Gadar 2- Proper Cringe Material.

Bigg Brother

Had to walkout of the theatre midway because I couldn't take it. 

This is literally parody of Gadar and have made a mockery out of original movie which was more of a love story rather than brainless sequence of events set in the backdrop of 1971 war, It sounds laughable when these jokers mention 1971 war in it. Can see many clips on Twitter of people fighting over it in streets, dancing in cinema halls. Such a mindless  script and it feels laughable at times,Cant believe it is 2023 movie. No doubt it isn't first time in Bollywood , I myself enjoy pure entertainment and masala movie but this was beyond bearable, Same old songs and new songs are unnecessarily added, the nepo kid mimicking Dilip Kumar, Rajesh Khanna in few scenes looks slapworthy at times. 

38 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I gathered this from the trailer itself...  This felt like a Parody movie from a classic like Gadar.  

People are having a good time though like they did with Pathan. 

PR plays it part & emotional connect the original had with masses. 

Nothing can beat Pathaan. I finished the movie in 3 sittings.

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

Watched coz of John...  he  ate up SRK really.  I am intrigued in the universe YRF is building. 

Hrithik & John are painted as best agents....  While Pathan & Sallu bhai are old retired guns.   Now they are bringing NTR in War 2 against Hrithik. 

43 minutes ago, mishra said:

Badhai ho. I gave up on Pathan after about 30 minutes. I think with all the choices in OTT, it seems like a waste of time to sit through a bad movie. Bb  the first 30 mins time we know the quality and on SM we would  know all spoilers anyway and it seems like it can’t get any better. 

Watched Bawaal recently and regretted. Saw it was getting better and later half went downhill with story and dialogues too preachy and anti-Indian men. Too simplistic to turn a man 180 degs.

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I think Gadar 1 is the only good movie that Anil Sharma has directed. All his movies are in the face, loud , screaming movies including Gadar. It had a good story and good music as well. 

Watched Tiranga out of the blue on Independence day...  Still holds up.   Raj kumar & Nana are brilliant...  Absurd plot but cast did a great job.  Raaj Kumar's one liners are bangers till this day 

52 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Watched coz of John...  he  ate up SRK really.  I am intrigued in the universe YRF is building. 

Hrithik & John are painted as best agents....  While Pathan & Sallu bhai are old retired guns.   Now they are bringing NTR in War 2 against Hrithik. 

Wow man... NTR imho is the greatest actor in India right now. Seeing him acting and speaking Hindi should be a treat. I was blown away by him in RRR. Ram Charan was superb as well.

8 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Wow man... NTR imho is the greatest actor in India right now. Seeing him acting and speaking Hindi should be a treat. I was blown away by him in RRR. Ram Charan was superb as well.

Entire Franchise could be very interesting if they do things right as they have linked War with Tiger & Pathan...  NTR is confirmed entry in War 2.  YRF has budget to make it a spectacle as they have huge budget.  Should hire a Hollywood style action director imo. 

Hrithik v NTR would be fire. 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

I think Gadar 1 is the only good movie that Anil Sharma has directed. All his movies are in the face, loud , screaming movies including Gadar. It had a good story and good music as well. 

Yes I saw it again after years. There are parts in that movie that nothing short of brilliant. 

45 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sunny Paaji did that Train rooftop scene while having son Jeeta on his shoulders in reality with no protection or stunt double:adore:

Indeed. I also noticed some other stuff which I didn't before. It was not a simple jingoistic pro Hindu movie. It was modelled like Ramayana with Ram rescuing Sita. But also the messaging was clear. He was willing to convert for her and stay in Pakistan. Red line was insulting India. Movie was kind of sensitive to Muslim audiences in India and Pakistan. 

Also interesting dynamic between Amisha and her mother. Mother is broken by horrors of partition but she goes little weak when she sees her grandson for first time. Seeing in person and hearing stories about them is quite different. The entire sequence of "Aan Milo Sajna" also was done well. It was also good to see pakistani elites shown to be what they really were, English speaking wannabe Brits. 

Crédit should go to writer Shaktiman. 

On 8/17/2023 at 5:39 PM, Lone Wolf said:

I gathered this from the trailer itself...  This felt like a Parody movie from a classic like Gadar.  

People are having a good time though like they did with Pathan. 

PR plays it part & emotional connect the original had with masses. 

Almost every single thing is unbearable, there is literally no fluidity or coherence, in one scene they are dancing then Sunny Paji suddenly goes to fight out with his 10 trucks and in next scene his kid is in Pakistan dancing with that girl. I mean c'mon how can one be so stupid to enjoy this. Pathetic stuff. 

Edited by Bigg Brother

Gadar 2 was always going to be targeted at the rickshawala chapri single screen audience- this OTT jingoism and illogical storyline to bash Pakistani army would have worked in 2001 but not in 2023. It was another way for Anil Sharma to make a film for his rubbish acting son because he knew no one else would cast him

Again stresses my point the quality of a film in India is not seen through the actual content and screenplay but more around BO collections- sad times. This obsession with BO collections needs to stop!!

Edited by LordPrabhzy