Virat Kohli's total net worth ₹1050 crores claims report: 8.9cr per Instagram post, 175cr from brand endorsements

23 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

He'd trade a good bit of that networth for one piece of silverware during his captaincy tenure if he could me thinks. he long sinc crossed the point where money matters to him, it's all about the legacy now.

I don't think he cares much about legacy, as long as he is the bilateral King

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

I don't think he cares much about legacy, as long as he is the bilateral King

I think it does. Seeing other top players perform bothers him. He just can't accept his flaws. He badly wants to win with us but body isn't allowing ir. More like skills. He needs to be replaced but india won't touch cash cow. 

56 minutes ago, wazza said:

I think it does. Seeing other top players perform bothers him. He just can't accept his flaws. He badly wants to win with us but body isn't allowing ir. More like skills. He needs to be replaced but india won't touch cash cow. 

no, he keeps grinning like a chimp regardless of whether we win or lose. I don't think it is some "deep" coping mechanism - just that he does not care

53 minutes ago, wazza said:

Old habits are tough to change, he hasn't added some key shots in his repotire like Sweep and Cut. Any player whose career stretch for 15+ years they have to keep themselves updated with the improvement in their arsenal.

Anyway 2023 ODI WC is his last hurrah, I don't see him playing an active role in 2027 ODI WC tbh...as new gen will take over. Though I am sure Kohli will be the last amongst seniors to retire though, even KLR might retire before him.

5 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Old habits are tough to change, he hasn't added some key shots in his repotire like Sweep and Cut. Any player whose career stretch for 15+ years they have to keep themselves updated with the improvement in their arsenal.

Anyway 2023 ODI WC is his last hurrah, I don't see him playing an active role in 2027 ODI WC tbh...as new gen will take over. Though I am sure Kohli will be the last amongst seniors to retire though, even KLR might retire before him.

he will be around for 2025 WTC, 2024 WT20, 2027 ODI WC, 2026 WT20, etc.. can't get rid of the Brat

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

no, he keeps grinning like a chimp regardless of whether we win or lose. I don't think it is some "deep" coping mechanism - just that he does not care

Maybe. Technically he has won the world cup and chmpions trophy. Been number 1 in tests for 5 years. He is missing the wtc mace though and t20 title.last chance in this odi wc. We will definitely pick him even though he isn't in form. More deserving players won't get chances as senior culture is pervasive in our society.

Edited by wazza
2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

He enjoy cult status amongst teenage kids...they're the ones who are ready to spend hours on SM proving how he is best batter ever in the world. That too for free.

they want to be him. insanely rich with hot(tish) wife, despite having moderately high ability

Edited by Vijy
13 hours ago, Vijy said:

they will never let go. and neither will selectors, because some of the money made by these bigwigs will indirectly flow back to them (not as crude bribes, perhaps, but there will be some spinoff effects)

I dont blame Kohli, not a single poster in here would retire regardless of form, if they were earning this amount of money by being in the team. I wouldnt.

I blame the BCCI for selecting him and others in the squad. Rahane back in means Kohli is going to be there even longer than what I ever imagined.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

he will be around for 2025 WTC, 2024 WT20, 2027 ODI WC, 2026 WT20, etc.. can't get rid of the Brat

Its middle of 2023, he has at least a years worth of consistent failures before even the thought of him being dropped will be raised.

2027 ODI WC is definitely a possibility.

3 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I dont blame Kohli, not a single poster in here would retire regardless of form, if they were earning this amount of money by being in the team. I wouldnt.

I blame the BCCI for selecting him and others in the squad. Rahane back in means Kohli is going to be there even longer than what I ever imagined.

I probably wouldn't either... why should one if the system has no accountability.