17 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Will have to watch him more EB..in IPL he seemed to struggle to hit the short ones made merry on anything full. But what I saw in the first innings he looked so compact, something we could work with overseas

14 minutes ago, Lord said:

In IPL he looked comfortable vs pace.

Jurel handled Wood's bouncers quite well. Did not look flustered and left / defended well enough and played an upper cut for 6.

So he will survive on more occasions than not.

But in places like Australia and SA, and on any other bouncy pitches, it is better if a batter can actually attack the quicks by pulling and cutting.  He did not try either shot against Wood and this is one aspect I want to know more about regarding Jurel the batter. 

50 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Jurel handled Wood's bouncers quite well. Did not look flustered and left / defended well enough and played an upper cut for 6.

So he will survive on more occasions than not.

But in places like Australia and SA, and on any other bouncy pitches, it is better if a batter can actually attack the quicks by pulling and cutting.  He did not try either shot against Wood and this is one aspect I want to know more about regarding Jurel the batter. 

It was safe not to start pulling that time...  Packed leg side field...  There was virtually no incentive to pull. 

Even Rohit restrained himself when Similar tactics were adopted. 

Smaller sample size but at this point it was about whether he belongs at that level...  He passed with flying colors. 

I am surprised actually to see how well he kept.. Learnt fast on how to deal with Kuldeep. 

Superb reflexes vs Pace. 

8 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

It was safe not to start pulling that time...  Packed leg side field...  There was virtually no incentive to pull. 

Even Rohit restrained himself when Similar tactics were adopted. 

Smaller sample size but at this point it was about whether he belongs at that level...  He passed with flying colors. 

I am surprised actually to see how well he kept.. Learnt fast on how to deal with Kuldeep. 

Superb reflexes vs Pace. 

In terms of keeping, he looks better than MSD and Pant if we compare the latter duo in their debut tests. however, these are early days.

Might be too early to say, but he can be tried at no. 3 spot few times just to see if he can handle the new ball. Seems to me he has a much better technique & mentality compared to overhyped Gill. The way he stayed calm & handled the situation makes me believe that he can do that no. 3 as well. 

32 minutes ago, ShanS said:

Might be too early to say, but he can be tried at no. 3 spot few times just to see if he can handle the new ball. Seems to me he has a much better technique & mentality compared to overhyped Gill. The way he stayed calm & handled the situation makes me believe that he can do that no. 3 as well. 

keeper playing at no. 3 puts too much burden on them. but he could be tried at no. 5 or no. 6 easily

4 minutes ago, Kron said:

What a performance. Take a bow. Well done. Future star. 

Pant shoulf return anf just play as pure batter

Have jurel as keeper bat.

He will average 35 to 40 in sena i feel. And at home 50 plus

seems a bit high. I expect 35-40 batting avg overall. As for Pant, let's see if he can return to his previous level.

3 hours ago, ShanS said:

Great observation. On current form he is not worse than Gill and Patidar.

He can be tried at no 3 or 4 in this test

9 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Scored his first 50..a fighting one.

Really like his technique, seems like a high class batter with strong technique and mental calmness.

Seems we have unearthed here a long term prospect. :cheer:

It is one of the finest innings I have seen, he was so calm. Pity he did not score his maiden century.

40 minutes ago, tweaker said:

Great observation. On current form he is not worse than Gill and Patidar.

He can be tried at no 3 or 4 in this test

he should play at 4, and sarfaraz at 5. patidar can come at 7.