Ajit Agarkar vs Manoj Prabhakar vs Irfan Pathan vs Ravindra Jadeja - Better LOI bowling all rounder?

Majestic

4 hours ago, Lord said:

Nah, Prabhakar resorted to bowling off spin in league game in 96  WC.after getting pasted by Jayasuriya and Kalu.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

That was one of the most humiliating moment for him. 22 runs in one over

Okay. I was referring to that 189 which Jayasuriya got at Sharjah. Tough time really watching that game for an Indian fan.

21 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

As an allrounder...I will go with

1. Irfan (we really need someone like him at no 8)

2. Jadeja (not very skilled, but as an overall package he has utility)

3. Agarkar (can't classify him as an allrounder, but a very good new ball bowler)

4. Prabhakar (proper bits & pieces player)

Prabhakar was proper A/R between 1989-1994.

20 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Prabhakar was proper A/R between 1989-1994.

I was too young, so my opinion can be limited. 

But my memory of Prabhakar was getting smashed off Jayasuria, by Anwar and then forming that partnership with Mongia which was just a form of cowardice all all levels. 

But all those elders with whom I have interacted with and talked about cricket. Never anyone had any good points to say about Manoj Prabhakar. He was utterly mediocre with both skills, but was backed because he was supposedly seen as successor of Kapil Dev.

In comparison Agarkar, despite his limitations with bat was actually a very handy lower order bat. His 50(21) balls vs Zim, then his handy knock of 95 at no 3, Lords 100 and then the knock of 17* vs Pakistan in 2007 T20 WC when we needed quick runs down the order. 

Edited by singhvivek141