What's the point of Thakur?

Gollum

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

I agree.

Always wanted Prasidh in place of Shardul after seeing Prasidh breathe fire after his comeback.

Shardul is neither a proper bowler nor a proper batsman. 

he is also not a proper fielder or a proper cricketer. I don't know if he is a proper human being, although I hope so

8 hours ago, deathmonger said:

shami is a ceiling raiser

For sure.

8 hours ago, deathmonger said:

shardul is a floor raiser

There have been many matches where Shardul.has been very expensive or expensive with maybe a wicket or two or maybe no wickets.

And he has failed while batting or was not needed to bat. 

A proper bowler playing in his place might have actually raised the floor by putting in a more conservative bowling performance.

Edited by express bowling

Good to see the TM backing Shardul. They have had a plan and have stuck to it sincen the WC squad announcement. 

if the whiners of this forum had their way, Rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Iyer, Jadeja, Shami everyone would have been dropped (Shami was called past it and having lost his intensity just a few weeks back by some so called fans here). All this gang does is move from one player to another player, always looking for a target. If they can't find a player then the coaching staff is always there to attack and abuse.

21 hours ago, express bowling said:

Shardul's scores in his last 15 ODI innings spanning around 1.5 years. 

7 *

Is this the batting which warrants dropping Shami  ???

Or Ashwin depending on conditions ?

Actually Ashwin for any condition IMO.

On 10/23/2023 at 2:19 AM, vvvslaxman said:

If he had played we would have been chasing 340. Even with Thakur we could not have pulled hair.

Shardul makes sure each one of the members gets ample batting practice in the middle by donating runs at 10-12 rpo,Shardul even asks him to be bowled for his full quota

He himself makes sure by deliberately making single digit score

Such a team man,he said come do or die matches drop me for good

Well,when he's in every match is do or die situation :wp23:

On 10/23/2023 at 10:47 PM, cricspirit said:

Or Ashwin depending on conditions ?

Actually Ashwin for any condition IMO.

Unless Pandya is fully fit they ain't going with 2 fast bowlers. We only look at the picture of quota. But distribution of the 50 overs will be way more flexible if we have a fully fit Pandya. Until then 3 seamers + 2 spinners.

On 10/23/2023 at 4:20 PM, express bowling said:

Shardul's scores in his last 15 ODI innings spanning around 1.5 years. 

7 *

Is this the batting which warrants dropping Shami  ???

I almost 100% agree with you, would just like to look deeper at the double figure scores he made and if India had won and also what he contributed with the ball alongside those innings to give a full context.

India havent had the genuine all rounder for a while, that consistently bowls well, bowls 10 overs and also makes a good contribution with the bat.