Chandrayan 3 celebrations and discussions Thread

coffee_rules

We have some dinosaurs for politicians. Hopefully these guys never rule our country. If this was normal scientific contribution I can understand but this is a historic moment and both have no clue.

"I remember when they reached the moon, Indira Gandhi asked Rakesh Roshan how India looked from there, for space," Mamata Banerjee said

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar was asked on Chandrayaan 3 before the soft landing. He apparently did not understand the question and asked the minister who was with him.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/mamatas-rakesh-roshan-gaffe-in-viral-video-after-chandrayaan-3-landing-101692836455324-amp.html

Edited by gattaca

Pragyan rover is supposed to work upto 14 days...  ISRO is hopeful it can extend its lifetime a bit much. 

Yutu 2 Of China was made to be operational a lot longer. 

Let's hope we keep improving this Rover game & the eventual Landing rover on Mars would last a lot longer. 

GoI must increase budget of these missions as ISRO & India are big time players now in Space race. 

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pragyan rover is supposed to work upto 14 days...  ISRO is hopeful it can extend its lifetime a bit much. 

Yutu 2 Of China was made to be operational a lot longer. 

Let's hope we keep improving this Rover game & the eventual Landing rover on Mars would last a lot longer. 

GoI must increase budget of these missions as ISRO & India are big time players now in Space race. 

It can save from fuel if it uses solar energy from first 14 days and later slips into darkness. Dark side of the moon doesn’t mean that side doesn’t get sunlight at all. It gets, but we cannot see that side of the moon from earth . But it’s frustrating that ISRO is not releasing more footage from the lander or the rover. 

Edited by coffee_rules

11 hours ago, Bublu Bhuyan said:

Lal Topi is a legend...  Probably bezzzzzzt analyst to ever grace the subcontinent. 

He once said Pakistan got saved by roohani powers in 1965 with spirits of Ghazis with lightning in their swords terrified Indian army in Sialkot... And they ran back:adore::adore:

He also said in 2009 Pakistan will be sitting on Moon & most powerful country by 2014.

So happy to see the Legend back:isalute:

On 8/24/2023 at 8:49 AM, gattaca said:

We have some dinosaurs for politicians. Hopefully these guys never rule our country. If this was normal scientific contribution I can understand but this is a historic moment and both have no clue.

"I remember when they reached the moon, Indira Gandhi asked Rakesh Roshan how India looked from there, for space," Mamata Banerjee said

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar was asked on Chandrayaan 3 before the soft landing. He apparently did not understand the question and asked the minister who was with him.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/mamatas-rakesh-roshan-gaffe-in-viral-video-after-chandrayaan-3-landing-101692836455324-amp.html

See this nice compilations - Nitish with his very senior moment there. 

12 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

We cant have this guy call himself scientist anymore. 

1/1 Continue watching after the ad Visit Advertiser websiteGO TO PAGE

https://twitter.com/timesofindia/status/1695704490400436563?t=Jew30OhQIeXiLFU6yj9keA&s=19

He has a beautiful perspective about how he keeps his religion (inner) separate from his science (outer), while simultaneously finding a common thread between how they both fit into his explorer personality.   I am not sure where you are hearing people saying that scientists cannot be religious. They can, as long as they don't mix the two.   Which he clearly doesn't.

Some of the most brilliant scientists I know here in the US are also practicing Christians.

7 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

He has a beautiful perspective about how he keeps his religion (inner) separate from his science (outer), while simultaneously finding a common thread between how they both fit into his explorer personality.   I am not sure where you are hearing people saying that scientists cannot be religious. They can, as long as they don't mix the two.   Which he clearly doesn't.

Some of the most brilliant scientists I know here in the US are also practicing Christians.

He means religious when he is saying spiritual. A lot of Hindus use that word to fit in a liberal definition of being religious. He is doing so much of circus to say he believes in a higher power than us humans. He visited Tirupathi and prayed for the success of Chandrayan-3. Who is saying scientists can’t be religious? Indian liberal thinking junta iit is. Look for some exhibits

F4N_tw2a0AAZkif?format=jpg&name=large
F4N_t-mbMAERT1U?format=jpg&name=large

A lot of thinkers and intellectuals criticized ISRO scientists for visiting Tirupathi before the launch and mocked them for lack of scientific temper :facepalm: