AAJ TAK: Team India taking a 4 day Diwali break and players returning to respective homes

I wonder if this is good or bad....a break is needed to rejuvenate, but I wish the team were united in taking a break and went on an outing together along with the team managment.

I just hope there is no stupid freak incident ( like Maxwell concussion playing Golf ).

Its just one more week guys....stay together to remain focussed .

5 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

I wonder if this is good or bad....a break is needed to rejuvenate, but I wish the team were united in taking a break and went on an outing together along with the team managment.

I just hope there is no stupid freak incident ( like Maxwell concussion playing Golf ).

Its just one more week guys....stay together to remain focussed .

when they go home, it always worries me that someone will do a Pant (i.e., something stupid and rash). Would have preferred them to stay under watchful eyes of TM. yes, it would suck to miss diwali, but WC is a higher priority

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

play to potential, have first choice XI, we win... one or both of these goes wrong, we lose

a lot has to go wrong for us to lose.

ultimately sport is a game about probabilities/conditions. you fill your team with players and hope that 4/5 come good.

thing is we are so far ahead that lot has to go wrong. if even if a bit goes wrong, we can still win heavily.

australia, england, new zealand, even the pakistan game - were in trouble at certain times. but because we were so strong came back.

play to potential is a heavy win. have to be way below potential to lose.

even in AC pak and final won easily but against SL super 4 had issues, came back. Pak group stage game, came back (and would have won).

2019 SF with conditions helping NZ, top order collapse, green MO, shami out, kuldeep loss of form we almost made a game out of it.

1 minute ago, deathmonger said:

a lot has to go wrong for us to lose.

ultimately sport is a game about probabilities/conditions. you fill your team with players and hope that 4/5 come good.

thing is we are so far ahead that lot has to go wrong. if even if a bit goes wrong, we can still win heavily.

australia, england, new zealand, even the pakistan game - were in trouble at certain times. but because we were so strong came back.

play to potential is a heavy win. have to be way below potential to lose.

even in AC pak and final won easily but against SL super 4 had issues, came back. Pak group stage game, came back (and would have won).

2019 SF with conditions helping NZ, top order collapse, green MO, shami out, kuldeep loss of form we almost made a game out of it.

we almost made a game out of 2019 SF because NZ also played below par. to win, not only do we need to do well, we also need opposition to be ideally subpar

14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

we almost made a game out of 2019 SF because NZ also played below par. to win, not only do we need to do well, we also need opposition to be ideally subpar

Naah they played to their level.

They were a 240 team that entire world cup. Lost heavily to a lot of sides.

Even in beginning of year got destroyed 4-1 by India (w/o Bumrah). That 1 win came in swinging conditions which was replicated that day.

2019 batting before semi only top 3 had scored runs. Dhoni had a 50 and he got one more in the semi. Dhawan/Jadhav got injured/didn't play. So when top 3 went, there was nothing left - Pandya, Pant, DK were averaging poorly and hadn't even had a single 50 between them.

This time all of the top 5 are averaging well except Gill who still is on a okish 36.50 with two 50s. Jadeja also has batted well in 3/4 innings.

2019 bowling only Bumrah and Shami were good before semis averaging 19.52 and 13.78 respectively. And Shami didn't play. Bumrah did relatively well in semi. All the others had high averages with the best being Bhuvi at 32.28, Chahal was at 34.45, Pandya 43.55, Jadeja 40.

This time 4/5 have insane averages and economy rates and even the worst Siraj is at 31.7 with ER 5.23.

Not saying we WILL win but we have to play well below potential to lose.

9 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

2019 batting before semi only top 3 had scored runs. Dhoni had a 50 and he got one more in the semi. Dhawan/Jadhav got injured/didn't play. So when top 3 went, there was nothing left - Pandya, Pant, DK were averaging poorly and hadn't even had a single 50 between them.

This time all of the top 5 are averaging well except Gill who still is on a okish 36.50 with two 50s. Jadeja also has batted well in 3/4 innings.

2019 bowling only Bumrah and Shami were good before semis averaging 19.52 and 13.78 respectively. And Shami didn't play. Bumrah did relatively well in semi. All the others had high averages with the best being Bhuvi at 32.28, Chahal was at 34.45, Pandya 43.55, Jadeja 40.

This time 4/5 have insane averages and economy rates and even the worst Siraj is at 31.7 with ER 5.23.

Not saying we WILL win but we have to play well below potential to lose.

that's true. this time we would need to play even more below potential than 2019