Nehru's refusal of Kennedy's offer of nuclear detonation kept India out of the NSG

gattaca

3 minutes ago, diga said:

History is generally written from the viewpoint of winners and not by neutrals...At the least one should read multiple sources & refute with proof instead of inane arguments 

Viewpoints arent proofs, they are perspectives. Whether Churchill is the hero of Britain, standing up against the irresistable force of the nazis and serving as the iron will of the anglos, or just another Anglo genocider, from the long list of anglo savages, genociding 4 million Indians, mostly hindus to boot, in a game of one-upmanship with his germanic counterpart, is a matter of perspective. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I read someone said Modi is greatest leader post Independence era lol...  Demonetization alone pushes him a lot lower in the ranks :facepalm: unserious thread

Demonitization accomplished far more than it was expected to accomplish as far as i am concerned. It could've gone smoother, but i give it an overall A grade in performance. Its seriously amatuerish to consider otherwise. 

2 hours ago, bharathh said:

Who is the greatest so far according to you? 

They will always default to the original Pappu- aka Nehru as their go-to, some will try Maun Singh ( who's govt gets a F in pretty much every geo-strategic questions of their period but reality is simple - the last ten years is the sharpest improvement in India's structural robustness & outlook, with Modi doing something that no PM has ever done in India's case : steered India through a multi-year global crisis and emerging with exceptionally great performance. Sure, not everyone's gotten the opportunity to play the 'captain who saved the Titanic' like Modi, but it also cannot be denied that he's grabbed it with both hands and emerged with flying colours, in a situation that's felled many a richer & older fish than India in this game. 

He's already the bradman of roads & railways expansion. I cannot see a resume anywhere as jewel studded as Modi's in the entire history of RoI. 

18 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

They will always default to the original Pappu- aka Nehru as their go-to, some will try Maun Singh ( who's govt gets a F in pretty much every geo-strategic questions of their period but reality is simple - the last ten years is the sharpest improvement in India's structural robustness & outlook, with Modi doing something that no PM has ever done in India's case : steered India through a multi-year global crisis and emerging with exceptionally great performance. Sure, not everyone's gotten the opportunity to play the 'captain who saved the Titanic' like Modi, but it also cannot be denied that he's grabbed it with both hands and emerged with flying colours, in a situation that's felled many a richer & older fish than India in this game. 

He's already the bradman of roads & railways expansion. I cannot see a resume anywhere as jewel studded as Modi's in the entire history of RoI. 

Nehru destroyed India by giving us the worst foundation ever. His economic and appeasement policies set us decades behind and he was a little better than a dictator. Less said about his foreign policies and the way he and his cabinet destroyed the army's morale, the better.

Edited by bharathh

35 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Demonitization accomplished far more than it was expected to accomplish as far as i am concerned. It could've gone smoother, but i give it an overall A grade in performance. Its seriously amatuerish to consider otherwise. 

Lol it was pathetic...  And we are still suffering from its auto effects. 

Aravind Subramaniam then Chief Economic Advicer described that it was a draconian move also that it cost the Indian economy 2-3% of gdp growth. That is about Rs. 4,00,000 crores.

The first 6 months GDP projection was at 7.2% that year & it fell to 4.9% after that. 

Even BJP leaders don't come forward to justify it anymore man.

19 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Aravind Subramaniam then Chief Economic Advicer described that it was a draconian move also that it cost the Indian economy 2-3% of gdp growth. That is about Rs. 4,00,000 crores.

The first 6 months GDP projection was at 7.2% that year & it fell to 4.9% after that. 

How are we still "suffering " ?   Why should BJP keep talking about demonetization ? 

Demonetization will show its benefic impact in the long run ...and has already started showing it numerous ways ---

1) it is reducing India's informal sector and bringing it to the formal economy. How can that be a bad thing ?  The full  effects of this  takes years to be felt.

2)  The govt identified over 37,000 shell companies engaging in hawala transactions and laundering.  

3) Alot of the human trafficking declined significantly.

4) It was backed up by move to a much more digital cashless economy - which can only be good. No country does as many digital transactions as does India.

Many former GoI advisers and stalwart economists have also supported demonetization - including Jagdish Bhagwati and Arvind Panagariya.

Edited by rangeelaraja

8 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Who are these so called neutral sources ? Your ango masters approved ones or Islamist approved ones ?

As long as they are not BJP approved. Massive effort underway to rewrite history.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

As long as they are not BJP approved. Massive effort underway to rewrite history.

You still haven't answered the question I asked. What did MK Gandhi have to say about the Naokhali riots during direct action day and the Mopala massacres? Why did he support the Khilafat movement despite pleas from everyone including Annie Besant about what was happening in the Malabar. What kind of twisted person was he? How can he be a leader? 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

It wasn't pathetic at all. It was a resounding success - the objective was to go after black money & pakistani tamperings in the money supply with massive hoards of high value denominations. In that regard, it succeeded with flying colours. Its supposed to have a negative effect on the economy and it did- it had a worse effect than most would've liked because it was less efficient than it could've been- which is why i give it an A and not an A+ grade. 

5 hours ago, Khota said:

I would rather they be BJP approved than Congress approved. Rather be approved by those who are not running to their foreign masters every year to get diktat and guidance.

History should be re-written for India :history is written by the victors and we were not the victors. Duh.

10 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

India moved to digital payments which is great. I see everyone have paytm even street side vendor. The cash business is gone mostly which is good. Govt shouldn’t print so much money it always bad to manage it. More to come like Rupay and also india is building a way to use it in other countries which is really great for Indians traveling abroad.

Edited by gattaca

7 hours ago, gattaca said:

India moved to digital payments which is great. I see everyone have paytm even street side vendor. The cash business is gone mostly which is good. Govt shouldn’t print so much money it always bad to manage it. More to come like Rupay and also india is building a way to use it in other countries which is really great for Indians traveling abroad.

Unfair to attribute the adoption of nationwide digital payments solely to demonetization.

That was fueled mainly by Covid and the associated lockdown(s).

Article

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

PM Narsimha Rao was the greatest PM imo. Unfortunately most congressi and family chatukar hate him so much that they would refuse to even mention him. They would rather keep backing tried and failed Gandhi Scion.  

I hope he is posthumously awarded Bharat ratna. 

Best Congress PM for sure. However, mired in corruption and weak at controlling his cabinet. Big part of the Harshad Mehta scandal among others. Passed appeasement acts like the new Waqf board act giving them sweeping powers, places of worship act etc. Internal security of the country was in ruins. Punjab, bomb blasts everywhere including the famous 1992 blasts of Bombay. 

Edited by bharathh

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

PM Narsimha Rao was the greatest PM imo. Unfortunately most congressi and family chatukar hate him so much that they would refuse to even mention him. They would rather keep backing tried and failed Gandhi Scion.  

I hope he is posthumously awarded Bharat ratna. 

clear cut silver medallist behind Modi, IMO. 

PVNR didn't have a global crisis to deal with, though its him who rescued Indian economy ( and not Maun Singh as he is glorified due to his bikau aulaad) and he is no bradman of infrastructure like Modi is. 

But its Modi, then daylight, then PVNR, then a light year and then there's the rest. 

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Unfair to attribute the adoption of nationwide digital payments solely to demonetization.

That was fueled mainly by Covid and the associated lockdown(s).

Look at the graph below for # of digital payment transactions from here - https://www.nic.in/blogs/digital-payments-driving-the-growth-of-digital-economy/#:~:text=The demonetization policy in India,the years since[1].

Digital_1.png

Look at the bump from 2016 when demo happened to 2017 and then 2018 and beyond. There is almost a 200x change between 2016 and 17 which happened not only due to demonetization, but also due to the financial inclusion of people into the banking system which the govt worked incredibly hard to do in the first couple of years since 2014. 

I remember Chidambaram speaking in parliament sarcastically taunting the govt as to whether any vegetable seller would ever use digital payments. That is the kind of vision the Congress party brought in vs what the current govt brings in for India. 

Edited by bharathh