Caste discussion in Indian cricket and TN cricket

Real McCoy

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Nothing in these articles even remotely suggest that Muslims are the biggest beneficiaries of the EWS.

Is there a specific line/ inference that I have missed?

It was related Muslims being removed from OBC category and included in general EWS category. Muslims are economically weaker as much SC/ST community as per data. The requirements of EWS is to earn less than 8l per year and since SC/STs don’t fall under EWS, Muslims not under OBC category will be large beneficiaries. Study shows that most schemes for minorities under Modi governments , Muslims are the largest beneficiaries. 

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

It was related Muslims being removed from OBC category and included in general EWS category. Muslims are economically weaker as much SC/ST community as per data. The requirements of EWS is to earn less than 8l per year and since SC/STs don’t fall under EWS, Muslims not under OBC category will be large beneficiaries. Study shows that most schemes for minorities under Modi governments , Muslims are the largest beneficiaries. 

Nowhere does it say that, the largest group of people who are eligible for the EWS are Muslims.

Nor does it say, that among those eligible, the largest group of people who avail the EWS quota are Muslims.

This study shows that among schemes that are for minorities, Muslims are the largest beneficiaries. Which seems logical given that among the minorities Muslims are by far the largest.

19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Nothing in these articles even remotely suggest that Muslims are the biggest beneficiaries of the EWS.

Is there a specific line/ inference that I have missed?

If there is a scheme which says say EWS gets Solar panels for reduced rates/free, Muslims will be biggest beneficiary vis a vis percentage of their population as most Rich Muslims from North India made to Pakistan.

However if there is reservation/quota in Professional schools/jobs, I doubt anyone can compete Poor Brahmins simply because of social ethos towards education is so advanced among Brahmins of India that a town student can outdo a rich person from any class.

3 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Nowhere does it say that, the largest group of people who are eligible for the EWS are Muslims.

Nor does it say, that among those eligible, the largest group of people who avail the EWS quota are Muslims.

This study shows that among schemes that are for minorities, Muslims are the largest beneficiaries. Which seems logical given that among the minorities Muslims are by far the largest.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think Indian Muslims should be classed as minority. They are second largest majority or in exceptinal cases majority in Indian state. Minorities are Budhist, Jains, Shias, Parsis and Sikhs outside Punjab. Christians shouldnt be classed as minority in few states and UTs as they are second largest majority.

Edited by mishra

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Then, it is my opinion that muslims will be major beneficiaries among EWS given the  economic status of the community as a whole. 

7 hours ago, mishra said:

Dont get me wrong, I dont think Indian Muslims should be classed as minority. They are second largest majority or in exceptinal cases majority in Indian state. Minorities are Budhist, Jains, Shias, Parsis and Sikhs outside Punjab. Christians shouldnt be classed as minority in few states and UTs as they are second largest majority.

I agree with you on all of this.

Where is the next generation of leaders from other parties ? Tejaswi and Udyanidhin. Supriya Sule. Akhilesh Jagan. What is the common element ? All incompetent Dynasty who hold their position simply based on their second name. 

This is why BJP will be the most important party even if it occasionally loses some election. Eventually all states will have to come under BJP fold one way or another. A cadre based party with ground up build of strong young leaders. 

4 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Where is the next generation of leaders from other parties ? Tejaswi and Udyanidhin. Supriya Sule. Akhilesh Jagan. What is the common element ? All incompetent Dynasty who hold their position simply based on their second name. 

This is why BJP will be the most important party even if it occasionally loses some election. Eventually all states will have to come under BJP fold one way or another. A cadre based party with ground up build of strong young leaders. 

Although Tejaswi Surya's uncle is a veteran MLA from Bengaluru South, he cannot be called as a dynast. I think he was handpicked by the Late MP/Minister Anantkumar's wife after she saw his oration in a college function.  He was very much a ground level functionary during ABVP days and came up unlike the others you have mentioned.  

Agree that he may not have the same charisma as Annamalai, but his law degree & student political life gives him an edge over others in South Bengaluru

14 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I agree with you on all of this.

@Mariyam JI, I always believe in concept Devil lies in details. Unlike Hindus(Jains, Sikhs included), Parasis, The Indian Muslims in North India has no old money. They do not have a successfull Muslim family to look upto and aspire to or their talent to get social support because the old Money migrated to Pakistan. This is one of the contributing factors in inequality (wealth as well as intellectual) in North between Hindus and Muslims.

The village  my family lives in was donated to us by a Muslim Jamindar. My great great forefathers got a lot of Brahmins and other Hindus settled in that village and redistributed the land between them.

Nearly a decades back, I met a Pakistani man in a gym. While chatting to him , I enquired how come his accent is not even remotely Pakistani. How come? He told me that his family used to be Jamindar in Jaunpur (Uttar Pradesh) which is incidentally where my village is located. I was spellbound. Stunned at the scenario as to Who have I met. I didnt knew how to react. Simply a sense of respect and feeling of being small creeped in me. Now think, why wouldnt such a family if still living in Jaunpur wont be respected.

Bottomline is, Backbone of Muslim SOciety in India was broken because of partition of India under Jinnah ill thought/ill advised leadership. It will take a few centries and many Modis and lot of noble work for Community by Muslims to resurrect the intellect and respect. Rise of People like Atiq Ahmed among Muslim Community was actaully filling the void created by emigrated successfull Muslim. They only create fear, Not generate goodwill or respect

Edited by mishra

12 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

How much loaded are we talking here?

Insanely loaded...  Visit their homes you will get the idea.  Don't go by media narrative. 

Colleges in Punjab/Haryana/Delhi are filled with them...  A normal middle class Kashmiri Muslim student travels via air from Delhi to Srinagar/Jammu....  Unthinkable for a middle class UP Muslim student. 

They also seem to be most educated among the bunch.  Surprisingly only place where Birth rate seems to on par with Hindus.  So yes Kashmiri Muslims seem to have  a lot different social structure compared to rest of Indian Muslims. 

Edited by Lone Wolf