Proud of team India

Mariyam

12 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Yes I know we had a terrible game. We batted like we were afraid. Our bowling was subpar after the first 10 overs. We didn't field well. And all of that.

But I'm very proud of the way this team has performed all through the tournament. No controversy, no crazy comments,only stellar cricket all along.

Well played India.

:isalute:

Thank You Mariyam!

The boys really did well.

It's just that the Cricketing Gods dont want us to win anything

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Don't disagree with anything you've said. However:

1) That there are 5-6 good teams is not our making. We can only play who ever we are pitted against. If the wider world is uninterested in the sport, it doesn't demean the sport. Would you say something similar about Basketball or that strange American sport where grown men in gear run into each other? Practically no one else plays that. Ditto a game like Kabaddi or Antakshiri.  Low geographic spread of a sport doesn't devalue it.

Few people playing the game was something that has been true for 50+ years. Its not a today problem. If anything, we have Afghanistan emerge as a decent side.

It's not our making that there are only 5 or 6 good teams in cricket.

It's our making that we have lost in the Finals and Semi-Finals of SIX ICC Tournaments in the last 4 years and a bit, DESPITE the fact that there are only 5 or 6 good teams in cricket. 

2) Winning every league game in a stellar fashion is not the objective. But now that it happened, doesn't it mean we played well? Our 2019 campaign was a joke compared to this. In one of the earlier WCs we needed other teams to win/lose to qualify. Our players played out of their skin here. Especially the bowlers: the fast bowlers YOU support all these years.

Human beings are unable to sustain high intensity for a long time.  Most of us know it, and we have had to manage our workloads and studying intensity for important exams. The guy / gal who finished revising everything twice, 15 days before the exams, did not necessarily do that well.

Top international sportsmen know this too, and they have to practice peaking at the busuness end of big tournaments. Otherwise, winning is not possible.

I support the quality of our Fast bowlers and cherish how they have done in big Test series away from home. But both our bowlers and batters could have tried to take it a bit easy in the last 2 league games, after we qualified ... and come back with full intensity in the last 2 games.

3) I read a lot of point three here. We have been losing for 10 years in finals/semi finals. In general, what happened 10 years ago has no bearing on what will happen today. Barring one or two players the entire team is different. Yes its a bad record, but its not indicative of anything. 

The core of our LOI Team is largely same for the last 7 to 8 years 

LOI Career spans of our top cricketers

Rohit .. 16 years

Kohli .. 15 years

Jadeja .. 14 years

Shami .. 11 years

Bumrah .. 8 years

Hardik .. 8 years

Rahul .. 7 years 

Kuldeep .. 7 years 

I'm hurting just as much as the next guy/gal. However, to say that we didn't play good over the tournament is UNFAIR.

They played well.  But playing well is not the objective in big tournaments.

Qualifying for the Semis somehow and then playing really well and with amazing intensity, to win the last 2 games, is the objective. 

Edited by express bowling
29 minutes ago, Texan said:

Meanwhile if you check Aussie news sites, they are not even reporting about the World Cup triumph in their top 3-4 stories. They have already relegated it to the inside pages or linked after scrolling through the first few news items. 

I said it on here well before the game itself and most didnt believe me.

No one really cares about Australia winning the WC. lol. :hysterical:

No one at work even mentioned the cricket.

It makes India's spineless performance even worse.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

They played well.  But playing well is not the objective in big tournaments.

Qualifying for the Semis somehow and then playing really well and with amazing intensity, to win the last 2 games, is the objective. 

This concept is foreign in India.

In Australia its part of our culture because our winter sports have this scenario all the time.

Play just enough to make Finals, then peak.

As you mentioned, Sportsmen cannot perform at elite level for such a long period of time.

Madness of Indian Cricket to not rotate players at some stage, India payed the ultimate price, catastrophic failure.

10 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I said it on here well before the game itself and most didnt believe me.

No one really cares about Australia winning the WC. lol. :hysterical:

No one at work even mentioned the cricket.

It makes India's spineless performance even worse.

Wow, is it that low key? At-least winning the WC should generate some buzz for a couple of days, right? 

1 minute ago, nevada said:

Wow, is it that low key? At-least winning the WC should generate some buzz for a couple of days, right? 

Not really.

I mean its covered in sports and probably be the headlines in the news tonight, but after that, it will be like it never happened.

Australia is very laid back and sedate.

Any Indian on here living in Australia will tell you the same thing I am saying. Australians really dont care much at all.

The Rugby and AFL are the biggest sports here and that would lead to street celebrations, fireworks and parties on the night of the victory.

Losing to a side that had Starc, Warner, Smith, Marnus, Hazlewood, Cummins, Maxwell, Zampa and a monster player in Travis Head is not the worst in the world. 

They are either already great or on their way to greatness in one format or the other.

Many had already won a previous World Cup, a World T20 and a WTC.

This Australian side is a great side, just that we refuse to appreciate them for god knows what reason.

On the other hand in 2017 CT final, we lost to a team that had Azhar Ali, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Hasan Ali and Junaid Khan.   A who's who of absolute nobodies across formats and time . :hysterical:

Lost a Semifinal to NZ who had mediocrities like Colin de Grandhomme, Tom Latham and Henry Nicholls.

Lost to SL in World T20 final against an attack which had Kulasekara, Mathews and Senanayake as bowlers:hysterical:

WTC final where we got outskilled by medium pacers like Southee and another Test side involving CDG

This loss is not even in the same ball park as those.

5 hours ago, SRT100 said:

This concept is foreign in India.

In Australia its part of our culture because our winter sports have this scenario all the time.

Play just enough to make Finals, then peak.

As you mentioned, Sportsmen cannot perform at elite level for such a long period of time.

Madness of Indian Cricket to not rotate players at some stage, India payed the ultimate price, catastrophic failure.

That dumb Dravid, not rotating against Netherlands was so stupid.

Sad to say in India no one at elite level understands sports.

The PR spin is so strong that I have given up on Indian fans like the one who started this thread. 

Absolute cultists. Same like BD supporters with their Nagin dances.

The team has no mental strength. 

Even in NZ game Rohit was panicking like a buffoon and until Shami came and took wickets looked clueless.

The reality is sports at international level is more mental than physical.

Need to use your experience to edge out your opponents.

Rohit, Kohli, Rahul, Iyer or even Gill, SKY are not newbies like Jaiswal or Rinku Singh who have bullied in IPL and lost in finals.

They have many worldcups and pressure situations under their belt.

And still bottled it.

I would have at least respected if it was a close encounter where India scored 280 and Aussies chased with 7 wickets down like what happened in SA vs. AUS semi final where SA made Aussies struggle for the win.

This was a trashing so bad that the whole team needs to be sacked for succumbing to pressure and making brainless decisions.

Yet we see posts like "feel sorry for Rohit and Kohli crying". If they feel so bad retire from the sport like Michel Clarke or Hussey did when they knew they are past their prime.

Indian fans like other Desi fans are the biggest cult worshippers ever.

Fans have the right to demand a sensible and logical approach to a sports team way of going about. Why cant fans demand that their metric of claiming their team is great be dependent of how many world championships they have won?

This loser mentality of 'taking part that counts' over winning finals and cups which will mean India will always remain in the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sporting results. Posters can troll vote this but doing so wont change the truth or the future if this continues

I think I get it now. Should support our side only when they win the tournaments. Not worthy of support otherwise.

That would make for less loser threads.

Amirite?

No, you are not. Patently wrong in this case.

The issue is underperformance. This was hands down the best team in the tournament and they lost. It is a day of grief and sorrow.

@coffee_rules you have used this thread to troll like many posts on here.

So you are genuinely proud of the teams performance?

I wonder if the IPL didnt exist if you would think differently?

The IPL gives Indian fans the opportunity to celebrate a trophy win every year, that satisfaction also has a detrimental effect on the importance of Team India winning.

6 hours ago, Khota said:

^^^This

I don't understand this India did well crowd. 

They have LOSERS written all over their face.

Being proud of India's performance is what is the symptomatic problem of the current generation of woke people.

If India fought hard and lost, I would be genuinely proud. It was a humiliating effort in the Final.