India please learn from Sri Lanka's Mathews mistake.

SRT100

This is a great lesson here for the Indian batsmen to learn from Mathews here, be quick and be ready to bat at the strikers end when a dismissal happens.

I get the feeling that this will happen again and a batsman will be timed out in the finals. Can you imagine in a big final if say a Kohli, SKY takes forever to take strike and is timed out?

Mathews is unlucky, some batsmen have taken an eternity to be ready and Im sure there was one game where Kohli even alerted the umpires to this. However no timed out was given.

Im sure a Kohli fan will remind us who it was against?

4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

This sort of dismissal will only happen once at international level. You're being really greedy to expect happen it again in two weeks, that too in the final 

Actually no.

Firstly it was actioned by Bangladesh which they could have easily have redacted as it was not really in the "spirit" of the game, so if you think if India played Pakistan and they had the chance to do this to India that they wouldnt in a SEMI or Final?

Dont for a moment think Australia wouldnt do this either against India, they have a win at all costs mentality.

I wouldnt want India to do it, but I can see it being done onto them.

6 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Actually no.

Firstly it was actioned by Bangladesh which they could have easily have redacted as it was not really in the "spirit" of the game, so if you think if India played Pakistan and they had the chance to do this to India that they wouldnt in a SEMI or Final?

Dont for a moment think Australia wouldnt do this either against India, they have a win at all costs mentality.

I wouldnt want India to do it, but I can see it being done onto them.

Its not about whether they want to do it. Just like how we get nightmares about missing exams, being late to interviews etc, cricketers think about this scenario a lot of times in their lives and make sure it doesn't happen. After this incident they'll double check equipment twice before going in. It won't happen again anytime soon

JhDTJkS.jpg

3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Its not about whether they want to do it. Just like how we get nightmares about missing exams, being late to interviews etc, cricketers think about this scenario a lot of times in their lives and make sure it doesn't happen. After this incident they'll double check equipment twice before going in. It won't happen again anytime soon

JhDTJkS.jpg

You could argue the same about Mankad, players walking away from their crease when the ball is not dead, etc etc, things happen and I can see this tactic being employed or tested against India.

It will unsettle them, it will rattle them. Its naive to think it wont happen at all in finals.

9 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

You could argue the same about Mankad, players walking away from their crease when the ball is not dead, etc etc, things happen and I can see this tactic being employed or tested against India.

It will unsettle them, it will rattle them. Its naive to think it wont happen at all in finals.

Mankad happens because batsmen deliberately try to take advantage. There's no advantage in being late to the crease. There's a reason next batsman sits for hours with pads on, in the dugout/dressing room. To avoid this exact scenario 

39 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Mankad happens because batsmen deliberately try to take advantage. There's no advantage in being late to the crease. There's a reason next batsman sits for hours with pads on, in the dugout/dressing room. To avoid this exact scenario 

Thank you.

You just demonstrated to me your understanding of cricket.

There is a huge advantage in being late to the crease, the bowling side has just taken a wicket and has all the momentum and energy from that. By taking your time you not only give yourself more time to prepare for the next ball but you reduce that momentum lift that the bowling side has.

Batsmen dont sit for hours in the dugout, this is an ODI.

7 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Thank you.

You just demonstrated to me your understanding of cricket.

There is a huge advantage in being late to the crease, the bowling side has just taken a wicket and has all the momentum and energy from that. By taking your time you not only give yourself more time to prepare for the next ball but you reduce that momentum lift that the bowling side has.

Batsmen dont sit for hours in the dugout, this is an ODI.

Really..waiting 3 mins instead of 2 mins is going to take all the momentum away from the bowlers..ok got it ..your highly elevated sense of understanding of the game

9 hours ago, straighttalk said:

Really..waiting 3 mins instead of 2 mins is going to take all the momentum away from the bowlers..ok got it ..your highly elevated sense of understanding of the game

I dont expect you to even remotely fathom Adrenalin levels and the impact that has on performance.

Your backward education has not provided you with the platform to make a cogent argument here.

On 11/7/2023 at 3:50 PM, SRT100 said:

I dont expect you to even remotely fathom Adrenalin levels and the impact that has on performance.

Your backward education has not provided you with the platform to make a cogent argument here.

Haha..ya dude..if you even fathom my level of education you wouldn't open your mouth here ..better make fun of my armchair cricketing skills..you got a much more cogent argument there...my cricketing skills might be lower than yours

Anyhow use your logic how adrenaline drop.. goes down from 3 to 2 mins..how time outs for ads..over breaks..injury breaks..drink breaks etc does not impact it but new batsman arrival does.. if you said it breaks batsman flow rhythm or concentration...that makes sense but yep the extra one min affects only the bowling teams rhythm is ever educational to me and others

To be clear this rule is there so that people do no waste time and take 50 mins to come in. To ensure over rate is maintained. It is not there to maintain biochemical momentum. 2 to 3 mins is not going to impact only bowling teams momentum. More time is wasted due to drinks injuries ads planning field placement etc. So keep you bs logic that this rule is there to maintain biochemical integrity. While adrenaline level drops..that is not the reason for the rule. In this case mathews was in the field..his equipment broke...  instead of 2 mins..if it took 3 mins

.Bangla adrenaline would not have dropped drastically.

Edited by straighttalk

Memory of this dismissal is fresh in everyone's mind and I am sure TM will enforce some rules around next batsman being ready (with helmet tested) before a wicket falls. Helmet must be worn immediately at the fall of the wicket so that in case a strap breaks, it can be replaced immediately when batsman is still in the pavilion.