What is India's best XI in the knockout matches now - considering form and pitches ?

I see only 7 players for now that can have fixed positions.

1- Rohit

2 -

3 - Kohli

4-

5-  KL Rahul ( Do not move him, Please)

6 -

7 - Jadeja 

8 -  

9 - Shami

10 -  Bumrah

10- Kuldeep

Rest positions -

2 -Gill  or Kishan could open 

4- If Iyer gets dropped Kishan or SKY could play here

6- SKY or Pandya takes this spot

8- Ashwin should take this but Thakur may come in as well. 

Assuming Iyer and Siraj get dropped and Pandya is fit, I would fill the remaining 4 positions with Gill, SKY, Pandya, Ashwin into spots 2, 4, 6 and 8 respectively.   Gives us 3 seam and spin options. 

35 minutes ago, goose said:

the first question is do we need a 6th bowling option. we didn’t have one today 

never know when it might be needed like bangladesh game.

kohli-rohit bowling and game is over.

main point of sport is to have as many contingencies as possible so that they come in use if needed. same thing with middle order in the last world cup.

3 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

FOR KO, 

MUST have 5 proper bowlers -Bumrah, Shami, Kuldeep, Jaddu, Siraj/Ash ( based on pitch) 

If fit , consider Hardik as a batsman at 4 (who will bowl if required) in place of Iyer. He can be as good as Iyer at present. 

That means you still have 6 batters + Jaddu & 5 Proper bowlers and Pandya in case needed for few overs .

In these pitches .Ashwin. Is capable of delivering 10..and batting is pretty good.

52 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Rohit (C)

Gill

Kohli

KL

Pandya

SKY

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

Kuldeep

M Shami

J Bumrah

Iyer has been disappointing as has GIll too.

I would be playing KIshan in the last few games to see who out of Iyer vs Kishan can perform.

I think this is the line up they will go with for SEMI and Final.

Hitman

Gill

Kohli

KL

Pandya

SKY

Jaddu

Kuldeep

Shami

Bumrah

Siraj/Ash

Depending on the surface and opposition will shape whether we play Siraj or Ash.

Gill

Rohit

Kohli

Sky

Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Shami

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Siraj

No need to shift Rahuls place from 5 to 4, he is doing well there.

Iyers weakness has been exploited by every team, he should be removed from playing eleven, sky can take his place, that way he will bat at his t20 position only and we can hope for an explosive innings.

Shami has shown that he is just too good, all our pacers should play.

38 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Gill

Rohit

Kohli

Sky

Rahul

Pandya

Jadeja

Shami

Bumrah

Kuldeep

Siraj

No need to shift Rahuls place from 5 to 4, he is doing well there.

Iyers weakness has been exploited by every team, he should be removed from playing eleven, sky can take his place, that way he will bat at his t20 position only and we can hope for an explosive innings.

Shami has shown that he is just too good, all our pacers should play.

I would rather move Jadeja at 4 he's useless down ,now onwards we will be having tough games

Jadeja on fall of early wickets can hold the ship,SKY is high risk player ,should come at 6-7

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I would rather move Jadeja at 4 he's useless down ,now onwards we will be having tough games

Jadeja on fall of early wickets can hold the ship,SKY is high risk player ,should come at 6-7

While I do agree with your theory here, the fact remains all of this should of been experimented on during meaningless irrelevant bilateral tournaments.

Not sure now is the right time to be trailing a different batting order.

20 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

While I do agree with your theory here, the fact remains all of this should of been experimented on during meaningless irrelevant bilateral tournaments.

jadeja can bat at 5 without much issue. has done it time and again in domestics, and even has experience doing so in tests

25 minutes ago, Vijy said:

ashwin should get more games to get into rhythm. he will be needed in at least 1 KO match IMO

India's preference is to wait until its too late and its finals and then experiment with the team.

Against SL, SA and Netherlands, India must give game time to its bench players, its beyond the Madness of Indian Cricket that if they dont and wait till finals to do this.

Shami should be given a break, he is an uncle that breaks down very easily. Even Uncle Rohit should be given a break from one of the games.

Ash, Lord and Kishan must all play in the next few games. Only then can India decide its best combination for the Semi's.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Agree 100 %. 

Jadeja would do the job at no.4  He doesnt have any big holes in his batting. Having a left hander at 4 would be a brilliant move.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Can be done in remaining matches itself,Jadeja is anyway quite acquainted to holding job

There is no other way,you can't have SKY in 10/2 or 1/2 or in any of the shaky starts

This way we can utilise Jadeja better, he's deer in the headlights down the order

And SKY can come to his usual position,that is stay no more than 10-15 overs,then we have Pandya to do hitting job with him

29 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

India's preference is to wait until its too late and its finals and then experiment with the team.

Against SL, SA and Netherlands, India must give game time to its bench players, its beyond the Madness of Indian Cricket that if they dont and wait till finals to do this.

Shami should be given a break, he is an uncle that breaks down very easily. Even Uncle Rohit should be given a break from one of the games.

Ash, Lord and Kishan must all play in the next few games. Only then can India decide its best combination for the Semi's.

Rohit must bat as much as he can ,his obese body will take time to sync

We should rather rest Boom,Siraj to freshen them

Shami too as fast bowlers have a hard task