World cup 2023 preparation

IF everyone is fit, this is the team I think strikes a balance between being realistic (i.e. what will actually play) and being hopeful (i.e., having some players I would genuinely like to see)

1. Rohit: declining force in ODIs, but won't be discarded.

2. Flashy Gill: ODIs and flat tracks suit him well

3. Kohli: declining force, but can still score 50s and 100s against weaker teams

4. Iyer: spin expert, who can also buckle down and consolidate

5. Kela (wk): I really wish we could discard him, but TM back him too much (my choice would be samson, since kishan is not suited for MO)

6. Pandu: need him to be at full fitness to bowl. his batting is declining fast

7. Jaddu: TM back him too much despite mediocre record (my choice is axar (faster scoring bat) or sundar (has good ODI record))

8. Thakur/Axar: bowling ARs, but I would rather have axar or sundar

9. bumrah: our strike bowler, assuming he's back to full fitness

10. kuldeep yadav: I am hoping TM will select him in place of chahal.

11. siraj: our best ODI pacer of last 2 years

Edited by Vijy

Ideal 11 as of now:

Rohit (C)

Gill

Kohli

S Iyer

KL (WK)

H Pandya

R Jadeja

S Thakur

K Yadav

M Shami

J Bumrah

Rest of Squad:

Kishan (WK)

Samson (WK)

Axar

M Siraj

Final batting spot in squad is between SKY and Samson.

3rd Spinner is between Axar and Y Chahal. Ashwin won't get picked, Sundar has been picked for Asian Games.

I don't see us even making to semis if they keep betting on kl and half fit Iyer or even undercooked bumrah. Ishan kishan is only useful if he opens. Rohit and Virat could take this team across line when at peak, how are they expected to carry us towards the end of career.

So let's look at it again. We don't have middle order. We don't know who will keep. We don't know who will open bowling which could be hardik for all we know.  Only  spinners look good rest all is in question and we are expecting to win world Cup.

India needs a  major shake up. In normal situation an inform Indian batting would destroy attacks at home. Not this line up. 2011 was very different. Between 2011 and 2023 so many IPL has gone by. Batsmen are very much used to INdian conditions bowlers. Klassen > better than most of the Indians against spin. Same way Devon Conway bats against spin like he was born and brought up in India.

17 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

India needs a  major shake up. In normal situation an inform Indian batting would destroy attacks at home. Not this line up. 2011 was very different. Between 2011 and 2023 so many IPL has gone by. Batsmen are very much used to INdian conditions bowlers. Klassen > better than most of the Indians against spin. Same way Devon Conway bats against spin like he was born and brought up in India.

conway, root, shakeel, etc. are far better players of spin than Indians despite being from outside Ind

Best team to win the world cup but won't get picked

Jaiswal easy slot in

Gaikwad/sudarashan

Gill

Tilak varma

Kishan

Samson

Pandya

Sundar

Axar/kuldeep yadav

Siraj

Bumrah/ prasidh

Deadly combo. 

No need for kohli. No need for washed up fatro.

Cmon son.

They are past it. Well past sell date. Enough If enough.

You can't make and old dog learnnew tricks. 

Team I expect because of kohli fatro and trundler fans; this is what I expect.

Rohit   fatro

Gill  good

Kohli  dear lord

Kela if not injured

Iyer   good vs spin

Kishuuu

Bandya chapri

Jadeja

Chahal

Bumrah or siraj

If bumrah is injured then thakur

The core of team

Rohit

Virat

Jadeja

Ashwin

Bumrah

Good support by

Shami

Pandya

They will play most of the games.

Rahul

Gill

Perfomance will be crucial.

How team management utilise 

Kishan

Iyer

Surya

Kuldeep

Siraj

Shardul

Would be the key

Edited by tweaker

Will the team management gamble on the selection of Bumrah,Rahul,Iyer who have been injured for such a long duration and select them in the world cup squad.Or they will persist with Surya,Samson,Mukesh who have been with the squad in their absence.

Kishan has done well in Windies series He as a left handed wk batsman solves lots of problem if he opens the inning.

Samson and Surya can form a good middle order in the absence of Rahul and Iyer.Gill cant play in the middle orders,so the squad can be

Rohit

Kishan

Virat

Samson

Pandya

Surya

Jadeja

Ashwin

Kuldeep

Shami

Siraj