Pakistan announced Squad for Asia Cup & Afg series

48 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Beat SA in SA weak side but a similar sorta side thrashed us 3-0.

Beat them in WT20.  Had a great Asia Cup...  Choked hard in finals though. 

A much better bowling attack. 

I can't name two good things about India right now.  Like always we are relying on Individual brilliance like Kohli in WT20.

I feel In bowling we have Siraj & Kuldeeo as only match winners right now.  Genuine attacking wicket takers.   But this where the natural flair ends. 

We lost to Bangladesh.We allowed Mehidy and Fiz to add 50 runs for last wicket to lose a match. We had Iyer then.  Our unit is more unsettled now. Under Dravid and co TM  and we are perfectly capable of losing to Afghanistan as well.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

On what basis are they the top 3 in the world lol? They lost to NZ at home this very year. All they have done is beat some third string sides from SENA which says absolutely nothing. 

They're a top team in T20s due to their bowling but ODIs is a different story altogether. Their bowling attack barring Shaheen's new ball spell is bang average. And their batting has major holes and no real firepower in the middle order... you guys are overrating them for absolutely no reason lol. As I said, same paranoia happened in 2018 but the result was something else.

Bhai Nz abhi haar kay tou gaya hai ODI series.

49 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Beat SA in SA weak side but a similar sorta side thrashed us 3-0.

Bruh that was like 2021. Also , a classic case of selective bias here because in the same year they got clean swept by a village level England side. While we beat a much stronger English side in 2022. 

51 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Beat them in WT20.  Had a great Asia Cup...  Choked hard in finals though. 

A much better bowling attack. 

I can't name two good things about India right now.  Like always we are relying on Individual brilliance like Kohli in WT20.

All this is for T20 cricket where I agree they're very good. Are we really that dumb that we're conflating ODIs and T20s in the same vain?

52 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I feel In bowling we have Siraj & Kuldeeo as only match winners right now.  Genuine attacking wicket takers.   But this where the natural flair ends. 

Gill , Bumrah, Shami, Rohit are all match winners even now. Kohli usually turns up like a maniac against Pakistan too. As I said, all people here are doing is exaggerate our weaknesses and their strengths at the same time. Pakistan are no Eng/Aus .... only genuine match winners are Shaheen and Fakhar. Babar is good but he doesn't have the capability to win a match on his own like the other two. And the list stops right there..

Kuldeep yadav will determine India’s fate i feel. Pakistani middle order will definitely struggle vs that type of bowler and spinners in general. Pakistan has more batting depth and more pentrative opening bowlers. Naseem is a better ODI bowler than a t20 one, even better than Shaheen and if Usama mir plays there will be no easy overs and India’s lack of batting depth means that Rauf can run through the lower order and tail with reverse swing. Kuldeep Yadav is the absolute key.

7 minutes ago, the don said:

Bhai Nz abhi haar kay tou gaya hai ODI series.

Yes a thrid string side while most of their main players were here playing the IPL. When the main team played earlier in the year, you lost. Thanks for proving my point that Pak has beaten only second string sides.

Edited by Norman
50 minutes ago, the don said:

Kuldeep yadav will determine India’s fate i feel. Pakistani middle order will definitely struggle vs that type of bowler and spinners in general. Pakistan has more batting depth and more pentrative opening bowlers. Naseem is a better ODI bowler than a t20 one, even better than Shaheen and if Usama mir plays there will be no easy overs and India’s lack of batting depth means that Rauf can run through the lower order and tail with reverse swing. Kuldeep Yadav is the absolute key.

Yes Kuldeep I feel is definitely the X factor player.   Also if picked Tilak & SKY as a finisher could also trouble Pakistani attack.  He might fancy your guys extra pace on a flat Pallekelle pitch. 

In bowling I expect Siraj to be the main threat initially to likes of Fakhar and Imam.  If he takes out one or two initially I expect Kuldeep to run through Pakistani MO. 

But that's it I think.  

56 minutes ago, Norman said:

Bruh that was like 2021. Also , a classic case of selective bias here because in the same year they got clean swept by a village level England side. While we beat a much stronger English side in 2022. 

All this is for T20 cricket where I agree they're very good. Are we really that dumb that we're conflating ODIs and T20s in the same vain?

Gill , Bumrah, Shami, Rohit are all match winners even now. Kohli usually turns up like a maniac against Pakistan too. As I said, all people here are doing is exaggerate our weaknesses and their strengths at the same time. Pakistan are no Eng/Aus .... only genuine match winners are Shaheen and Fakhar. Babar is good but he doesn't have the capability to win a match on his own like the other two. And the list stops right there..

Who won us that ODI series decider in Eng...  It was Pant who is injured & we will have Kela playing at his spot lol

Kohli turns up against Pak is classic individual brilliance tactic.  If Babar has some semblance of Brains he should feed only spin to him in Kandy. 

Lol at Rohit..  Dude ain't surviving intial Shaheen burst 7/10 times.  We have to pray for it that he makes it outside PP or heck 5 overs. 

Flashy Gill. 

When has Bumrah actually done something of note vs Pak or against SENAP in a multi nation tournament?  ODIs is his weakest format too...  With a terrible new ball record. 

Old man Shami is unreliable. 

I can count on Siraj to deliver me PP wickets only. 

Kuldeep is biggest match winner in Indian team right now...  And It's upto him to trouble  solid Pak MO. 

Remember we have to restrict them below 230 or we will crumble under pressure. 

Dravid is meek pathetic coach & Rohit is not a inspiring leader too. 

Situation is closer to 2012 aane do times...  We had bigger names then too on paper but on decline.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

We lost to Bangladesh.We allowed Mehidy and Fiz to add 50 runs for last wicket to lose a match. We had Iyer then.  Our unit is more unsettled now. Under Dravid and co TM  and we are perfectly capable of losing to Afghanistan as well.

Forgot about that Kela dropped Mehidy in 1st ODI off Kuldeep Sen I guess...  He skied one there. 

Funny thing is Kuldeep Sen might have been in WI & Asia Cup squad if that catch had been taken. 

Kela incidentally destroyed his career as well.  Legendary Panuti. 

34 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

When has Bumrah actually done something of note vs Pak or against SENAP in a multi nation tournament?  ODIs is his weakest format too...  With a terrible new ball record. 

This.....

Plus Bumrah is now coming off of a very long injury related absence.... have to see his match fitness. 4 overs in T20s is one thing but 10 overs in ODIs is half a test days work and more intense.

Plus Bumrah will soon turn 30 in December.

13 hours ago, the don said:

in other words, one mentally weak bowler (kuldeep) vs all of Pak XI. result is obvious, conclusion is foregone.

15 hours ago, Norman said:

On what basis are they the top 3 in the world lol? They lost to NZ at home this very year. All they have done is beat some third string sides from SENA which says absolutely nothing. 

They're a top team in T20s due to their bowling but ODIs is a different story altogether. Their bowling attack barring Shaheen's new ball spell is bang average. And their batting has major holes and no real firepower in the middle order... you guys are overrating them for absolutely no reason lol. As I said, same paranoia happened in 2018 but the result was something else.

In ODIs, they have naseem shah, who is better in that format than in tests or t20s. in fact, he is a bigger issue than shaheen afridi. even rauf will pose issues to most batters barring brat

Love how everyone is sleeping on Naseem who right now is the most complete bowler going around, and for me the best in odi's given his effectiveness is all phases of an odi bowling innings. 

He may not have the enthusiasm and peak potency of Shaheen but on a basic, sustained level, he is a more skillful bowler. 

Those recalling the nz series we lost need to understand that it was under a 'qudrat ka nizam management' and the team was extremely unsettled/low on confidence with several debutantes and players absent or returning from injury; Shaheen didnt play any games, Naseem didnt play the last odi, rauf just returned from an injury and was out of rhythm. Salman/usama were on debuts, shadab wasnt there, Haris sohail's return was being experimented with.

The full strength team played in march and got a 4-1 result. I firmly believe the scorelines would not have changed, even if nz sent their first team because the gap was quite vast. 

Edited by Axl100mph
18 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

Love how everyone is sleeping on Naseem who right now is the most complete bowler going around, and for me the best in odi's given his effectiveness is all phases of an odi bowling innings. 

He may not have the enthusiasm and peak potency of Shaheen but on a basic, sustained level, he is a more skillful bowler. 

Those recalling the nz series we lost need to understand that it was under a 'qudrat ka nizam management' and the team was extremely unsettled/low on confidence with several debutantes and players absent or returning from injury; Shaheen didnt play any games, Naseem didnt play the last odi, rauf just returned from an injury and was out of rhythm. Salman/usama were on debuts, shadab wasnt there, Haris sohail's return was being experimented with.

The full strength team played in march and got a 4-1 result. I firmly believe the scorelines would not have changed, even if nz sent their first team because the gap was quite vast. 

Don't agree with this at all. Not the Naseem part because I do think he is bowling well. But a full strength NZ squad with Boult, Jamieson, Lockie, Conway, Finn Allen, and Glenn Philips is quite a bit stronger. I also think Tim Seifert is a better option than Latham who is too slow in the middle order. 

Their out-cricket wasn't at its best - missed runouts, a crucial catch of Fakhar dropped and they lost the first two tosses on a heavily chasing biased ground. 

PAK are the stronger side in these conditions but the gap between the full strength sides is not huge.

9 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Don't agree with this at all. Not the Naseem part because I do think he is bowling well. But a full strength NZ squad with Boult, Jamieson, Lockie, Conway, Finn Allen, and Glenn Philips is quite a bit stronger. I also think Tim Seifert is a better option than Latham who is too slow in the middle order. 

Their out-cricket wasn't at its best - missed runouts, a crucial catch of Fakhar dropped and they lost the first two tosses on a heavily chasing biased ground. 

PAK are the stronger side in these conditions but the gap between the full strength sides is not huge.

Pakistan always plays according to the standards set by the opposition. 

While those players you mentioned are quite a bit better, but had they played Pakistan would have raised their game too, because by the time of the 4th odi, it was evident that the foot wasnt quite on the pedal like it was at the start. But still I would have given it a 3-2 result, but not a win for new zealand as some may suggest over here. 

My golly I'll say this again...

This whole thread is just a carbon copy repeat of that post champions trophy 2017-2018 period when suddenly Pakistan were a "better side than India" , "have a mental edge over India" , "has a galaxy beating phasst bowling attack" , supremely tailunted players with zero weaknesses etc etc etc etc. 

And fake teenager Naseem Shah has taken the Hassan Ali role of getting hyped to the moon by uber delusional Pak fanboys with even lesser performances. :giggle:

Just love to see it...

2 hours ago, Norman said:

This whole thread is just a carbon copy repeat of that post champions trophy 2017-2018 period when suddenly Pakistan were a "better side than India" , "have a mental edge over India" , "has a galaxy beating phasst bowling attack" , supremely tailunted players with zero weaknesses etc etc etc etc. 

And fake teenager Naseem Shah has taken the Hassan Ali role of getting hyped to the moon by uber delusional Pak fanboys with even lesser performances. :giggle:

Just love to see it...

Man to man this Pakistan side is better than India at this moment. May call them boring (Babar,Rizwan,Imam) but better than India for sure. Can't predict the result,but definitely cant call it upset or one off if they beat India this time.

2 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Man to man this Pakistan side is better than India at this moment. May call them boring (Babar,Rizwan,Imam) but better than India for sure. Can't predict the result,but definitely cant call it upset or one off if they beat India this time.

they are much better than ind counterparts barring 1-2 exceptions

9 hours ago, Norman said:

Just love to see it...

As much as I would love for us to repeat the thrashings we have given them in 2018 Asia cup but the situation is very different this time. Indian team was much better back then. We had most feared top 3 of Rohit, Dhawan and Kohli who were in their prime years. I know Kohli didnt even play that Asia cup but Pakistan couldnt even get our openers out. Our bowling was also much better then with fit and young Bumrah and inform Kul-Cha. Also, we had the chanakya named Dhoni behind the stumps. The only weakness we had back then was the middle order but our openers/no.3 were so good that it mitigated that issue. 

Our team now is full of trash where golden generation players have psssed their prime and young ones are playing for their place in the team. On top of that we have an entitled coach who likes to back his favorite players even though they are injured and ignoring present form. The entire vibe about this 2023 Indian team is not good.

I couldn't care less about Pakistan team. As long as our own team is good, like the one we had in 2018, we would thrash them. But unfortunately our team is not good this time and chances of we losing against Pakistan is high. Heck, we just lost an ODI series in Bangladesh and somehow won 2-1 against a team that failed to even qualify for world cup.

Edited by Austin 3:!6