India vs Pakistan | Pre match discussion

15 minutes ago, Downtown said:

I'm absolutely fuming about what that idiot Haris Rauf did to Ishan Kishan the other day! Our batsmen need to utterly crush his bowling and ego, and he should be left feeling so embarrassed that he crawls into a hole and hides forever. Classless idiot! 

image.jpeg

Coward ran away after getting thrashed in second game on day 1 & didn't came back for reserve day. 

Phainta loading on 14th if all goes to plan. 

4 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Coward ran away after getting thrashed in second game on day 1 & didn't came back for reserve day. 

Phainta loading on 14th if all goes to plan. 

Just hope they have planned for Hasan. Shouldn't over-attack a guy who is bowling that accurately (70 % good length)and whose skiddy trajectory can cause problems.  Only Sharma can possibly take him on. Rauf and Shaheen will give opportunities to score off them.

12 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Just hope they have planned for Hasan. Shouldn't over-attack a guy who is bowling that accurately (70 % good length)and whose skiddy trajectory can cause problems.  Only Sharma can possibly take him on. Rauf and Shaheen will give opportunities to score off them.

Kishan will struggle against Hassan..  That Angle away from left hander with that wobble seam.  Kishan has zero foot movement.. He is better at those short arm jabs & cut pull. 

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Don't disagree, but where should Ashwin play next?

The only real spin track was Chennai and we don't play there anymore.

Makes it seem like he was just included for the Australia game.

Lucknow vs England, another spin pitch. Or against teams with lots of left handed bats. He generally does well vs NZ, so that's one game I would want to see him play, even if it's in Dharamsala. Their best players (Latham, Phillips, Mitchell) can't pick him, even Williamson and Conway seem to struggle against him albeit to a lesser extent than the other 3. 

4 hours ago, BanningHindu said:

There are voices to boycott this cricket match. From some Soldiers to some hardcore ruling party supporters, all are calling for it- on twitter. Decide for yourself if you would like to watch this drama.

What's happening on Twitter is the real drama. Ruling party's inner sanctum is arranging a concert in the middle of the tournament to hype the match and their supporters are grandstanding on twitter 

Edited by Serpico
11 minutes ago, Serpico said:

What's happening on Twitter is the real drama. Ruling party's inner sanctum is arranging a concert in the middle of the tournament to hype the match and their supporters are grandstanding on twitter 

Same lodus on twitter rant about Pappi Jhappi between players but are very silent when Pakistani team is being given royal reception in India & celebrations are organized by BCCI.  Only few with some shame are pointing it out. 

Fake keyboard patriots for a reason. 

1 minute ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

3rd seamer is Pandya right. Problem is Thakur cannot guarantee anywhere close to his full quota

Management will go with Thakur but that would be my team

I prefer Shami instead of both Thakur/Ashwin. Will give 10 overs and batting is not too worse than Thakur.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

I prefer Shami instead of both Thakur/Ashwin. Will give 10 overs and batting is not too worse than Thakur.

But that's a long tail on paper

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

It's the ideal bowling line-up and in reality batting may not be a big difference practically. However, I think mentally it makes a big difference. Top order batters likely to go harder seeing an Ashwin or THakur at #8 opposed to a Shami

7 minutes ago, IndiaWC8311 said:

But that's a long tail on paper

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

It's the ideal bowling line-up and in reality batting may not be a big difference practically. However, I think mentally it makes a big difference. Top order batters likely to go harder seeing an Ashwin or THakur at #8 opposed to a Shami

Shami has shown batting ability too. If no. 8 is required to bat too many overs its a lost cause anyway.

In  a way good that top order will bat cautiously not trusting Thakur

Form is critical.

Shardul in form can snag crucial wickets.

I just dont find him convincing tho.

He neither strengthens bowling nor batting right now.

If India wants to attack...

Go with 7 bats or pacer Shami.

If India wants to build an all round team

Play 3 spinners cos you get the best of both worlds (with our existing resources).

- The lower order can't slog but it can atleast hold the bat and plus we can expect two out of three spinners to come good.

- If theres a collapse, send Jaddu up the order.

If the pitch is dead as dodo, then maybe stack the batting or play shami depending upon your strategy.

By the second half of the tourney we shoukd have a clear idea what our XI is.