Resting Bumrah will be a bad move

Good move. What do we want? Another stress fracture and then him being out for a year?

Most quick bowlers are rotated these days in a 5 match series. 

On a side note, I want a turning track now for the 4th. England had their chances on these good batting tracks and they blew it. These self-entitled ‘bazball’ clowns need to be shown their place. Need complete demolition now. 

59 minutes ago, MK55 said:

On a side note, I want a turning track now for the 4th. England had their chances on these good batting tracks and they blew it. These self-entitled ‘bazball’ clowns need to be shown their place. Need complete demolition now

We aren't doing any favours to them by giving them "normal" wickets. We are much much stronger when we play on relatively flatter dry wickets and that should have been the norm ever since that 2016-17 home season.

1 hour ago, MK55 said:

Good move. What do we want? Another stress fracture and then him being out for a year?

Most quick bowlers are rotated these days in a 5 match series. 

On a side note, I want a turning track now for the 4th. England had their chances on these good batting tracks and they blew it. These self-entitled ‘bazball’ clowns need to be shown their place. Need complete demolition now. 

The only pitch which assisted spin was the Hyderabad game which India ended up losing. Indian batsmen are more vulnerable on a turning track especially if they have to bat last. They will have a much better chance on a flatter pitch but do we have the bowling resources to take 20 wickets without Bumrah ? Ashwin not at his best, Jadeja also nursing injury and Siraj is hit and miss. So have my doubts.

24 minutes ago, Norman said:

We aren't doing any favours to them by giving them "normal" wickets. We are much much stronger when we play on relatively flatter dry wickets and that should have been the norm ever since that 2016-17 home season.

I know we aren’t doing them a ‘favor’. I want a turning track for 1: A change and 2: To see how ‘bazball’ fares when the wicket is doing its thing. (And btw I know how it’s gonna perform)

And I know that that also comes with risks as it exposes our batters and gives their spinners a chance.

Besides that I also want a ‘fast’ track which hopefully Dharmsala can fulfill in the last.

9 minutes ago, srgadjon said:

The only pitch which assisted spin was the Hyderabad game which India ended up losing. Indian batsmen are more vulnerable on a turning track especially if they have to bat last. They will have a much better chance on a flatter pitch but do we have the bowling resources to take 20 wickets without Bumrah ? Ashwin not at his best, Jadeja also nursing injury and Siraj is hit and miss. So have my doubts.

Yeah I know all that. But I want these flat track ‘bazball’ delusional batters to be shown their place lol.

We’d still beat them. And also would want some variety in the pitches. And then I want to beat them on a fast track.

2 hours ago, MK55 said:

I want a turning track for 1: A change and 2: To see how ‘bazball’ fares when the wicket is doing its thing. (And btw I know how it’s gonna perform)

And risk possibly losing this series?

On turners, the gap between the spinners on both sides is minimal. And it also suits Bazball style as it's always better to attack on a turner and score as many as possible until you eventually get a grubber. 

17 hours ago, srgadjon said:

How confident can one be about Gill, Sarfaraz, Jurel and other inexperienced batsmen against Anderson and Wood at Dharamsala and that too in a decider. It's not a position that's in our favor to be honest.

Actually 50:50. These lads are young and they will adapt. I am firm believer that a young player has higher probability to adapting than a old lad. I am not worried as simply on basis of probability and age, i will say 1+ out of the three in ur list will score runs

21 minutes ago, Norman said:

We are doing that on normal good wickets already. We have just outbatted them by a mile on a flat Rajkot highway.

Actually, When faced with Bazball, you can unravel it by simply doing basics right.

Lets understand the philosophy of Bazball first and what it brings to table. Batsmen want to score runs so much so that they can get under pressure if they dont score in any given over. Back to back maiden and they loose it.

In first match our spinners were everywhere. IMO, when dealing with Bazball all you need to do is simply try bowling maiden over. The Bazball batsmen will themselves throw their wicket trying to score runs. Thats exactly what happened in day 3 of test 3. English bats got out when all they needed was either defend the ball or leave it.

Edited by mishra

Should be fine. The team is now confident enough with Jadeja Siraj back in bowling form, Gill finding his form, KL coming back and Sarfu going all guns blazing from his ball 1 in international cricket.

The only problem is this guy cribbing on instagram stories that he doesn't get support. While he is preserved like endangering species. Plays 35% of our games, sometimes misses out whole year but still in topmost paying contract category. BCCI spends all that money on his rehab and fitness in NCA. Not that it shouldn't be done but then he should know and acknowledge that he gets a lot of support.

4 hours ago, Norman said:

You are right and these type of wkts are the best for us but the problem is these type of wkts require strong batting line up , which we had in 2016 .

In that series , England won the toss 4 times iirc , batted first 4 times and raked up 3 scores of 400+ , it was our in form batsmen who stood up and plain outbatted England. 

Just imagine England winning the toss at Rajkot and vizag ,or just put our current batsmen in that 2016 series batting second while chasing 400+ first innings total ! 

I think we would capitulate .

Toss is a big factor , hopefully we win the toss in Ranchi 

20 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

It was needless to rest Bumrah here. There are only 2 marquee series this year.

Still can be managed.

Issue is that Rohit as a captain has a pretty poor understanding of the rhythm of test cricket.

He captained the WC ODI side like it was a Test side (in a structured and orderly manner) and captained the Test side like it was a T20 side (chaotic chopping and changing of bowlers that go against reason).

How did he manage test side like T20 ? He doesn’t have kohli, kl Rahul and Shreyas is out of form. That’s three players. He just tried to introduce younger players and they seem to be successful. ODI side he couldn’t do much because all the players were got at that time and were in form.

20 hours ago, srgadjon said:

How confident can one be about Gill, Sarfaraz, Jurel and other inexperienced batsmen against Anderson and Wood at Dharamsala and that too in a decider. It's not a position that's in our favor to be honest.

Bihar ke Lala..Mukesh Kumar will bring English batters down to their knees in Dharamshala.

1 hour ago, adi B said:

You are right and these type of wkts are the best for us but the problem is these type of wkts require strong batting line up , which we had in 2016 .

In that series , England won the toss 4 times iirc , batted first 4 times and raked up 3 scores of 400+ , it was our in form batsmen who stood up and plain outbatted England. 

Just imagine England winning the toss at Rajkot and vizag ,or just put our current batsmen in that 2016 series batting second while chasing 400+ first innings total ! 

I think we would capitulate .

Toss is a big factor , hopefully we win the toss in Ranchi 

If Patidar goes out and KL comes in , this is probably the strongest our batting has looked at home in the past 5 years. We should be fine on good batting surfaces.

13 minutes ago, Norman said:

If Patidar goes out and KL comes in , this is probably the strongest our batting has looked at home in the past 5 years. We should be fine on good batting surfaces.

seems almost a given if KL is recovered