Shubman Gill spotted partying in Mumbai during CWC

Texan

Many news sites reporting about Shubman Gill spotted partying at a Jio event in Mumbai. Not to go into his personal life: he can do what he wants, but we are in the middle of a cricket World Cup. Shouldn't there be some restrictions on the players during the most important event of the last 4 years? Moreover, Gill's form has been very patchy at best in this WC. Shouldn't distractions such as these be avoided?

Gill should realize that he first needs to make a career in cricket before enjoying the glitz and glamor of the industry. 

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Many news sites reporting about Shubman Gill spotted partying at a Jio event in Mumbai. Not to go into his personal life: he can do what he wants, but we are in the middle of a cricket World Cup. Shouldn't there be some restrictions on the players during the most important event of the last 4 years? Moreover, Gill's form has been very patchy at best in this WC. Shouldn't distractions such as these be avoided?

Gill should realize that he first needs to make a career in cricket before enjoying the glitz and glamor of the industry. 

It wasn't a party, it was an event to inaugurate the new Jio Mall at BKC.

4 hours ago, Mariyam said:

It wasn't a party, it was an event to inaugurate the new Jio Mall at BKC.

@Texan 

Just for your knowledge.

Anything to do with Mumbai Indians, Reliance and affiliates like Jio....etc even involving the most oblique relations like - Shubman Gill dating the daughter of a Mumbai Indians India legend, SRT   -- you will find your self up against extraordinary ( adversarial ) attorney  i.e. @Mariyam

She is the guardian for all things Mumbai Indians - even far off relations/connections.

:mi:           :cantstop:

Edited by rangeelaraja

4 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

@Texan 

Just for your knowledge.

Anything to do with Mumbai Indians, Reliance and affiliates like Jio....etc even involving the most oblique relations like - Shubman Gill dating the daughter of a Mumbai Indians India legend, SRT   -- you will find your self up against extraordinary ( adversarial ) attorney  i.e. @Mariyam

She is the guardian for all things Mumbai Indians - even far off relations/connections.

:mi:           :cantstop:

Thanks for reminding me! I hope I am not getting a legal notice now. :vroam:

13 hours ago, Texan said:

What is the difference? If you look at the pictures, they look like a party to me.

A party would involve some drinks and dancing. 

An inaugural event is basically a photo shoot, a meet and a greet. Say your hi/hellos and fake laugh at Ambani's jokes to appear polite.

The latter should be permissible during a WC.

24 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

An inaugural event is basically a photo shoot, a meet and a greet. Say your hi/hellos and fake laugh at Ambani's jokes to appear polite.

Neither should be permitted. It is not possible for the team management to scrutinize and find out whether they had a drink and/or did a dance move during that event. He should keep all personal events at bay until the World Cup is over. Only official team events where the entire team is invited should be allowed.

22 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The confidence with which you are describing and expressing knowledge about Shubman's whereabouts and what was and was not in the Jio Mall ...you sound like an insider.  Perhaps a legal counsel or advisor of  Reliance Inc.

I have deleted all anti Mumbai Indian posts. Hope I won't be in a legal soup when I visit Mumbai.

Mukku Uncle is India's greatest industrialist.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

That is true but still not a good precedent.

I used to be a prude about this kind of stuff, but realized that each person does it their way. For every Dravid and Sachin, there is a Shastri and Sandeep Patil. And Shane Warne. Hardcore partiers who delivered when it counted.  As long as they are able to juggle it all - compartmentalize, work while you work, play while you play - without adversely affecting the team's goals, so be it.

7 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I used to be a prude about this kind of stuff, but realized that each person does it their way. For every Dravid and Sachin, there is a Shastri and Sandeep Patil. And Shane Warne. Hardcore partiers who delivered when it counted.  As long as they are able to juggle it all - compartmentalize, work while you work, play while you play - without adversely affecting the team's goals, so be it.

I agree with you. It is a long tournament, and they need a break. But I would not put Shastri and Patil in same category as Dravid, Tendulkar and Warne.

11 hours ago, Texan said:

Neither should be permitted. It is not possible for the team management to scrutinize and find out whether they had a drink and/or did a dance move during that event. He should keep all personal events at bay until the World Cup is over. Only official team events where the entire team is invited should be allowed.

That's draconian. And unnecessary.

Shubman played well today. Lets give him some respect.

He is not a dunce who has no semblance of self control and would waste himself drinking before a game.

He knows what he has to do. And he is focused.

If he chose to spend his off time attending an inauguration, whats wrong with it?

18 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

That's draconian. And unnecessary.

Shubman played well today. Lets give him some respect.

He is not a dunce who has no semblance of self control and would waste himself drinking before a game.

He knows what he has to do. And he is focused.

If he chose to spend his off time attending an inauguration, whats wrong with it?

It's not just about Shubman, but about setting rules. Why is it draconian? I didn't say that he can't meet anyone. If anyone wants to meet a player, they should allow visitors in the team hotel. If all players start going out and returning whenever they like, it will create a problem for TM to manage. For an event like the World Cup, it is important for players to remove all distractions.