If you go by media, it would give impression that England is blowing away India in this series

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Murray was more consistent, Stan had a slightly higher peak, I rate Murray higher but when compared to Big 3 these 2 fall in the same bracket, somewhat. Apart from majors, Murray easily surpasses Stan whether it be Masters 1000s, ATP Finals, rankings, overall H2H against Big 3, number of deep runs, Olympic singles golds (x2). Stan's slam victories were more impressive for me, also helped by the fact that Nole was a good match up for peak Stan. 

del potro was another talent who got lost because of injuries. I still remember his savage beat down of nadal

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

del potro was another talent who got lost because of injuries. I still remember his savage beat down of nadal

Talent sure but he didn't have backhand, not even challenger level BH. Federer's stubbornness and ego to play FH vs FH against del Potro made him look much better than he was.

Murray and Stan had complete game, sure you can always point defects like Murray's second serve or Stan's ROS, but nothing as glaring as being completely useless in one wing. 

On 2/10/2024 at 1:22 AM, sensible-indian said:

I think we will move from strength to strength from here on.

My only fear is our kaptan.

Wostu fellow.

Toss and individual performances won us in 2nd test. Lose toss, we will play catch up and lose. I just wish Rohit guesses it right in the next three tests.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Toss and individual performances won us in 2nd test. Lose toss, we will play catch up and lose. I just wish Rohit guesses it right in the next three tests.

True. But i see us getting better.

Iyer is gone. No Kela.

Sarfraz is in. Jurel might be too. Jaddu will back.

Had Rohit kept it simple, margin of voctory in 2nd test would have been big. We gave too much away in the 4th innings.

Lets see.

50 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

True. But i see us getting better.

Iyer is gone. No Kela.

Sarfraz is in. Jurel might be too. Jaddu will back.

Had Rohit kept it simple, margin of voctory in 2nd test would have been big. We gave too much away in the 4th innings.

Lets see.

Even in Test1, if Kela and others had not gifted their wickets in I1 and taken more lead, 20 odd runs would be lesser to score in I2. But, that is all in hindsight. Who knows how much more England would have scored then. Definitely, we think back, England should be happy that we are not ruthless and underprepared unlike always. 

On 2/9/2024 at 9:50 PM, Gollum said:

English media at its finest.

Why it feels like England are beating India 2-0 despite the 1-1 scoreline

LINK

Lol..they didnt miss Pope's chances or if he didnt play that innings..tab bhi yehi bolte kya..

having said that..India is underperforming or their level is anyways low now..that is their expected performnce..lol

They were terming that over from flintoff as best over ever bowled, best ball ever bowled.  Its similar to how Ind sports jurno find v.niche records for Ind player--- Batter with such SR and that no. of runs/wkts on that certain day on solar calendar. 

Eng came to this tour with low expectation and they dominated first test, and Ind is an aging and depleting side

They all are part of broadcasting so every jurno overhype an sporting event

Edited by tapandrun
12 hours ago, Gollum said:

Talent sure but he didn't have backhand, not even challenger level BH. Federer's stubbornness and ego to play FH vs FH against del Potro made him look much better than he was.

Murray and Stan had complete game, sure you can always point defects like Murray's second serve or Stan's ROS, but nothing as glaring as being completely useless in one wing. 

remember soderling? another player with huge talent in some areas, and huge zero in others

Media is not wrong here.  Scoreline might be 1-1 on paper.  But Bazballers hv beaten the hell out of Indian bowlers and indian fans as the tournament has progressed.  Eng leading 2-1 (and eventually winning the series) looks likely unless a miracle happens.   

3 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Media is not wrong here.  Scoreline might be 1-1 on paper.  But Bazballers hv beaten the hell out of Indian bowlers and indian fans as the tournament has progressed.  Eng leading 2-1 (and eventually winning the series) looks likely unless a miracle happens.   

Ghanta... India have dominated 80% of this series except the day 5 batting collapse in Hyderabad chasing a below par total. 

Still a long way to go in this test too before we place the blades on our wrists.

2 hours ago, Frustrated said:

This thread is not going to age well.  Will it?  

Every single one of our bowlers is getting smashed.  Our captain's tactics are clueless.  Mentally we're not strong.  Let's see state of play at lunch tomorrow, it could easily be 350-370 for 3.

1 hour ago, maggot_brain said:

Every single one of our bowlers is getting smashed.  Our captain's tactics are clueless.  Mentally we're not strong.  Let's see state of play at lunch tomorrow, it could easily be 350-370 for 3.

If lead crosses 250,we may face a inning defeat

On 2/15/2024 at 8:16 AM, Vijy said:

remember soderling? another player with huge talent in some areas, and huge zero in others

Roger remembers him very well, sends him a gift check every anniversary of his earth shattering win against Nadal at RG!