Kuldeep Yadav is a big asset that we have, needs to be managed

Number

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

If the decline is permanent (good chance it is), we must be ruthless and drop Ashwin in this series itself. Can't fight father time, and maybe this will give us Washi the test player. 

More like Washi the permanently injured

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Kuch bhi, how were the pitches like in 2011-19? 2012 Hyderabad, 2016 Indore, 2017 Chennai (Jaddu), 2019 Vizag etc. kya the phir? The day Kuldeep does well on those kind of wickets (by well I mean 10fers) you will have some merit. 

May be there is a recency bias in my views as we have to go back some years to find a good performance from Ashwin on flatter tracks.

Kuldeep outbowled him in Chittagong. Ashwin averaged over 100 in that match.

Kuldeep also has a 5fer in Sydney which was ridiculously flat where we scored 600+ runs.

1 minute ago, Number said:

May be there is a recency bias in my views as we have to go back some years to find a good performance from Ashwin on flatter tracks.

Kuldeep outbowled him in Chittagong. Ashwin averaged over 100 in that match.

If you do a direct H2H, sample size will be less. Ashwin has declined, no doubt, but in BGT 4th test which was an absolute patta he did well. 6/91 in 48 overs, in which everybody else struggled. Anyway I back Kuldeep over him presently, Ashwin should be phased out asap.

Kuldeep also has a 5fer in Sydney which was ridiculously flat where we scored 600+ runs.

Good achievement but very weak and inexperienced Aus batting unit. Rate the 2020-21 bowling performances there much higher. Ashwin, Jaddu did as well as the best spinners visiting Aus are expected to do.

@GollumGollum bro we must keep expectations mild from Kuldeep too...  Yes he deserves to play on merit next game. 

But something tells me BaZ & Stokes have arrived with clear plans on how to deal with spinners...  Something that our coaching staff can only dream about. 

Stokes was mentioning studying field sets of Rohit post match & he went into details thinking about that. 

Our spinners are much superior but we need to find a way to be competitive with the bat against them... And be prepared to chase 180- 200 odd if needed in 4th inns in this series. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
52 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

@GollumGollum bro we must keep expectations mild from Kuldeep too...  Yes he deserves to play on merit next game. 

But something tells me BaZ & Stokes have arrived with clear plans on how to deal with spinners...  Something that our coaching staff can only dream about. 

Stokes was mentioning studying field sets of Rohit post match & he went into details thinking about that. 

Our spinners are much superior but we need to find a way to be competitive with the bat against them... And be prepared to chase 180- 200 odd if needed in 4th inns in this series. 

Dravid said we left 60-70 runs in 1st innings. He is lying, we left 180-200 runs. Each of the top 6 got set, also Axar. But nobody took responsibility to score a daddy 100 against innocuous bowling on a gentle pitch. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

And be prepared to chase 180- 200 odd if needed in 4th inns in this series. 

Could be a repeat of 2004 actually, PP's *ing keeping was a major reason for our loss - now KS isn't at that bad of a level atm but he's not improving IMO & that shoddy fielding/catching/keeping is always infectious! Which is to say that if we do not improve our overall fielding+catching we'll lose this series badly :om:

Temper your expectations of Kuldeep. Wrist spin doesn't work in Tests as a whole and especially in India, there's no evidence that it works. 

Kuldeep has done well but there;s no evidence he can do much better and he's not as good a bat as the finger spinners.

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah I think they'll come with a plan against Kuldeep as well. But even if his mystery lasts for one test I'll take it, just need to bounce back immediately to calm down the dressing room, otherwise will be a runaway reaction. 

Anyway ball is in Kuldeep's court. We can smell Ashwin's exit from the test cricket team soon as this is his last test series as a 37 year old, and Kuldeep will replace him permanently at home. Ashwin in his 1st year destroyed Baz's NZ and won MOTS, Jaddu in his 1st year destroyed Aus and helped us win BGT 4-0. Axar has two great performances, with ball against Poms and bat in last year's BGT.  Hope Kuldeep helps us win this series. He has the ability to win a couple of MOTMs here, hopefully he does just that. 

Edited by Gollum
16 hours ago, Gollum said:

Yeah I think they'll come with a plan against Kuldeep as well. But even if his mystery lasts for one test I'll take it, just need to bounce back immediately to calm down the dressing room, otherwise will be a runaway reaction. 

Anyway ball is in Kuldeep's court. We can smell Ashwin's exit from the test cricket team soon as this is his last test series as a 37 year old, and Kuldeep will replace him permanently at home. Ashwin in his 1st year destroyed Baz's NZ and won MOTS, Jaddu in his 1st year destroyed Aus and helped us win BGT 4-0. Axar has two great performances, with ball against Poms and bat in last year's BGT.  Hope Kuldeep helps us win this series. He has the ability to win a couple of MOTMs here, hopefully he does just that. 

would love to see runaway. losing 5-0 at home would be mouth-watering to watch. heads might roll then (but only "might")

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

would love to see runaway. losing 5-0 at home would be mouth-watering to watch. heads might roll then (but only "might")

Yes if we are to lose this series, 0-5 would be beautiful, its more likely to bring about change.

If India are 0-2 going into the 3rd Test, dont be surprised if Kohli abandons the series to not tarnish his brand.

On 1/31/2024 at 11:43 PM, SRT100 said:

Yes if we are to lose this series, 0-5 would be beautiful, its more likely to bring about change.

If India are 0-2 going into the 3rd Test, dont be surprised if Kohli abandons the series to not tarnish his brand.

might as well do so. why play with this bunch of feckless idiots?

2 hours ago, Number said:

71-3 with a decent economy.

Bharat missed stumping chance on his ball and Rohit dropped Stokes off him.

Outbowled ICF's favorite Ashwin in the same innings by a country mile.

Asswin being exposed for the fraud he is when pitches don't aid him. and Ind team doing their best to try and break kuldeep

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Asswin being exposed for the fraud he is when pitches don't aid him. and Ind team doing their best to try and break kuldeep

Won't be so harsh on Ashwin. He has been fabulous for us for a decade. At times even with the bat he has fought brilliantly. 

But these poor pitches have messed up his mind in last few years. He wants to run through batting orders and when it doesn't happen, he is not bowling enough maiden overs. Gives 2-3 very lose balls every over.

Edited by Number

Won't be so harsh on Ashwin. He has been fabulous for us for a decade. At times even with the bat he has fought brilliantly. 

But these poor pitches have messed up his mind in last few years. He wants to run through batting orders and when it doesn't happen, he is not bowling enough maiden overs. Gives 2-3 very lose balls every over.

so has chepu, for nearly a decade. doesn't mean they should be criticism-proof.

this old asswin needs to be kicked out asap, and ind should initiate transition pronto

5 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

I have faith in Kuldeep as a bowler but there is no reason he cannot avg around 15 in test cricket even batting like a strokeless wonder. It's just a matter of dedication. Axar improved his batting but regressed massively with the ball. 

kuldeep can avg 15 with the bat. he is capable of that