54th Match: MI vs RCB, Wankhede

Laaloo

1 hour ago, Laaloo said:

Pretty much a virtual knockout for both teams.

Not a virtual knockout as some of the other teams have taken a step back. The loser (in the 8 wins scenario) will need to win the remaining 3 games, while the winner will need to win 2 of 3. 

Edited by zen

Rohit has become a cameo or nothing man.  He has gotten old. Even in his prime he didn't exactly reel out centuries in the IPL.  Now he hardly gets a start. WEhen he gets a start he hardly converts. Kohli on the other hand frequently gets tied up by spinners. Both don't belong to this format. Playing in IPL is fine as they have brand value. Their international career should be ended by themselves or selectors. Atleast Kohli did some magic against Pakistan in recent times. Can't remember when Rohit put up a memorable  T20 performance. 

Among the younger brigade Kishan is way too inconsistent. He doesn't find a way to stay consistent and also aggressive.  Power to SKY. He has been entertaining in the last few matches.  RCB should seriously consider dropping DK. His keeping is pathetic. He hardly stays there long enough.    

The one that wins jumps to no.3 spot.

The one that loses joins PBKS, SRH and DC down the table.

GT and CSK mostly qualified. I feel LSG because of that one extra point will grab the 4th spot while the 3rd spot will go to any of RCB, MI, KKR, RR or PK. 

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

The one that wins jumps to no.3 spot.

The one that loses joins PBKS, SRH and DC down the table.

GT and CSK mostly qualified. I feel LSG because of that one extra point will grab the 4th spot while the 3rd spot will go to any of RCB, MI, KKR, RR or PK. 

SRH still realistically not out of it...  I have a feeling once they get to play in Eden Wankhede or Mohali they can bulldoze teams if their powerful middle order clicks.