Mayank Yadav The Next Micheal Holding.

On 3/31/2024 at 7:00 AM, Number said:

The extra bounce he generated from good length area made him difficult to hit.

Full spell here -> https://x.com/cricket_factt/status/1774144794253509020?s=20

Just watch how he is varying lengths at will while keeping his line the same. 

This is a rare quality and bodes really well for him. 

Edited by express bowling
4 hours ago, Kron said:

And SA tried to promote mphaka fodder as some tearaway quick. He got obliterated worse than umran on his worst season. 

Also coetze is just fast not tearaway. In tests he was trundling. He is too chubby as well. 

Mphka is too young to play IPL-level cricket. should play in SA domestics for now

10 hours ago, Adamant said:

What is his height?

Looked tall but internet is showing 5”11.

Really exciting prospect, anyone who bowls 150kph is definitely hype worthy.

He is definitely taller than that. 

17 hours ago, Vijy said:

tearaway fast bowlers are not just rare in india, they are rare almost anywhere. none of the current regular Oz, NZ (lockie is not a regular in tests) bowlers are outright tearways. only SA and Eng have nortje and wood.

But we have never had one who has had any reasonable presence on the international stage.

16 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Guy has bowled all of 24 deliveries. No domestic experience. Might be worth waiting a bit or like Pakistani are we also going to start every second bowler as second coming of akram. 

No , this is not the case of overhyping someone , this young pacer is a real deal and if handled properly, will be a real star in no time . For me he is the 2nd young speedster got me excited in recent days , the 2nd being the Ehsanullah of Pakistan who, unfortunately he is out of action for almost a year now due to injury. But, BCCI an people in IPL are more professional and take care of their youngster better and hope Yadav will progress injury free .

And , his action is good and smooth but nothing like Mike Holding , the only one who had come close to Holding in recent time has been Jofra Archer, no one else.  

I read somewhere that Agarkar was interested in picking him for the test series against England but wanted to see him in action in one game atleast. And Mayank was injured, thus missing out on a chance to make an impression. It's good to know that Agarkar is keeping an eye on new talents and isn't afraid of selecting them. 

Edited by nevada

I mean he is supposedly already as good or better than Holding in his first match.

Anyone can see the clips of Holding on youtube and it is not trivial to match and better that.

Bumrah, Harshit, Mayank, <XYZ>.

We just need XYZ to match and exceed Malcolm Marshall now and people will be talking about the Indian pace quartet for decades like the WI pace quartet.

Can't wait!!!!

Edited by AKane
44 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

Bet all these pajeet uncles will bump this thread when this guy struggles.

Bet also that the excited nephews will not be there to chirpily defend him then.

7 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

But we have never had one who has had any reasonable presence on the international stage.

express pace bowling only took off in the 2010s with aaron & umesh leading the charge. one needs to give it some time.

moreover, srinath at peak was genuine express pace. his fastest ball was 156 kph (in Zim), and he was 2nd fastest bowler in 1999 ODI WC, just after shoaib akhtar.

5 hours ago, First class said:

No , this is not the case of overhyping someone , this young pacer is a real deal and if handled properly, will be a real star in no time . For me he is the 2nd young speedster got me excited in recent days , the 2nd being the Ehsanullah of Pakistan who, unfortunately he is out of action for almost a year now due to injury. But, BCCI an people in IPL are more professional and take care of their youngster better and hope Yadav will progress injury free .

And , his action is good and smooth but nothing like Mike Holding , the only one who had come close to Holding in recent time has been Jofra Archer, no one else.  

Joffrey (Jofra), as I call him, was nowhere near Holding. I saw Holding a lot in Eng. It wasn't just the smoothness and pace, it was also his accuracy, robust body, and perseverance/heart that marked him as different from most county bowlers. Joffrey scores well on the first two (smoothness, pace), does okay on the third (accuracy), and very poorly on the fourth and fifth.

11 hours ago, Lord said:

This thread is why we don't develop fast bowlers. Hyping so much isnt good for young fast bowler's mind

Yeah, this thread won't age well, even if Mayank does well. We are fully in Pak mode.

He's a great find, and we should celebrate it. But no need to compare him to Holding

I am totally against comparing rookies with all time greats. It puts a lot of pressure on the newbies. 

First let him take 100 test wickets averaging less than 26 and we will see.

Impediments to a long successful career can be multiple for tearaway quicks.

I just pray that he remains free of major injuries and has the hunger to play for his country. That is enough for the time being

14 hours ago, Lord said:

This thread is why we don't develop fast bowlers. Hyping so much isnt good for young fast bowler's mind

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

Yeah, this thread won't age well, even if Mayank does well. We are fully in Pak mode.

In India the problem is actually the opposite.  Fast bowlers don't get any hype.

Youngsters will take up fast bowling only if they have an idol to look up to from our own country. And preferably multiple idols. Some idols will have to be ATG pacers and others have to be really fast quicks who get adulation for their high speeds. 

We are in deep negative territory as far as hype is concerned for fast bowlers.  Opinions on ICF are not representative of the Indian cricket fraternity.. 

I hope the hype regarding fast bowling becomes 5x in India so that upcoming youngsters want to take up fast bowling and want to bowl fast. 

3 hours ago, Vijy said:

He's a great find, and we should celebrate it. But no need to compare him to Holding

I agree.

8 hours ago, AKane said:

and people will be talking about the Indian pace quartet for decades like the WI pace quartet.

Indian " pace " quintet of Binny, Madan, Kapil, Sandhu and Amarnath have proved that they were much better by beating this quartet twice in 1983.  The WI could think of 4 but we thought about 5 pacers. Just imagine what would have happened if Sunil Valson had played. We would have won thrice in two games. 

Edited by express bowling
3 hours ago, express bowling said:

In India the problem is actually the opposite.  Fast bowlers don't get any hype.

Youngsters will take up fast bowling only if they have an idol to look up to from our own country. And preferably multiple idols. Some idols will have to be ATG pacers and others have to be really fast quicks who get adulation for their high speeds. 

We are in deep negative territory as far as hype is concerned for fast bowlers.  Opinions on ICF are not representative of the Indian cricket fraternity.. 

I hope the hype regarding fast bowling becomes 5x in India so that upcoming youngsters want to take up fast bowling and want to bowl fast. 

I agree.

I was talking of comparisons. Hype is okay and much needed otherwise