Phasing out of Indian test seniors

10 hours ago, harpicP said:

Lol!!

Surf excel turbo blaster motu boy

Partidar

Sundar

Pradosh

Jurel

All of them seem good and better than gilly ans iyer. 

Atleast in Asia. 

Don't mind saurab kumar either. 

Motuman is the best of the lot. a true plus-sized model

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin and Rohit should be first to go, too old, too slow, too weak. Anyway Shami has an ankle surgery, doubt we'll see him again. Just win this damn series, I am sure NZ will get ragdolled later this year. 

Kane Willy will find some reason not to play the series, as will Conway. Ravindra may do okay though.

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Kane mama is one cunning fellow, knows very well how to protect his inflated stats. 

I think he will finish with higher avg than Stewie, and all these stats-quoters on ICF will hype him up as greater than Stewie, much like how some here think Imran is a better bowler than Hadlee because of same avg.

Edited by Vijy

To phase out seniors effectively, potentially good quality substitutes must be brought in. And that has started happening only in this series with the introduction of Jurel, Akashdeep and Sarfraz.

As @tweaker always says, the new players brought in are usually below par options who are " placeholders " for the missing Seniors. They are there just to " protect " the places of the unavailable seniors. Bharat was there so that KL could claim.his place as a keeper batsman if his batting form was not top notch. Now, with Jurel, it won't be easy. And so on.

To replace Ashwin, we need an effective off-spinner strike bowler who can bat at 8. Washington isn't that guy as he is not a strike bowler in  red ball cricket 

Who is the effective opening batsman who will replace Rohit ?  One way is Rahul and Jaiswal opening in tests. Gill and Jaiswal can open in LOIs. 

Pradosh Paul .. batter who can bowl 

Harshit Rana .. fast bowler who can bat

Mayank Yadav .. accurate express pacer

Manav Suthar .. SLA who can bat

Suyash Sharma .. leg spinner who gets turn

.. must be bought in.

Other high quality players too. Not mediocres like Bharat, Mukesh, Avesh, Unadkat etc. 

Need a high quality off-spinner all-rounder.

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

I think he will finish with higher avg than Stewie, and all these stats-quoters on ICF will hype him up as greater than Stewie, much like how some here think Imran is a better bowler than Hadlee because of same avg.

He is like miandad. Perfectly stat pads. Miandad was good but the best from pak. Younis would be.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

To phase out seniors effectively, potentially good quality substitutes must be brought in. And that has started happening only in this series with the introduction of Jurel, Akashdeep and Sarfraz.

As @tweaker always says, the new players brought in are usually below par options who are " placeholders " for the missing Seniors. They are there just to " protect " the places of the unavailable seniors. Bharat was there so that KL could claim.his place as a keeper batsman if his batting form was not top notch. Now, with Jurel, it won't be easy. And so on.

To replace Ashwin, we need an effective off-spinner strike bowler who can bat at 8. Washington isn't that guy as he is not a strike bowler in  red ball cricket 

Who is the effective opening batsman who will replace Rohit ?  One way is Rahul and Jaiswal opening in tests. Gill and Jaiswal can open in LOIs. 

.. must be bought in.

Other high quality players too. Not mediocres like Bharat, Mukesh, Avesh, Unadkat etc. 

there are barely any off spinners worthy of note. I like Dodiya (he's still raw at 22) but cannot bat at all. Pulkit Narang can bowl decently, and bats a bit, but seems like a typical domestic bowler. Jalaj Saxena is over the hill now.

Saransh Jain has done well over the last 3-4 yr with bat and ball - maybe the closest we have.

Just now, Kron said:

He is like miandad. Perfectly stat pads. Miandad was good but the best from pak. Younis would be.

younis khan also stat padded, as did zaheer abbas, saeed anway, mohd yousuf, and inzi. all did much better in SC.

I would say Hanif was perhaps their best bat, though not in terms of stats

47 minutes ago, express bowling said:

.. must be bought in.

We have Sai Sudharshan or Rohan Kunnummal as the options...one is a leftie and other a righty. Sai is more solid technically and Rohan is little flashy and aggressive, Jaiswal has both skills. Shaw potentially can also make a comeback.

Offspin cupboard is empty. Saransh Jain, Pulkit Narang & Jalaj Saxena are the only ones who has some success in domestics.

On the other hand for left arm spinners we have Suthar & Sai Kishore. We also have an option of Nishant Sindhu who is turning out to be a very fine allrounder, may even become the batting allrounder which we're searching in Washington Sundar.

Edited by singhvivek141
45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

.. must be bought in.

With the success of Jurel,Akashdeep,Sarfaraz, Jaiswal the captain, coach ,team management, selectors will.believe that there are quality players available in the domestic cricket. 

The selectors can be brave and select Paddikal in the playing 11 in next test.

Sen,Tyagi, are even not playing for their Ranji teams,if they had done well they could have been tried for Dharamshala test.

Now a core good young test ie

Opener           Jaiswal

Middle order.  Sarfaraz

Wk batsman.   Jurel

Spinner.            Kuldeep

Fast bowler.     Akashdeep 

have been found out supported by Bumrah,Gill.We can find the missing links and field a strong 11.

There should be plan to phase out Kohli,Rohit,Ashwin,Jadeja and Shami and their replacement should be identified and groomed.

The way Ashwin has been missing his lengths this series, I am reminded of Kumble being all over the place in 2008 BGT, a disaster series for him which made him call it quits despite India winning/dominating. Just like Kumble, Ashwin has a reputation for deadly accuracy, so this is a giveaway that his body has stopped co-operating. Initially after first couple of tests I thought he was consistently overpitching because their sweeps had affected him mentally. But even when they were on the defensive, he overpitched so many times ( @Lone Wolf also mentioned about it in match thread ), peak/prime Ashwin was immaculate with his lengths at least with probably no equal in the world, even if you felt his lines were sometimes too straight or there wasn't enough zip/body in his deliveries. 

Edited by Gollum
43 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The way Ashwin has been missing his lengths this series, I am reminded of Kumble being all over the place in 2008 BGT, a disaster series for him which made him call it quits despite India winning/dominating. Just like Kumble, Ashwin has a reputation for deadly accuracy, so this is a giveaway that his body has stopped co-operating. Initially after first couple of tests I thought he was consistently overpitching because their sweeps had affected him mentally. But even when they were on the defensive, he overpitched so many times ( @Lone Wolf also mentioned about it in match thread ), peak/prime Ashwin was immaculate with his lengths at least with probably no equal in the world, even if you felt his lines were sometimes too straight or there wasn't enough zip/body in his deliveries. 

yes, he is clearly declining. all over the place. body and mind have given up

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

I get a feeling kohli is done with cricket

That wc loss i think was mentally bad.

I don't think so. he stopped caring as much as before (about cricket) a while back, around covid-19. however, he is still playing

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

He was putting his body more into it in BGT in Aus 2021... Although he got injured before Gabba (back injury ig) ...  Now he is saying his knee is practically shot. 

His body is showing signs that terminal decline is inevitable and closer than ever.

I feel he wants one more crack at Aus & probably a WTC final in Lords....  He may want to retire on a high.  Rohit I feel is eyeing that as well. 

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

We have Sai Sudharshan or Rohan Kunnummal as the options...one is a leftie and other a righty. Sai is more solid technically and Rohan is little flashy and aggressive, Jaiswal has both skills. Shaw potentially can also make a comeback.

How is Sudarshan's back foot game against pace ?

I.am not sure about the back foot games against pace of Jurel and Sarfraz either. And this is very crucial outside Asia. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

How is Sudarshan's back foot game against pace ?

I.am not sure about the back foot games against pace of Jurel and Sarfraz either. And this is very crucial outside Asia. 

sarfaraz doesn't have much of a foot game (front/back). he is more like ranatunga.

Jurel looks fairly good. sudharsan is supposed to have some back foot game.