Netflix series Narcos. Both Punjab and Kashmir will be effed simply because they are on border

21 hours ago, mishra said:

i see India going in  deep shyte soon. India is getting relatively richer then Pakistan and Afghanistan.  They both will potentially become Asian Mexico and Columbia in next 10 years. Refer Netflix series Narcos. Both Punjab and Kashmir will be effed simply because they are on border

Indeed. Afghanistan Pakistan region will become Syria like cluster #### where groups fighting each other. I hope someone in Indian think tank has gamed this. 

21 hours ago, mishra said:

Paxtan is too big & crucial for West to fail at least economically.   Paxtan got loan of forgiveness from G20 and also new loans from AIIB where we are the 2nd largest shareholder after China. It will continue to exist just to Trap India in South Asia unless India itself takes matters into its own hands or systematically works to break it openly or secretly.  Without pumping money into Afghans or sizeable deals with Iran vis a vis Balochs it ain't possible. 

So we are looking at extremely long game with these f***s.  

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Tu koun? Mai Khamokha!

Stating facts Coffee bhai...  He many times crosses the line but I have to call him out so he doesn't normalizes the bullsh*t he spews from time to time in some threads. 

I can't say silent when someone says bad about my country or people.  That's not how I am wired.  He has some personal beef with some community he can keep it to himself. 

Opinions are welcome but he unilaterally passes judgements which is not on...