Pakistan tour of Sri Lanka (Tests) 2023

14 minutes ago, Mesky99 said:

Mate Naseem is superior to our jokers like shardul, unadkat and co,the only test bowler we have after bumrah and co is Siraj 

Still a WIP. Needs to develop alot more. So far in sena naseem hasn't been good.

15 minutes ago, wazza said:

Still a WIP. Needs to develop alot more. So far in sena naseem hasn't been good.

Hasn't played in South Africa or England... 

He will enjoy bowling in SA like Afridi who could be devastating there. 

Naseem has improved heaps by the times we last saw him. 

Pakistani pitches are disgrace to fast bowling.  Those Roads are pathetic 

Why are we not producing test class spinners. Mushi is such a con artist. Ashwin is so much better than the Pakistani lot in the long format that its not even funny. Weirdly enough the limited overs spin depth is pretty solid with Usama Mir who i rate much higher than. chahal.

43 minutes ago, the don said:

Why are we not producing test class spinners. Mushi is such a con artist. Ashwin is so much better than the Pakistani lot in the long format that its not even funny. Weirdly enough the limited overs spin depth is pretty solid with Usama Mir who i rate much higher than. chahal.

Nawaz should be better than Noman Chacha anyday of the week. 

Pakistan is struggling to produce quality finger spinners who are crucial in Test cricket. 

Wrist spinners do lose control a lot & it is a risk to play them. 

58 minutes ago, the don said:

ashwin is better than any spinner Pak have produced in the 21st century, even the Cuckmal also known as Chuckmal or Ajmal.

13 hours ago, the don said:

Apart from Shaheen with the new ball, your pacers are average too in this format. 

PAK bowlers look better as the format gets shorter.

3 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Apart from Shaheen with the new ball, your pacers are average too in this format. 

Pak tours SA this cycle...  Their batters will fall like a deck of cards but their bowlers may do well on those pitches. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pak tours SA this cycle...  Their batters will fall like a deck of cards but their bowlers may do well on those pitches. 

I don't think both afridi and shah can both stay uninjured for long. their batting is bound to collapse on ultra-green pitches

Prabat Jayasuriya has 45 wickets at Galle in 5 Tests.

Galle is a nightmare ground for visitors. Only England and Australia has better W/L ratio here than Srilanka. They also lost. Last time India had SL on the mat at 95/5 With India  100 runs ahead. They added 272 runs from there and set a target of 176. Lohli, Rohit  Hahul all succumbed to Herath. Got bowled out for 112 runs.

Before that test Viru played well. But others failed in first innings. Dilshan thrashed us in the 2nd dig while chasing 95.  In both tests one thing is common. Harbhajan singh bowled in 4 innings not a single wicket lol

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I think Salman Butt himself said that their priority is not red ball cricket now which is understandable. They will still be competitive though at least in the subcontinent.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Prabat Jayasuriya has 45 wickets at Galle in 5 Tests.

Galle is a nightmare ground for visitors. Only England and Australia has better W/L ratio here than Srilanka. They also lost. Last time India had SL on the mat at 95/5 With India  100 runs ahead. They added 272 runs from there and set a target of 176. Lohli, Rohit  Hahul all succumbed to Herath. Got bowled out for 112 runs.

Before that test Viru played well. But others failed in first innings. Dilshan thrashed us in the 2nd dig while chasing 95.  In both tests one thing is common. Harbhajan singh bowled in 4 innings not a single wicket lol

That 2015 match is something i try to forget. We gave Chandimal so many chances and he got a daddy 100 while chasing under 200 our maharathis were gettiing owned by Herath. I think even Tharindu Kaushal bowled well in that match and then disappeared.

1 minute ago, rollingstoned said:

That 2015 match is something i try to forget. We gave Chandimal so many chances and he got a daddy 100 while chasing under 200 our maharathis were gettiing owned by Herath. I think even Tharindu Kaushal bowled well in that match and then disappeared.

yes. A match that we should have won. We need someone good there.  Lara made 178 and 40 there they still lost.  Not every time pitch was difficult. But whenever it was tricky Sehwag showed up. He averages 130 on that ground. Dhawan also has 2 100s.

5 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Missed DRS also that game, Chandimal had a few lucky reprieves, not just LBW but also bat-pad.