Tamil Nadu Politics heating up

ravishingravi

TN politics seems to breaking away from the traditional DMK vs AIDMK battleground. Seems like Annamallai is pitching himself as the alternative to Karunanidhi scion Stalin. He has today released an audio tape of TN finance minister PTR, who I wasnt found of initially. But over last couple of months, I found this guy to be rather honest or even forthright. In latest leaked tape, he has embarrassed his party chief. Let's see what happens. 

Savukku initially released it.

Annamalai caught onto it.

Re the duopoly, we need to see as with eps getting the symbol his hand has been strengthened 

More than annamalai the key question is will devars ditch the admk for the bjp in delta and south. Will the bjp be able to stitch an alliance of devars dkv and nadars in the south.

Admk will do well in kongu regions is a forgone conclusion. 

1 hour ago, ravishingravi said:

Few states are not gutter of caste politics. TN is no exception. Maybe not the next election. But the one after, I see third alternative emerging. 

It will take at least one generation for this to change. However, seeing the current generation I don't forsee anything positive.

4 minutes ago, bharathh said:

It will take at least one generation for this to change. However, seeing the current generation I don't forsee anything positive.

Its true. I think the alternative will emerge out of anti incumbency and lack of options. 70% of the TN population is less than 30 years. Perhaps they may not have the patience. 

I hope UP develops under Yogi to its logical conclusion so that these racists are left with only Bangladeshis and Rohingyas to carry their economy. If not for the Freight equalisation policy, these chuttads would be living in the same sub Saharan conditions they like to make fun of with regard to Biharis

This weekend was in Chennai for a wedding. Was shocked seeing how many non-tamil ppl were in the serving/cleaning staff of the wedding hall. Even in Shollinganallur where I was staying almost half the shops had non-tamil workers. Though born and brought up in Chennai I have never ever seen so many non-tamil speaking people working. 

When I enquired about this I was told that locals don't want to work menial jobs anymore and are happy living off freebies. Pretty sad state of affairs. Last month when I went to Kodai, almost the entire region was full of converts. The task is almost 100% complete in some areas of TN. Lots of small temples at street corners that were previously Pilayar (Ganesha) or Amman temples have all been converted into churches with a cross on top of the gopuram. It is surreal seeing people praying at these places as they would at a Hindu temple with camphor and coconut breaking etc. TN is a cesspool of periyarist scum atm. They have hijacked all discussions still blaming ppl that are hardly even existent anymore. 

4 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Tamil Nadu survives on handouts of National taxpayers?

If anything TN gets less than what it contributes to taxes. States like UP, Bihar get more than what they generate.

If majority are considered backward, they get handouts from Govt in terms reservations in jobs, bank loans etc.

Majority communities getting into OBC is a standard model in India, btw. Marathas in MH, Jaats in Haryana, Patidars in Gujarat, Vokkaligas and Lingayats in Kar, all want to be OBCs in whatever 2B, 3A , 4Z , falana category. Ambedkar has given them a cash crop to reap and sow for centuries. 

BTW, when will you fix the embedding tweet problem? I can pay for it or try to fix myself! 

Edited by coffee_rules

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

This weekend was in Chennai for a wedding. Was shocked seeing how many non-tamil ppl were in the serving/cleaning staff of the wedding hall. Even in Shollinganallur where I was staying almost half the shops had non-tamil workers. Though born and brought up in Chennai I have never ever seen so many non-tamil speaking people working. 

When I enquired about this I was told that locals don't want to work menial jobs anymore and are happy living off freebies. Pretty sad state of affairs. Last month when I went to Kodai, almost the entire region was full of converts. The task is almost 100% complete in some areas of TN. Lots of small temples at street corners that were previously Pilayar (Ganesha) or Amman temples have all been converted into churches with a cross on top of the gopuram. It is surreal seeing people praying at these places as they would at a Hindu temple with camphor and coconut breaking etc. TN is a cesspool of periyarist scum atm. They have hijacked all discussions still blaming ppl that are hardly even existent anymore. 

Well I dare say, EVR did as good a job as CCP did without mass killing. Truly remarkable brainwashing. It will take years to clean the mess. But my sense is that things can reverse quickly in TN. People are basically dharmic and god fearing. Even the so called atheists. 

BJP needs to keep hammering next 5 years. This will crack like north east has. Like Karnataka. And to some extent Bengal. 

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

In general menial job is mostly taken up by Biharis & Bengalis in Karnataka too..  Probably it indicates the availability of jobs rather than handouts I believe. 

Conversion was rampant in TN and with DMK at helm of affairs, its not going to slow down in the next few years... Creating a ruckus like what Annamalai is doing is the only way to bring TN politics into mainstream news and create awareness among the Dharmics remaining in TN

2 minutes ago, diga said:

In general menial job is mostly taken up by Biharis & Bengalis in Karnataka too..  Probably it indicates the availability of jobs rather than handouts I believe. 

Conversion was rampant in TN and with DMK at helm of affairs, its not going to slow down in the next few years... Creating a ruckus like what Annamalai is doing is the only way to bring TN politics into mainstream news and create awareness among the Dharmics remaining in TN

Not really. There are plenty of unemployed "youths" sitting on street corners scowling at ppl and itching for a fight. They don't take long to appear at disagreements between motorists on the road.

They are not interested in doing menial labor. This is anecdotal as well. I don't have data to support what I saw and heard from others.

However, as I said earlier, this visit was an eye-opener for me. I haven't been to Chennai since pre-Covid. Earlier till 2019, I used to go to Chennai once in a few weeks for work. Never seen this kind of demographic working at shops, restaurants, marriage halls, etc. A lot of ppl did not understand Tamil at all - which was very unexpected. Earlier without Tamil you couldn't get by in Chennai. Now there are many that don't even speak it in many areas as they are from other parts of India. 

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Well I dare say, EVR did as good a job as CCP did without mass killing. Truly remarkable brainwashing. It will take years to clean the mess. But my sense is that things can reverse quickly in TN. People are basically dharmic and god fearing. Even the so called atheists. 

BJP needs to keep hammering next 5 years. This will crack like north east has. Like Karnataka. And to some extent Bengal. 

Bad analogy to compare success in  Karnataka to WB and others . In KA, it was organic and already had the support base in karavaLi and  in Bengaluru city. Also in 80s , we had an alternative to Congress in Janata Party headed by the good man RK Hegde. He sowed what BJP reaped later on to show as alternative to Congress. JP had a lot of infighting with the Gowda family and JDS chose to be spoilsport between two alternatives Congress and BJP which they are doing till date. BJP never had to strive hard like they do in TN, Kerala or WB.

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

If majority are considered backward, they get handouts from Govt in terms reservations in jobs, bank loans etc.

Majority communities getting into OBC is a standard model in India, btw. Marathas in MH, Jaats in Haryana, Patidars in Gujarat, Vokkaligas and Lingayats in Kar, all want to be OBCs in whatever 2B, 3A , 4Z , falana category. Ambedkar has given them a cash crop to reap and sow for centuries. 

BTW, when will you fix the embedding tweet problem? I can pay for it or try to fix myself! 

It explains that many people in Tamil Nadu are living on handouts of taxpayers of Tamil Nadu.

It still doesn't explain how Tamil Nadu is surviving on handouts of National taxpayers when states less than it generates.

I saw some posters embedding tweets, so thought it is working now. Will check it this week.

4 hours ago, bharathh said:

Not really. There are plenty of unemployed "youths" sitting on street corners scowling at ppl and itching for a fight. They don't take long to appear at disagreements between motorists on the road.

They are not interested in doing menial labor. This is anecdotal as well. I don't have data to support what I saw and heard from others.

However, as I said earlier, this visit was an eye-opener for me. I haven't been to Chennai since pre-Covid. Earlier till 2019, I used to go to Chennai once in a few weeks for work. Never seen this kind of demographic working at shops, restaurants, marriage halls, etc. A lot of ppl did not understand Tamil at all - which was very unexpected. Earlier without Tamil you couldn't get by in Chennai. Now there are many that don't even speak it in many areas as they are from other parts of India. 

it is natural for a top 10-15 City of India... Mumbai, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Surat, Pune are also examples Hindi is widely spoken...the same should be the case with Chennai. Chennai was possibly the final bastion among top 10 cities, good to know that Hindi is becoming common there.

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Bad analogy to compare success in  Karnataka to WB and others . In KA, it was organic and already had the support base in karavaLi and  in Bengaluru city. Also in 80s , we had an alternative to Congress in Janata Party headed by the good man RK Hegde. He sowed what BJP reaped later on to show as alternative to Congress. JP had a lot of infighting with the Gowda family and JDS chose to be spoilsport between two alternatives Congress and BJP which they are doing till date. BJP never had to strive hard like they do in TN, Kerala or WB.

IMO the best CM Karnataka had in my memory was SM Krishna. Yes there was corruption - but nothing that wasn't already happening already during Bangarappa's reign (IMO most disastrous reign that created this pathetic mafia of govt agencies). The city moved forward amazingly well.