Are you planning to attend any world cup games? Try using direct link to seat booking on bookmyshow for match tickets.

Whole ticket selling is nothing but sham totally. Just pure scam. How can you change the price of tickets according to different teams. India vs Pakistan tickets were starting from 2000 while others were at 1000.

How can we expect the crowd to fill up the stadium when the experience itself is shitty. I attended Eng vs NZ at Ahemdabad, the game was great and atmosphere was electric but apart from that who would even want to watch the match where you aren't allowed even water bottle and scumbugs inside stadium are selling 10 rupees bottle for 100. There should be limit to money minting. A couple from England who had come to watch match left early because there wasn't any basic requirements fulfilled. No water, pathetic dirty washrooms, hell even seats were stuffed up with dusts that the pukeworthy orange colour of seats wasn't even visible.

Motera is typical naam bade darshan chhote stadium. Big junk of cement, I have been to old stadium, and I can say, apart from the capacity nothing is improved. Old one was equally shitty.

Wanted to go for England vs Australia but won't be going.

Edited by Bigg Brother

Drinking water was free in Chepauk, when I went for BD-NZ. Food was reasonably priced and ok (much better than the hockey tournament experience in Egmore), security didn't create any trouble, washrooms could have been better but that's expected in India. Decent experience, I was seated in the stand above MCC, was closed for many years I think because of a court case. Public transport nearby wasn't good (buses, didn't try the metro and train network), and the lanes around the stadium are so narrow, also some bad smell outside the stadium, Cooum?

Wednesday Afg-NZ I won't be able to go cos of work commitments but will definitely go for Pak-Aus on Friday here in Chinnaswamy, don't expect any inconvenience because I know the area and stadium well enough. Again Pak-Afg in Chepauk on Monday (extended holiday for me because of Ayudh Puja, Dussehra etc), this time the Ram Singh gate, will check out Govt Estate metro...after that when I am in one of the eastern stands, proximity to Chepauk station may help. 

Edited by Gollum
10 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Drinking water was free in Chepauk, when I went for BD-NZ. Food was reasonably priced and ok (much better than the hockey tournament experience in Egmore), security didn't create any trouble, washrooms could have been better but that's expected in India. Decent experience, I was seated in the stand above MCC, was closed for many years I think because of a court case. Public transport nearby wasn't good (buses, didn't try the metro and train network), and the lanes around the stadium are so narrow, also some bad smell outside the stadium, Cooum?

Wednesday Afg-NZ I won't be able to go cos of work commitments but will definitely go for Pak-Aus on Friday here in Chinnaswamy, don't expect any inconvenience because I know the area and stadium well enough. Again Pak-Afg in Chepauk on Monday (extended holiday for me because of Ayudh Puja, Dussehra etc), this time the Ram Singh gate, will check out Govt Estate metro...after that when I am in one of the eastern stands, proximity to Chepauk station may help. 

Are you planning to attend any India games?

It seems that they will release tickets every Monday now.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Are you planning to attend any India games?

It seems that they will release tickets every Monday now.

I don't want to travel long distances. Lightweight match Ind-Neth in Chinnaswamy, so not interested. Really wanted to attend Ind-Aus but couldn't get ticket. 

Edited by Gollum
16 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Hated that water was priced at 100rs a bottle at Motera if you brought it from the kiosk and 50rs for a 300ml paper cup where you were sitting. One of the ro water taps was slow as a drip so you had to wait 1 hr to fill it with the bottle you purchased if you didn't want to buy another one. 

On 10/9/2023 at 1:00 AM, Bigg Brother said:

Whole ticket selling is nothing but sham totally. Just pure scam. How can you change the price of tickets according to different teams. India vs Pakistan tickets were starting from 2000 while others were at 1000.

How can we expect the crowd to fill up the stadium when the experience itself is shitty. I attended Eng vs NZ at Ahemdabad, the game was great and atmosphere was electric but apart from that who would even want to watch the match where you aren't allowed even water bottle and scumbugs inside stadium are selling 10 rupees bottle for 100. There should be limit to money minting. A couple from England who had come to watch match left early because there wasn't any basic requirements fulfilled. No water, pathetic dirty washrooms, hell even seats were stuffed up with dusts that the pukeworthy orange colour of seats wasn't even visible.

Motera is typical naam bade darshan chhote stadium. Big junk of cement, I have been to old stadium, and I can say, apart from the capacity nothing is improved. Old one was equally shitty.

Wanted to go for India vs Australia but won't be going.

Man it's the same in every stadium in the country .

I have watched over 15 Matches at 3 different venues both International matches (all 3 formats) and IPL matches in the country and trust me it's almost the same everywhere ,rather during the IPL every eatery Stall charge exorbitantly !

The crowd is heavy and unmanageable, seats (I use the 4/6 pamphlets over the seats) ,Washrooms etc are In pathetic state .

Delhi at least provides free drinking water facilities unlike the others ,in Guwahati a small glass of Water costed Rs30 lol.

So called sports reporters won't cover this pathetic situation, compared to these experiences shared I have had 5 star experiences in MLB games in the US, even though I couldn't care less for the actual game. 

Unless these experiences are highlighted during the WC nothing will change. But access journalism means nothing will happen. 

Edited by IndianRenegade
6 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

So called sports reporters won't cover this pathetic situation, compared to these experiences shared I have had 5 star experiences in MLB games in the US, even though I couldn't care less for the actual game. 

Unless these experiences are highlighted during the WC nothing will change. But access journalism means nothing will happen. 

They don't bother about match going experience in the IPL itself which is their golden goose, doubt they will care about it now. It's a legacy issue. 

On 10/16/2023 at 12:58 PM, rollingstoned said:

Hated that water was priced at 100rs a bottle at Motera if you brought it from the kiosk and 50rs for a 300ml paper cup where you were sitting. One of the ro water taps was slow as a drip so you had to wait 1 hr to fill it with the bottle you purchased if you didn't want to buy another one. 

Water was free at Motera.

There was no waiting. I was drinking 3 cups every 1-1.5 hr. It was hot day.

3 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Water was free at Motera.

There was no waiting. I was drinking 3 cups every 1-1.5 hr. It was hot day.

It wasn't for the first game. You must have drank from the ro taps, one of which was slow as a drip. Hard to believe they would have sold water free of cost for the Ind-pak game when they were selling it at the rates I mentioned for the opener. 

33 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

It wasn't for the first game. You must have drank from the ro taps, one of which was slow as a drip. Hard to believe they would have sold water free of cost for the Ind-pak game when they were selling it at the rates I mentioned for the opener. 

They had lot of water cans with dispensers like this. It isn't slow by any means.

51oPhKq+2SL._SL1134_.jpg