Possible Test Squad for Aus 2024/25

4 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Hope Jurel is not sacrificed for mental midget Kela. I am surprised prople have chosen kela over Jurel. Once a kela always a kela he can give orange cap performances here and there but he cant play insane inning like Jurel which he played in Ranchi just in his second test.

We have to see more of Jurel away from home to know if he is capable enough or not

37 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Jurel has already scored more runs under pressure than KL Rahul has done in his whole career.

Tbf rahul played 2 clutch knocks vs aussies in 2017. That was a great performace. 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

We have to see more of Jurel away from home to know if he is capable enough or not

We can only see once he will get chance. Your point is valid his game against spin is solid , he needs to be tested against good fast bowlers in overseas competitions but one thing he has is fighting spirit and he value his wkt, So i believe he should get chances on overseas your to build further on start which got and gain more experience playing on different pitches.

5 hours ago, Adamant said:

In Gabba and Perth, we should go with this lineup:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jurel

Sundar

Jadeja

Shami / Akashdeep

Siraj 

Bumrah

This is a stronger bowling lineup than the 1984 Windies with Marshall, Holding, Garner, Walsh vs the Kim Hughes led Aussies.....

Kim Hughes then cried in a press conference and resigned as captain.

Will Pat Cummins be made to cry by Bumrah, Harshit/Siraj/Shami, Akashdeep and co?

3 hours ago, Lord said:

We need a seam bowling AR. If Pandya is not bothered, need to move on and back youngsters.

Jaiswal

Rohit

Gill

Kohli

Pant/Jurel

Jadeja

Bawa/Arshin/Harshit (groom them now)

Shami

Kuldeep

Bumrah

Siraj

Bawa/Arshin/Harshit (groom them now) are these guys even playing ranjis now?

12 hours ago, New guy said:

He was always an excellent keeper, he only made mistakes first year where dhoni fans were literally booing him, even dhoni made similar mistakes when he started. 

And yes someone who has 4 sena 100s before 25 years of age is an ordinary bat and Jurel is better. Pant literally batted with the tail to win the gAbba test against a much better attack at their home. 

Better stick to time pass section buddy. 

And he did a pretty crappy job batting with the tail. His type of batsmen are not ideal to bat with the tail. And he has been a very mediocre keeper and still is a very mediocre keeper. Better keep to looking at stats page and not understanding the game, kiddo.

5 hours ago, AKane said:

This is a stronger bowling lineup than the 1984 Windies with Marshall, Holding, Garner, Walsh vs the Kim Hughes led Aussies.....

Kim Hughes then cried in a press conference and resigned as captain.

Will Pat Cummins be made to cry by Bumrah, Harshit/Siraj/Shami, Akashdeep and co?

Are you being facetious? Our bowling attack is very good but no one comes close to w.indies peak attack of 80s

6 hours ago, raki05 said:

We can only see once he will get chance. Your point is valid his game against spin is solid , he needs to be tested against good fast bowlers in overseas competitions but one thing he has is fighting spirit and he value his wkt, So i believe he should get chances on overseas your to build further on start which got and gain more experience playing on different pitches.

If he can score 30 runs more than iyer on average i will take that in sena

19 hours ago, putrevus said:

Jurel has already scored more runs under pressure than KL Rahul has done in his whole career.

Kl Rahul has more centuries in wins in SENA than Sachin Tendulkar.

Random factoids like these don’t really prove much.

I am hopeful that Jurel does well away from home too

32 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Kl Rahul has more centuries in wins in SENA than Sachin Tendulkar.

Random factoids like these don’t really prove much.

I am hopeful that Jurel does well away from home too

Are you seriously talking about KL rahul.

13 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

And he did a pretty crappy job batting with the tail. His type of batsmen are not ideal to bat with the tail. And he has been a very mediocre keeper and still is a very mediocre keeper. Better keep to looking at stats page and not understanding the game, kiddo.

Dude he literally has not out innings in won matches and drawn matches with the tail. The reason he doesn't bat much with tail is because he was batting much higher than Jurel, if he was in the team he would have batted ahead of patidar and jadeja. You cannot compare different positions, Jurel batting so low has more chances to bat with tail. 

His keeping got accolades from everyone in his last 2 years before injury but what do they know, mughlo called him mediocre. 

That Brisbane knock alone is enough to elevate Pant to elite status. But, I knew he had other clutch knocks, but I have a terrible memory and I took help from espncricinfo regarding Pant. Took me 20 seconds to find this gem:

His first Test century came in his third match, on the 2018 tour of England, when he made 114 from No. 7 when up against a target of 464 that he made look almost gettable at points when he was at the crease.

Early the following year he produced 159 off 189 balls in a giant India total in Sydney, which sealed their first series in Australia. An encore followed early in 2021, when he made a brisk 97 at the SCG, helping wrest a draw off Starc, Cummins, Lyon and Hazlewood after India were staring down the barrel.

Pant's finest batting hour came in the classic that followed in Brisbane: an unbeaten 89 to steer a veritable India third XI home in a tall chase, and to their second series win down under in two visits. In Cape Town at the start of 2022, he made an almost ludicrous 100 off 139 in an India total where the next highest score was 29. And later that year, he set India up with a rapid 146 in the first innings of the postponed last Test of their tour of England from 2021 - only for England to outgun them in a berserker fourth-innings chase.

After these clutch, face-saving and/or epoch-making knocks that transcend statistics, we'd be remiss to exclude Pant from an all-time India XI.

In fact, if BCCI called me and gave me the ultimate authority to craft an all-time India XI , I'd put Pant's name first, then Gavaskar and VVSL, and outsource the rest of the picks because no matter what the rest do, these 3 will provide redemption.

I hope he returns stronger than ever and even if he doesn't, he is a test legend forever.

8 hours ago, New guy said:

Dude he literally has not out innings in won matches and drawn matches with the tail. The reason he doesn't bat much with tail is because he was batting much higher than Jurel, if he was in the team he would have batted ahead of patidar and jadeja. You cannot compare different positions, Jurel batting so low has more chances to bat with tail. 

His keeping got accolades from everyone in his last 2 years before injury but what do they know, mughlo called him mediocre. 

Not out innings does not equal being good at batting with the tail. The three textbook examples of batting with the tail are : Lara, Tendulkar and the Jurel performance - you face 3-4 balls every over and take a single, not exposing the tail to extended attack from the same bowler. Which is why players like Sehwag, Gillchrist,Pant etc. are not very good at batting with the tail.  A clear indication of this, is to see how many balls tailenders end up facing in total when batting with these guys. When you see a #9-11 have an innings of 12 off of 50 balls, its not because this tailender has blocked their way through several maidens of a bowler. its because they have had to block 1-3 balls per over and no bowler got a chance to lay a combination plan for the tailenders, instead, just try to produce magic balls or tempt them to throw their wickets away.

He didnt get accolades from ' everyone' - as i said, his keeping has been thoroughly mediocre his whole career and Jurel is already a much better keeper than him. 

Pant **MAY** be good enough to bat in the top 5, but as i said, he is back to square1. he has to go through Ranji & IPL for a year to show us that he's still got it. 

Once you suffer such a serious injury that you have to take weeks or months to walk again, your past performances go outa the window. Thats harsh, but thats also reality.

22 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

he is back to square1. he has to go through Ranji & IPL for a year to show us that he's still got it. 

Once you suffer such a serious injury that you have to take weeks or months to walk again, your past performances go outa the window. Thats harsh, but thats also reality.

Totally agree with this. His place, esp as a keeper, is not guaranteed. He must go through the grind again before he is back in the Indian team. And I fervently hope he does it!

On 2/29/2024 at 6:47 AM, Adamant said:

The 5 venues would probably be 

Adelaide, Brisbaine, Perth, Melbourne, Sydney.

For Adelaide, Scg and Mcg play both Jadeja and Ashwin. If one of them flops in two matches replace him with Sundar.

I am counting Pant out as I don’t see a chance of him being there.

In Gabba and Perth, we should go with this lineup:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul

Jurel

Sundar

Jadeja

Shami / Akashdeep

Siraj 

Bumrah

In scg, Mcg and adelaide we will need Ashwin over Sundar.

Also spinners can operate even at 40+ and their job doesn’t require much fitness, Murali, Herath, Warne, Qadir all had a belly.

No reason to exclude Ashwin from the only away country where he actually wins matches.

good team, except for the glassman sundar. he has regressed badly. can't bowl long spells (he could do that once) and his batting has lost much of his tightness. even axar or ashwin offer more AR value, and kuldeep is a much better bowler.

This is my XI:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul (or Sarfaraz on pattas)

Jurel

Jadeja

Kuldeep/ Ashwin (can bat decently enough at 8)

Shami / Siraj

Akashdeep/ Siraj

Bumrah

35 minutes ago, Vijy said:

good team, except for the glassman sundar. he has regressed badly. can't bowl long spells (he could do that once) and his batting has lost much of his tightness. even axar or ashwin offer more AR value, and kuldeep is a much better bowler.

This is my XI:

Sharma

Jaiswal

Gill

Kohli

Rahul (or Sarfaraz on pattas)

Jurel

Jadeja

Kuldeep/ Ashwin (can bat decently enough at 8)

Shami / Siraj

Akashdeep/ Siraj

Bumrah

We play 4 pacers in most venues in SENA these days, except Sydney type pitches.