Possible Test Squad for Aus 2024/25

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

A lot may change from now to then ... but based on the info we have now.

1.  Rahul

2. Jaiswal .. LHB 

3. Gill

4. Kohli

5. Pant  .. LHB / Sarfraz if Pant is not ok 

6. Jurel ( wk )

7. Jadeja .. LHB

8. Harshit Rana .. quick and low average pacer who can bat 

9. Akashdeep .. quick and low average pacer who can bat

10. Bumrah

11. Shami / Kuldeep in Sydney etc.

Who is kaptaan?

10 hours ago, Majestic said:

Jaiswal

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Pant(wkt)

KLR(wkt)

Jadeja

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

Others :-

Sarfaraz

Akash Deep

Jurel(wkt)

1 top order bat

Axar/Sundar( in case of Jaddu's injury)

On what basis would Pant be ahead of Jurel at this moment in time ? Pant was demoted from keeping even when he was fit and with his whole fitness and ability into question now, he gets to be the wicketkeeper ?!?

21 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

On what basis would Pant be ahead of Jurel at this moment in time ? Pant was demoted from keeping even when he was fit and with his whole fitness and ability into question now, he gets to be the wicketkeeper ?!?

Pant was demoted from keeping? Dude you are straight up lying now. And you realise we are talking about tests right? After the saha experiment for TWO years pant was the best keeper in the world and always outkeeping the opposition keeper in every series. 

Your point about his current fitness is fine but you don't need to lie about the past to make it.

Funniest thing is you pretend to be a sehwag fan but when we have similar type of player you crap all over him. Pant has 4 100s in Sena in countries where sehwag or laxman never had a single 100 or less than him 

His keeping at peak fitness and his batting both are a 100 times better than Jurel

Edited by New guy
10 minutes ago, New guy said:

Pant was demoted from keeping? Dude you are straight up lying now. And you realise we are talking about tests right? After the saha experiment for TWO years pant was the best keeper in the world and always outkeeping the opposition keeper in every series. 

LOL

He is a terrible keeper. 

10 minutes ago, New guy said:

Your point about his current fitness is fine but you don't need to lie about the past to make it.

Funniest thing is you pretend to be a sehwag fan but when we have similar type of player you crap all over him. Pant has 4-5 100s in Sena in countries where sehwag or laxman never had a single 100. 

His keeping at peak fitness and his batting both are a 109 times better than Jurel

Nope. Jurel is a far better batter with the tail and a far better keeper than Pant, who is ordinary as a keeper. 

15 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Pant was always a good keeper vs pace..he had issues against spin earlier but he improved leaps & bounds from 2021 onwards.

I won't call out now if he is better than Jurel in keeping, but he for sure a good keeper.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

No 10. is your captain.

If not him then there is Kamaal Lajawab Rahul.

No. 10 often goes under load management (as he should). So, that makes it difficult.

South Africa had a left-handed opener become kaptaan at age 21. I don't even remember how much success he had as a batsman when that happened. We have one such guy, who is also a successful and respected batsman already. Either him or #3.

20 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

No. 10 often goes under load management (as he should). So, that makes it difficult.

South Africa had a left-handed opener become kaptaan at age 21. I don't even remember how much success he had as a batsman when that happened. We have one such guy, who is also a successful and respected batsman already. Either him or #3.

I am all for left handed opener or no 3 as captain. But after the last brave decision of making young MSD a captain, I don't see that happening it again coz of the seniority culture.

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

I am all for left handed opener or no 3 as captain. But after the last brave decision of making young MSD a captain, I don't see that happening it again coz of the seniority culture.

It was not a brave decision at all. 2007 world t20 gave him that cache.Plus Dravid did not want to be captain and after Kumble retired in 2008 there was no one left so Dhoni became captain by default.

If tomorrow Rohit is gone as Kohli is done as captain. Gill or even Jaiswal will become captain.

Edited by putrevus

So with Bumrah, Harshit and Akashdeep, is there any point in the Aussies even playing the series? They will have been beaten before the series begins .....?

I mean Bumrah, Harshit, Akashdeep is better than peak Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop so why have the series - just give India the BG trophy?

But First.... but first.... the big beatdown to laydown on RoW by Indian IPL stars will be the T20 WC.

On 2/27/2024 at 3:08 AM, express bowling said:

A lot may change from now to then ... but based on the info we have now.

1.  Rahul

2. Jaiswal .. LHB 

3. Gill

4. Kohli

5. Pant  .. LHB / Sarfraz if Pant is not ok 

6. Jurel ( wk )

7. Jadeja .. LHB

8. Harshit Rana .. quick and low average pacer who can bat 

9. Akashdeep .. quick and low average pacer who can bat

10. Bumrah

11. Shami / Kuldeep in Sydney etc.

12.  Sudarshan .. LHB 

13.  Sarfraz 

14.  Padikkal .. LHB 

15.  Ashwin / Axar 

16.  Kuldeep 

17.  Prasidh / Himanshu Chauhan

18.  Siraj 

..  Need to move away from Rohit, Shardul, Mukesh etc.

..  Both Harshit Rana and Akashdeep are fast, tall, hit the deck, bouncy, have low FC averages and can bat somewhat. Need both of them in the playing 11.

..  I have alternating  RHB and LHB to make it tough for bowlers.

..  Siraj is blowing hot and cold these days.  Usually cold and rarely hot. No way should he be a first choice starter in the 11. 

..   Pant should not keep wickets. Infact, his batting ability after accident is not known either.  So, must keep backup. 

I like this one bhai..hope Harshit keeps on improving to make a mark..dont need Mukesh and Shardul in bowling there..

But I think selectors will pick Boom,Siraj,Akashdeep and Shami(based on fitness)..so Harshit may not make it in the xi..unless injury concerns in first xi..

16 hours ago, AKane said:

So with Bumrah, Harshit and Akashdeep, is there any point in the Aussies even playing the series? They will have been beaten before the series begins .....?

I mean Bumrah, Harshit, Akashdeep is better than peak Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop so why have the series - just give India the BG trophy?

But First.... but first.... the big beatdown to laydown on RoW by Indian IPL stars will be the T20 WC.

What? Sarcasm

On 2/28/2024 at 2:17 AM, Muloghonto said:

LOL

He is a terrible keeper. 

Nope. Jurel is a far better batter with the tail and a far better keeper than Pant, who is ordinary as a keeper. 

He was always an excellent keeper, he only made mistakes first year where dhoni fans were literally booing him, even dhoni made similar mistakes when he started. 

And yes someone who has 4 sena 100s before 25 years of age is an ordinary bat and Jurel is better. Pant literally batted with the tail to win the gAbba test against a much better attack at their home. 

Better stick to time pass section buddy. 

Edited by New guy

The 5 venues would probably be 

Adelaide, Brisbaine, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney.

For Adelaide, Scg and Mcg play both Jadeja and Ashwin. If one of them flops in two matches replace him with Sundar.

I am counting Pant out as I don’t see a chance of him being there.

In Gabba and Perth, we should go with this lineup:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jurel

Sundar

Jadeja

Shami / Akashdeep

Siraj 

Bumrah

In scg, Mcg and adelaide we will need Ashwin over Sundar.

Also spinners can operate even at 40+ and their job doesn’t require much fitness, Murali, Herath, Warne, Qadir all had a belly.

No reason to exclude Ashwin from the only away country where he actually wins matches.

30 minutes ago, Adamant said:

The 5 venues would probably be 

Adelaide, Brisbaine, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney.

For Adelaide, Scg and Mcg play both Jadeja and Ashwin. If one of them flops in two matches replace him with Sundar.

I am counting Pant out as I don’t see a chance of him being there.

In Gabba and Perth, we should go with this lineup:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jurel

Sundar

Jadeja

Shami / Akashdeep

Siraj 

Bumrah

In scg, Mcg and adelaide we will need Ashwin over Sundar.

Also spinners can operate even at 40+ and their job doesn’t require much fitness, Murali, Herath, Warne, Qadir all had a belly.

No reason to exclude Ashwin from the only away country where he actually wins matches.

Nice one.

Need 2 backup pacers too

Go with harshit, mayank