Angkrish Raghuvanshi

vvvslaxman

11 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I can imagine some years down the line,Iyer coaching one of the franchises and teaching newcomers pulling very much like this:wp23:

Disclaimer -Ponting was great puller

Iyer saab has already released a video to benefit students around the world

4 hours ago, Lord said:

Iyer saab has already released a video to benefit students around the world

Actually i have seen worse players than him against short ball. But they knew how to hide it, how not to look stupid. This guy  seemingly has a lot of ego based on his interviews. So more you press him more he wnats to take on without proper decision making. There are certain balls even expert pull shot players don't play. But bro Iyer goes after everything and gets out. Either that or he expects a short ball and gets a full ball to get out.

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Actually i have seen worse players than him against short ball. But they knew how to hide it, how not to look stupid. This guy  seemingly has a lot of ego based on his interviews. So more you press him more he wnats to take on without proper decision making. There are certain balls even expert pull shot players don't play. But bro Iyer goes after everything and gets out. Either that or he expects a short ball and gets a full ball to get out.

In WC final he stayed back to a rather full ball. Has develop a problem like Raina did in later years. Expecting short stuff and basing your game on that.

2 hours ago, Vijy said:

raghu has gone off the boil somewhat

He is not a slogger. He is trying his best to adapt. He is a proper stroke player. I like his trigger movements, feet movement. Definitely good future. Being a Mumbai guy he will have his own advantage when it comes to selections

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

He is not a slogger. He is trying his best to adapt. He is a proper stroke player. I like his trigger movements, feet movement. Definitely good future. Being a Mumbai guy he will have his own advantage when it comes to selections

didn't see much of that advantage for sarfaraz.

On 5/8/2024 at 2:39 PM, Vijy said:

didn't see much of that advantage for sarfaraz.

His dad pissed off quite a few people. Plus you gotta blame Dravid too who fast-tracked SKY  in Tests despite any track record, whereas Sarfaraz was the top scorer in Ranji averaging close to 100 across 3 Ranji seasons! :shock:

12 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

His dad pissed off quite a few people. Plus you gotta blame Dravid too who fast-tracked SKY  in Tests despite any track record, whereas Sarfaraz was the top scorer in Ranji averaging close to 100 across 3 Ranji seasons! :shock:

therefore, being from mumbai is not an automatic selection card

18 minutes ago, Vijy said:

therefore, being from mumbai is not an automatic selection card

There're always exceptions. If you somehow p*ss off the higher ups, you're gone. Unfortunately that's the system we have in place. You have to show "respect" to seniors even though they are incompetent, and even a perceived insult can be career-ending.