2022 Asian Games, Hangzhou (23rd September to 8th October, 2023)

Gollum

I think giving only India gold in cricket was wrong. The Afghans should also have been gold IMO. Not their players' fault the game couldn't be concluded. It's not like India was in a winning position or something. 2 golds and 2 bronzes.

Would have also made Bangla boys and Pakistanis sad to see their one chance for gold go to the Afghans for showing up in the finals :phehe:

Edited by bharathh

1 minute ago, bharathh said:

Good on Deepak... but sad day for Indian Wrestling. Really need to go back and regroup. 1 silver and 5 bronzes a big step back from the 2 golds and 1 bronze from last time.

True and none of the boxers look good enough for the Olympics. Maybe a bronze here or there but that's about it.

The golden days of Shusil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat are over!

From the current lot, I am hopeful from Antim Phogal and Aman Sehrawat.

Just now, deepdynamo said:

True and none of the boxers look good enough for the Olympics. Maybe a bronze here or there but that's about it.

The golden days of Shusil Kumar, Yogeshwar Dutt, Bajrang Punia and Vinesh Phogat are over!

The men no .. the women are def good. 

Nikhat (2 time) and Lovlina are world champs. We should def expect medals from them.

Actually, even in the men we had 3 bronze medallists in the 2023 world championships - the champs are Kazakhs and Uzbeks in those categories .. so they should have at least got a bronze here. Still, at least there is hope

Edited by bharathh

3 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

@Gollum thoughts.. 

I agree for Badminton and TT.

Yes Denmark was missing - but in the Olympics you have more gimme games -vs the Asian games where the number of top Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Malaysian, Indonesians are higher. In the Olympics you can only have top 2 from each of these countries. 

22 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

4 current gold medalists in the 2023 world championships for the Indian women.

Nitu Ganghas (whose weight category was not there in the Asian Games), Nikhat Zareen (2 times world champ), Lovlina, and, Saweety Boora whose weight category was not there at Hangzhou as well. 

In the Paris Olympics - it is the same as Hangzhou - so unless Nitu moves up a weight category she won't be in contention. Saweety is also not in contention.