Indian test squad for WI announced

I mean Pujara dropped at age 35+ ...... why can't people realize that whatever he was before, the skillset has diminished with age?

Disappointing that people like Gavaskar keep plugging people who are 35+ .... I mean they have had their chance let others get a chance now. Sunny himself got a chance at 22.

Edited by AKane
On 6/25/2023 at 12:05 AM, express bowling said:

Mukesh Kumar is in all 3 squads (  Tests, ODIs and T20Is ) without playing a single game for India. 

This must be some sort of a record.

Plus he is a short medium pacer, who lacks natural bounce, and is almost 30 years old. 

Plus he averaged 46+ in this IPL with just 7 wickets from 10 matches, with ER of 10.5  ....  Averages 37 in List A    (  so why is he in the white ball squads ? )

There must be some scam going on. 

He will.probably pick some wickets against a very weak WI batting lineup, and " justify " his selection, only to ffcuk us against better teams. 

Most probably nets bowler ... 

12 hours ago, AKane said:

I mean Pujara dropped at age 35+ ...... why can't people realize that whatever he was before, the skillset has diminished with age?

Disappointing that people like Gavaskar keep plugging people who are 35+ .... I mean they have had their chance let others get a chance now. Sunny himself got a chance at 22.

I think all these ex players who have retired ages ago get a cut of the earnings present xi members get from brand endorsements to endorse them in return and other favours

There is no other reason

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

And 33 year olds kaul and baltej are also there.

They both are domestic stalwarts, typical line length gentle pace wale trundlers.

Our domestic batters fall to these line length trundlers so easily...which screws our overall selection pipeline.

Few years ago there was another trundler named Anureet Singh who used to play for Railways and pick truckloads of wicket.

In IPL he was barely touching 130's and was smashed all around by the overseas batters.

9 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

He isn't.

You are confusing him with Himanshu Rana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No !   

From BCCI.tv 

North Zone: Mandeep Singh (Captain), Prashant Chopra, Dhruv Shorey, Manan Vohra, Prabhsimran Singh (wicketkeeper), Ankit Kumar, AS Kalsi, Harshit Rana, Abid Mushtaq, Jayant Yadav, Pulkit Narang, Nishant Sandhu, Sidharth Kaul, Vaibhav Arora, Baltej Singh. 

Edited by express bowling
22 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

They both are domestic stalwarts, typical line length gentle pace wale trundlers.

Our domestic batters fall to these line length trundlers so easily...which screws our overall selection pipeline.

Few years ago there was another trundler named Anureet Singh who used to play for Railways and pick truckloads of wicket.

In IPL he was barely touching 130's and was smashed all around by the overseas batters.

If you leave too much grass on the wicket this can happen. In the winter in India ie during the cricket season there is a lot of juice early in the morning to exploit which rewards Sandeep Sharma style bowling more than the enforcer style bowling we want to see and will need in most test matches. It's why Dinda and Vinay Kumar had such good records for a long time. I remember a Ranji match where Vinay Kumar dismissed M Vijay plumb in his first over after Vijay scored runs and did well in 2 overseas tours around 2014. 

Edited by rollingstoned

Mukesh, Unadkat and Saini whats the point of picking them and dropping Sharma and Yadav.

Even against WI if Ind cannot introduce newer player then where will they give chances to younger players.

Whats the theory behind Mukesh, is he something really special ??? 

Edited by tapandrun