Pakistan announced Squad for Asia Cup & Afg series

23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Did you believe that Pakistan was a much superior T20 side when they thrashed us in 2021?  

I didn't think so, either. 

But they have rapidly improved since 2015/16.  

They were a rubbish white ball outfit. But they are constantly improving and I can't say the same about us.

They have closed the gap considerably and it was much more evident in T20's .  There was a time when we would go to a T20 World Cup and beat them blindfolded.

Last year, Kohli had to roll back the years and bat out of his skin to get us over the line.  

They are a better catching and fielding side than we are.  I think 2nd or 3rd in the world in terms of catch success percentage, India are only better than Netherlands. And that was before the Nepal match where we dropped 3 catches and Shardul could be trusted   to bowl only 4 overs.

Some of the catching under pressure yesterday was impressive. Their out cricket is, I daresay, on par or sometimes even better than ours. That never was the case in years gone by

They have had an absolute shocker of an Asia Cup but even now Abdullah came in and completely out batted Fakhar.

The gap is not enough to consistently beat them. If we they play their best cricket, India will find it very tough to beat them. 

Out of 10 ODIs we'll win 7-8.

Don't be fooled by their records against B-C sides and weaker teams. This same team lost heavily in Asia Cup 2018 twice and WC 2019 and again in Asia Cup 2023. And would have prolly lost the group stage match as well.

T20s might be slightly better but Odis no chance.

You can't say "play their best cricket" and then not have us "playing our best cricket".

T20s gap might be lesser but we didn't have Bumrah last year and Kuldeep had lost form. With Bumrah and Kuldeep even in T20s we'd be favourites (Although not as much as in ODIs I agree).

Pakistan have improved as a white ball side but so have we. Remember we didn't even win bilateral ODI series in SENA before Bumrah/Kuldeep.

Bumrah/Kuldeep are already India's greatest ODI pacer/spinner. We have maintained our strong batting heritage and added good bowling too.

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Did you believe that Pakistan was a much superior T20 side when they thrashed us in 2021?  

I didn't think so, either. 

But they have rapidly improved since 2015/16.  

They were a rubbish white ball outfit. But they are constantly improving and I can't say the same about us.

They have closed the gap considerably and it was much more evident in T20's .  There was a time when we would go to a T20 World Cup and beat them blindfolded.

Last year, Kohli had to roll back the years and bat out of his skin to get us over the line.  

They are a better catching and fielding side than we are.  I think 2nd or 3rd in the world in terms of catch success percentage, India are only better than Netherlands. And that was before the Nepal match where we dropped 3 catches and Shardul could be trusted   to bowl only 4 overs.

Some of the catching under pressure yesterday was impressive. Their out cricket is, I daresay, on par or sometimes even better than ours. That never was the case in years gone by

They have had an absolute shocker of an Asia Cup but even now Abdullah came in and completely out batted Fakhar.

The gap is not enough to consistently beat them. If we they play their best cricket, India will find it very tough to beat them. 

Bhaijaan, why are you beating all around the bush? :cantstop:

I agree that Pakistan have improved from their Misbah Sarfraz days and are a slightly better T20 team than us currently. Now your turn...are Pakistan a superior ODI side to us ? Yes or no?

I'm sorry but can't stop myself from bumping this today. 

This will forever remain one of the funniest threads to ever exist on ICF with some of the most hilarious takes. The first 5 pages are just a pure goldmine lmao. And I'm not going to let the absurdity of it to die down any time sooner..:giggle:

Some of the best ones -

"Much better than our Lazy ass team" - @Austin 3:!6 :giggle:

"It's 60-40 in their favour... We are up against it" - @Lone Wolf :lol:

"8-9 wicket loss coming up for us...Gap between us and them is as inversely big as the gap between them in other sports " - @Vijy :phehe:

"They are far ahead of us in all aspects " - @Nikhil_cric :adore:

"Man to man , paxtan is a better side than India - :laugh:

@Bigg Brother

5 minutes ago, Norman said:

This will forever remain one of the funniest threads to ever exist on ICF with some of the most hilarious takes. The first 5 pages are just a pure goldmine lmao. And I'm not going to let the absurdity of it to die down any time sooner..:giggle:

Some of the best ones -

"8-9 wicket loss coming up for us...Gap between us and them is as inversely big as the gap between them in other sports " - @Vijy :phehe:

@Bigg Brother

Glad to be proven wrong...lets enjoy this moment

image.png

On 8/16/2023 at 8:30 PM, Lone Wolf said:

He is legend in the eyes of Indian pans already.  Never understood the logic.  Guy gets more respect than likes of Yuvi Raina ever got... 

Axar improved his batting but his bowling has regressed badly. 

I hope Kuldeep gets the backing on Indian decks as 3rd spinner from here on. 

Jadeja has a Test career that Yuvi and Raina could only dream off. Understand the logic now?

8 hours ago, Norman said:

Some of the best ones -

@Bigg Brother

What could I have said if Pakistan was creating havoc against Zimbawe before Asia Cup. Having said that I confessed after my original post that may be I was confusing Pakistan Odi side with T20 side..Also a bit of pessimism :phehe:

9 hours ago, Norman said:

Some of the best ones -

@Bigg Brother

From Art of War by Sun Tzu

“The whole secret lies in confusing the enemy, so that he cannot fathom our real intent.”

:hatsoff:

Lahoris fell for it:bandit:

@AuxiliA This is the way

Edited by Lone Wolf
11 hours ago, Norman said:

Some of the best ones -

@Bigg Brother

All credit to Rohit and Dravid for getting this team here. 

To be fair, PAK setup is exceptionally professional by their historic standards. 

Sadly, they just don't have players with the  intelligence, the guts, player management to improve on their skillsets.   Even AFG showed more improvement than PAK have.

Proper thrashing coming up in Australia. 

Edited by Nikhil_cric
23 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

To be fair, PAK setup is exceptionally professional by their historic standards. 

Sadly, they just don't have players with the  intelligence, the guts, player management to improve on their skillsets.   Even AFG showed more improvement than PAK have.

Their batting actually held up pretty well, exceeded my expectations. It was their trash spinners and run machine Rauf that hurt them badly.

Still they are mostly blaming their batting for their debacle and not their 'number 1' bowling attack.

4 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Their batting actually held up pretty well, exceeded my expectations. It was their trash spinners and run machine Rauf that hurt them badly.

Still they are mostly blaming their batting for their debacle and not their 'number 1' bowling attack.

Yeah that's what. It's their horrendous new ball bowling and spin bowling that cost them . Not batting. 

Shaheen has lost his action and Naseem is injured and their bench strength is nowhere near good enough. 

1 hour ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Yes I think their batting surprised me the most. The way they chased vs Lanka, then made a match vs Aus in high chase. Even against NZ. I believe they were on par score against SA too on that relatively pacier tracker.

The biggest problem was that they had garbage level spinners. Even a decent U19 prospect would have been better.

2 minutes ago, Number said:

Yes I think their batting surprised me the most. The way they chased vs Lanka, then made a match vs Aus in high chase. Even against NZ. I believe they were on par score against SA too on that relatively pacier tracker.

The biggest problem was that they had garbage level spinners. Even a decent U19 prospect would have been better.

Their batting is actually quite decent, it may not have big strikers...but they have accumulator who can keep the scoreboard ticking.

Its their bowling, specially pace attack, which has been filthy to the core. Their spinners anyway were supposed to just assist the pacers..and feed off the pressure.

15 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Their batting is actually quite decent, it may not have big strikers...but they have accumulator who can keep the scoreboard ticking.

Its their bowling, specially pace attack, which has been filthy to the core. Their spinners anyway were supposed to just assist the pacers..and feed off the pressure.

Their assumption that their pacers can cover their spinners ineptitude backfired. Spinners were probably worse than any other team in the tournament and pacers were not even half as good as they imagined them to be.